View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 21:58   #23
geekboy
Glock Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by Glocks&Ducs
I feel sorry for some of you that think you only have to follow the laws in your CCW books. There are several more laws that apply to gun ownership and possesion, concealed or otherwise, that you should know aside from what is in your CCW book. I bet some of you have never even read these source documents.
I'm just shocked that the AG's interpretation of 14‑288.7 limits CCW holders.

They have a legal snafu I think...

14-288.7 is regarding weapons during a state of emergency. In 14-288 it specifically declares that "This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties".

If you read 14-269, which is the Carrying Concealed Weapons statute, you'll see clearly that in 14-269(a1) "It shall be unlawful for any person willfully and intentionally to carry concealed about his person any pistol or gun except in the following circumstances" and (2) "The deadly weapon is a handgun, and the person has a concealed handgun permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter or considered valid under G.S. 14‑415.24". This is for the exception to 14-269.

Oops!

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, but I did sleep at home last night!

Glock 19
Glock 26
geekboy is offline   Reply With Quote