View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:47   #103
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT

Quote:
Originally posted by 10mm4ever
Face it Pat,you're no more an authority on this subject than anyone else here.Stating that a hit with a .22 beats a miss with anything else is called stating the obvious.You're evidently assuming that the BG is going to stand there while you pick which part of his anatomy you're going to hit."Reality" shows that in a gunfight,you'll hit your target any way possible,and your calm normal aiming will not apply to a firefight due to several factors,adrenaline dump,etc.You make the whole thing sound like a very sedate controlled situation,when in fact it's anything but! Exactly how do you go about "fighting your way" to a more effective weapon,call a timeout?? Get real,if you've paid someone to teach you this,I'd demand a refund.
Well frankly I feel confident enough in my training and experience to put it up against most anyone on this board.

and your calm normal aiming will not apply to a firefight due to several factors,adrenaline dump,etc.You make the whole thing sound like a very sedate controlled situation
END QUOTE

Again if you had training in combat shooting you would know its possible to make good hits despite high stress. And thats what wins fights hitting your target before he hits you and hitting him where it counts. The truth is the more you face stress and the better you get the more sedate it will feel. Thats the goal is to be able to control your mindset and keep a level head. This will save you when your 10mm super double tap loaded Glock 20 will not. Mindset,tactics and shot placement and courage win gunfights. Its the caliber of the shooter not the gun that really matters.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class

Last edited by Alaskapopo; 11-10-2005 at 09:55..
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote