Thread: Chicago
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 21:37   #1
Errick
NRA Patron

Chicago

"Does not apply to or affect transportation of weapons that meet one of the following conditions:

(i) are broken down in a non‑functioning state;
or

(ii) are not immediately accessible; or
(iii) are unloaded and enclosed in a case,
firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card"

Iíve read the posts here and the state website and the best I can come up with is the above. If I abide with all the above, unloaded, broken down, locked gun case in the trunk, inaccessible, as a non-resident no card needed Iím good to pass through your State. But I have to pass through Chicago which seems to have all manner of red flags.

So the question;

I am a Michigan resident with a CPL and next weekend and am planning on going to Wisconsin from the Detroit area.

I understand I canít CCW in Illinois or Wisconsin but passing through Chicago with their ordinances which do not make it clear if I can even possess while going through the city even following the State rules am I taking a chance if I bring my pistol along on the trip?

Thanks for any responses.

Big Dawg #1319 - G1 Niner #162 - NRA Patron - IDPA - SAFR - Novi CERT
"The first thing you have to do is disarm the people. A disarmed public can't fight back"
-- Adolf Hitler

Errick is offline   Reply With Quote