View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 18:36   #10
KnightOfTheOlde
BuckeyeFirearms

Send a message via AIM to KnightOfTheOlde
How did Brian's comments become contorted into an attack on BFA? Yes, we endorsed Strickland and you know what no matter how you stack it he's a far better governor then the last Rhino we had. We also endorsed Blackwell and Bill Peirce. BFA simple stated all 3 are good on our issue. Most of our people worked for Blackwell despite his arrogance and poorly organized campaign. It was a rare opportunity for gun owners and BFA to have 3 strong pro gun candidates to choose from. If Ohio wanted the most PRO gun Governor it would have chosen Bill Peirce. The only one who is to blame for republican loses and a democratic governor are the Ohio republican party and Bob Bennet. Personally I worked very hard for Petro in the primaries as I knew Blackwell would lose the general and he did.

We "BFA" are an unbiased one issue pac, we will fight for you rights and support the best candidate/s on the 2A. It's up to you to take into account your beliefs on the other issues and party loyalty. Firedog I respect you and your opinion sir, We have a good history. But you are barking up the wrong tree when you blame BFA for the Ohio GOP's failings. It's also fantastic that you actively support pro gun candidates and legislation. This is very important. But if you want to know the dirty truth about politicians is most don't care. They care about being elected, holding onto power, not taking chances and lining their own pockets. There are a few great folks who hold office and we must endeavor to single out and support them. In order to move legislation, to be effective you have to be organized and be in a position to fight from the inside. nothing happens without much work. That's what BFA can do that you may not be able to do on your own.

Brian is a wonderful instructor and was good enough to hold a fundraiser for us. His statement here is genuine and hasn't been discussed with the BFA leadership. He simply saw gun owner apathy for himself and was highlighting that. For that he is being chastised? While it's true BFA does need your support, financially and volunteering your time. But that's your choice whether you wish to support us. I think Brian's point is valid, nothing will come from nothing. If you don't help, don't put in your time or silver then you have lost the right to complain.

2008 is going to be a watershed year. Federally there has been no serious threat to our rights since the AWB sunset. Politicians aren't stupid, they are however obtuse.. They know gun control is a losing issue in a campaign year. But don't think for one moment after the presidential election guns will remain off the table for long. Will you support BFA, GOA, SAF when the next big fight comes? Right now we're fighting to move castle for the safety and freedom of all ohioans and have opponents in every corner. Speaking in generalities and not at anyone person, sure, don't support us because your a neo con and believe the Republican party lost because we co endorsed Strickland. Strickland would sign castle doctrine today if it was on his desk. Who do you think is holding up the works? One clue it ain't us or the D's. It's your rights, you decide..

Again I have the greatest respect for everyone here. Firedog I consider you a friend and you know I'm the real deal. The BFA volunteers and leaders put in so much time to the point of giving up personal time, income etc, please be respectful if not supportive. Linda has done more then most men could even begin to do for gun rights in Ohio and deserves all of our thanks. Let's try to work together and get some things done!

Some quotes to ponder..

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams, (1722-1803) U.S. Founding Father and Public Enemy #1

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

- John Stuart Mill, 1806 - 1873

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

edited for spelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog978 View Post
Brian@ITC,

With all due respect to your opinion, most Ohio CCW holders are 'conservative' and I dare say Republican. Please do your research and see the candidates that the Ohio gun rights groups endorsed in the past elections for Ohio's highest offices!
Yes, we had a RINO, anti-gun rights Governor. Yes, change was begged by all Ohioans including the 'conservative' base. That Governor was out of step with his party and he knew it. The Republican candidate running (Ken Blackwell) was a true believer in 2nd Amendment rights and was the change for the party that we wished for.
I applaud the work of the Ohio gun rights groups for 2nd Amendment rights. But, I refuse to hand over any of my $$, or my time to anyone or any group that supports a Democrat on ONE ISSUE! Your post makes it quite obvious that many other Ohio CCW holders feel similar. We believe very strongly in our 2nd Amendment rights but we also can see the big picture of electing a Democrat on that lone issue. For your information, Governor Strickland has just endorsed Hilly Dilly Clinton! Now we will hold our breath in fear of her possible election and see if the spoken words of this Governor concerning the 2nd Amendment will stay true if that occurs. She would pressure him into worse than Taft ever was!
Please do not try to shame Ohioans for staying the course and refusing to back any group (with $$ or time) after they endorsed such a candidate when another choice was also at hand!

edited to add: We have many other ways we work for 2nd Amendment rights! It isn't only giving $$ and time to the registered gun-rights groups. I personally contact often, elected officials. I give my $$ and assistance (volunteer time) to those I know work for my rights (2A and all others). I make it a point to write and phone businesses that post no gun signs. I write letters to the editor. I do spend as much of my (personal) time and $$ as almost anyone else in Ohio can say they do. We as individuals can make great strides too. We do not have to assist any one organization to be effective.

Stop by Ohios most effective PAC for the latest Second Amendment, Outdoors and political news!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by KnightOfTheOlde; 11-10-2007 at 22:54.. Reason: spelling
KnightOfTheOlde is offline   Reply With Quote