Thread: Tax Question
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 23:24   #1
vote or die
DTD2's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: S.E. Wisconsin
Posts: 261

Tax Question

I recieved a grievance settlement, in the amount of $4500, from my employer for damage to my personal property while on duty. Do I need to claim this as income? If so what form do I use?

E-mails and calls to the IRS prove fruitless and H&R block said if they did not send me a 10-99 for it than don't claim it.

Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks in advance,
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
DTD2 is offline   Reply With Quote