Thread: OAF recipes
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 18:03   #16
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

My favorite cassarole when I was a kid, I loved it so much that I learned how to make it. The cassarole dish I use is 9 inch diameter and 3 1/2 inches deep and that is probably what would work the best, never tried using anything else (yes, I stole the dish my mom made it in when I was a kid;f ) It is called Chop Suey Rice

1 pound of hamburger
3/4 cup of rice
4 to 5 stalks of celery, chopped
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1 box of fresh sliced mushrooms
1 envelope of Liptons chicken noodle soup mix.

Brown the hamburger, onion, celery, mushrooms and rice together over medium to medium high heat. Salt and pepper it to taste, I use Jess Halls Serendipity season salt (cant be had in the stores here in the east, but can be found on the internet, good stuff) When you about have it browned / cooked get a pan with 4 cups of water and heat it to boil. Once the water is boiling at the envelope of Liptons chicken noodle mix and let it boil for 4 minutes then remove it from the heat. Combine the ingredients from the frying pan and the soup into the cassarole dish and bake it in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes

It is so good it will make your babies be born naked and your teeth will swap holes.;f

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote