View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 05:16   #4
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Here is some interesting info from Glockfaq.com, a site you should visit:

Glock 17 Pro
Available only in Finland, the Glock 17 Pro has some unique features not found on any other Glocks. It's a standard 3rd gen Glock 17 plus:
Maritime spring cups
3.5 lb connector
Extended slide lever
Glock night sights (TriLux OEM)
Glock extended barrel w/ threads
Plus 2 magazine extension
Recontoured magazine release

All parts Glock factory installed and the G17 Pro cost only $80 more than a standard G17.

What's new from Glock?
While Glock hasn't announced any new guns, they do have a few new features and products coming out very soon (some of them may already be available by the time you read this).

Glock Night Sights
Glock is now making their own night sights. They are purchasing the tritium tubes from another manufacturer and embedding them into a set of steel sights. Reports indicate that they glow very brightly in the dark and feature white rings that give an excellent daytime sight picture as well. The cost is around $57.00. The only potential drawback to the sights is that the front sight is staked on rather than screwed on. This may require a special tool to remove the front sight without damaging it in the process. The Glock night sights are shown in the 2002 Glock Autopistols/Glock Annual and have already appeared on some new Glocks.

Optional Internal Lock
The Glock lock is another item featured in the 2002 Glock Autopistols/Glock Annual. The system resides in the hollow backstrap and comes with two keys. When locked, the magazine release and slide still function but the trigger does not. This allows the gun to be loaded or unloaded while it is locked.

Glock Light
The Glock light was displayed at the 2002 Shot Show. It slides onto any rail equipped Glock much like the M3 light that is available today.

Glock Box
Another item that debuted at the 2002 Shot Show is the new Glock box. This box is foamed lined, lockable, and will be used for all new Glocks sometime later this year

Loaded Chamber Indicator
To comply with the ever-tightening gun laws of some states, Glock has added a loaded chamber indicator to all models. The indicator is simply a re-shaped extractor that sticks out from the side of the slide when a round is in the chamber.

Why should I buy a Glock instead of a HK/Sig/1911/Beretta?

This is a question I get asked a lot. The truth is, I can't tell you what gun you should buy because I don't know what your requirements are. Glocks are not the best gun for every purpose. I can, however, tell you why I chose a Glock: reliability, durability, simplicity, trigger action, no manual safety, availability of parts & accessories and the GSSF.

Reliability - A well cared-for Glock is absolutely 100% reliable and I am comfortable trusting my life to one.

Durability - Glocks will go on and on and on and on. There's no way I could wear one out in my lifetime.

Simplicity - It's the only semi-automatic handgun that is simple enough for me to work on. I have no gunsmithing training but I can completely take apart my Glock and replace any part in it. Try that with a HK or 1911.

Trigger action - Glock has the same trigger pull every time, all the time. No switching from double action to single action, no de-cocking.

No manual safety - This means less complication when drawing and firing and no question about whether the gun is on safe or off safe.

Availability of parts and accessories - There are at least 5 web sites where I can order every single replacement part for any Glock, and literally hundreds of sites to shop for holsters, barrels, magazines and competition accessories. Try that with a Sig or Beretta.

GSSF - The Glock Sport Shooting Foundation is a simple, fun sport that provides a level playing field for all competitors and awards great prizes to all classes of shooters. As if that's not enough, there are factory armorers at every match who will fix any problem with your Glock and replace any parts for free.

Those are the reasons I chose to go with Glock and I'm 100% certain that I made the right choice. There are some additional benefits to the Glock that are important to others and may be a factor in your decision:
Safety (4 separate safeties)
Reputation (used by police and military around the world)
Light weight (frame and other parts made of polymer)
High capacity (10 .45 rounds in a subcompact, 17 9mm rounds in a full-size)
Price (significantly less than a 1911, HK or Sig)
"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote