View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 20:03   #18
bigtuna

Needed to resurrect this thread...

I'm now living in Hawaii as a full-time resident, where the gun control laws are oppressive and it's actually costly to go through the process to buy a gun.

My father lives in Florida and I plan on visiting him at least once a year. I have pretty much all the handguns I've been interested in buying, but I'd like to buy an AR-15 complete lower receiver.

When I visit my Dad in Florida, can I buy an AR-15 complete lower receiver as a non-resident of Florida? I'm not sure if that's considered a long gun or what, and I don't know if there's a consensus here as to whether a non-resident of Florida can even buy a long gun. AR-15's are legal in Hawaii, the only restriction is a 10-round magazine cap.

I wanted to buy an AR-15 complete lower receiver in Virginia where I'm visiting next week, but the dealer said "You can buy long guns from me if you're from a state which I'm familiar with the laws. But I'm unfamiliar with Hawaii laws, so I better not sell you any long guns." Not very helpful.

Also, can you recommend a (helpful) gun store in the Venice or Sarasota area? I'm sure an e-mail or phone call to them will answer my question right away. Thanks.
Winchester Model 70 .30-06 rifle
Bushmaster AR-15 A3 M4 rifle
bigtuna is offline   Reply With Quote