View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 22:21   #2
geminicricket
NRA Life member

Multivitamins not chewed a bit can sometimes pass through the digestive tract intact. A Shaklee sales rep told me that once, so instead of buying his $20 easy-dissolve pills, I chewed my cheap pills.

Take a multivitamin.
Exercise by chewing it.
Demonstrate mental health by rationally choosing a vitamin and a method of ingestion.

Such an elegant solution!

Exercise seems to relieve stress for many people. But, like liquor, it won't make real problems go away. Is your "rough time" the mental war with your weight, or is something else going on?

You can overdose on fat-soluble vitamins with harmful effects, so be a little bit careful that you aren't taking 10x the RDA of stuff on a regular basis. A healthy, balanced diet does not lack in any of the nutrients or vitamins you need. My diet is not healthy or balanced, so I take a cheap multivitamin each morning, biting through the hard coating to expose the interior stuff to my stomach acids.

I exercise as often as I can, but since I don't have a problem with stress I don't recognize any stress-related benefit to exercise for me.
geminicricket is offline   Reply With Quote