View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 01:55   #24
FortyCaliber
10millimember

And with regard to checking references, that was a travesty as well.

The deputy calls me up and complains that I didn't put my supervisor's phone number on the application, yet the application does not ask for the supervisor's name or number.

He also complains that he has not been able to get a hold of any of my references for two days and that he needs to talk to them immediately. (Each reference had at least one land line and one cell phone number on the application. I only put references that had good access and availablilty to a phone 24 hours a day, at both work and home.)

He also complained that one reference's mailbox was full and that he kept getting disconnected, yet when I returned the deputy's call HIS MAILBOX WAS FULL AND I GOT DISCONNECTED! When I pointed this out he was dumbfounded and mumbled that it was better when there were people that would answer the phone.

Anyway, I call both of my references immediately and got a hold of both of them. Either I was just really, really lucky or the abilty to read and use a phone is not required to work in the sheriff's office.
Pennsylvania Glockers #45
NRA Life / LEAA Life / GSSF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FortyCaliber is offline   Reply With Quote