As a retired Master Chief (HMCM) here are a few things to tell him.
1. You will learn more with your ears and eyes open and your mouth shut.
2. Pay attention to detail.
3. "NEVER" say sir to a "CHIEF" This would happen only once.
4. Do the best you can. Never do enough just to get buy.
5. When he gets out of "A" school get advice and learn from the guys who have been on the job for awhile. Graduating "A" school does not mean you know it all or what your doing.
6. Have HONOR and INTEGRITY be a man of your word and be the best you can. Always strive to be better.
7. Enjoy your hitch.
" If gun's kill people....Do pencil's misspell word's ?? "