GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:28   #1
TreverSlyFox

Just spent 10 minutes trying to Log In to the forum.

When the forum page came up it showed I was not logged in (I don't log out after each session). So I hit the Log In Link Box just above the Laser Max Ad on the right side of the screen.

Everything seemed to go fine, got the "Thank You For Logging In TreverSlyFox" screen and was redirected back to the Forum page. BUT I WAS NOT LOGGED IN! Tried to log in several more times with the same exact results.

Finally used the Site Navigation and went to the "User CP" page and got the Log In Screen there and got a successful Log In there.

Seems like the Log In Box On the Forum Page isn't doing it's job right.
Old 04-06-2009, 19:44   #2
wildstar

I having the same problem with my Firefox browser.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:34   #3
mr fixit
Curmudgeon

Me too. It only worked when I tried to reply to this post. Every other time it said thanks for logging in Mr Fixit, then redirected me back where I started, not logged in.

Also using Firefox
Old 04-10-2009, 14:15   #4
djackson
CLM Number 251
Charter Lifetime Member

same for me with firefox

Old 04-16-2009, 17:14   #5
JAY-TX
Da Pimp

Same problem here. I'm posting from my iPhone, so I don't know about the firefox. If I try to post it tells me to log in. I log in and write my post. Then I have to log in again. Then it redirects me to the thread where I posted. It says welcome JAY-TX in the box to the right. I go back out to GNG and that box is the log in box again, and I'm logged out. If I want to post again I have to start the process all over.

GT needs to get this fixed.

I got kicked out of the cub scouts for eating a brownie.
Old 04-16-2009, 21:00   #6
Ok Prdator

I have the same problem with my Iphone and did for a wile with my Macbook. It just sarted working one day??

Any ideas on the Iphone??
Old 04-16-2009, 21:13   #7
NYcarry
Banana!Banana!

try logging in at http://glocktalk.com without the www. in there.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:48   #8
DJ Niner

It is my understanding that the main page login is not functioning correctly. Eric is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. In the meantime, try this method. It worked for me, and has worked for others using Firefox.

Delete your Glock Talk cookies
(go to Tools>Options..., then click Show Cookies button. Scroll down list to "Gs", find Glock Talk folder, highlight it, click Remove Cookie button, then Close button)

Clear Cache
(go to Tools>Options..., find the Private Data area, click the Clear Now button, then the OK button near the bottom)

Close Firefox (ALL browser windows)

Reopen Firefox

DO NOT use whatever page you normally have bookmarked to get to Glock Talk; use this one instead:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php
Click the Remember Me box when you log in, and if Firefox prompts you to remember your password, choose your option.

Let me know how it works for you. Some folks have said it didn't fix things initially, and then the next time they logged in, everything was working fine; so, it may take more than one visit to verify that it has corrected the problem.
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-01-2009, 23:54   #9
DJ Niner

Did this solve any of you folks' problems?
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:54   #10
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Niner View Post
Did this solve any of you folks' problems?
No, not usually. On top of that after I "accept" GT's cookies, FF v3.0.x automatically assigned the gt site entires (glocktalk.com; www.glocktalk.com) as a "block cookies from" site, and I have to pull up the stupid thing from one of the top menus ("Security" or somesuch) and delete every possible cookie, and then try again. 90% of the time I just end up having to relogin with every page change, every forum change, every post, etc.

To be fair FF is also screwing around with my acces to cox webmail - but Cox has been doing some really wierd redirects, so that might be part of the problem - I haven't weeded out and deleted all the cox cookie settings, even though I try telling it cox.com is ALLOWED. Or doing the hunt-through-exceptions-list-remove-all-Cox-cookies and start again.
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
Old 05-07-2009, 19:49   #11
Old Coastie

It didn't work for me. I have logged in twice since making the changes and my results are the same. The only way I can get logged in it to click the reply button in any thread. The login window comes up and I log in. After that, everything is fine.

Good shooting.
Old 06-02-2009, 13:53   #12
JBP55

Same problem here. Must log in as if replying to a previous post to get logged in.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:39   #13
Lotiki
All that is man

This has been discussed to death already.

For some reason with firefox the only to log in and stay logged in is to hit the "reply" button and login in on that screen.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:11   #14
ntech

I don't have the fix, but I have a way around it. After you log in, it tells you thank you for logging in, however it doesn't work. Click on the register for forums button. It will say you are already registered. However there is a button to click that says "edit user profile." Click that, and it takes you to your user settings. From there you can go to the forums and you will be logged in.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:07   #15
Ralphie

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralphie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntech View Post
I don't have the fix, but I have a way around it. After you log in, it tells you thank you for logging in, however it doesn't work. Click on the register for forums button. It will say you are already registered. However there is a button to click that says "edit user profile." Click that, and it takes you to your user settings. From there you can go to the forums and you will be logged in.
Thank you! My previous workaround was to type in a bad password, then ask them to email me my new password. That logged me in, without ever checking my email or resetting my password. It just logged me in.

This is much easier.
Old 06-15-2009, 15:52   #16
Mrs. VR
Administrator

You can also log in from any page OTHER than the main page, or by replying to/starting a thread.

90/9/1

Old 06-24-2009, 08:31   #17
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

IE 8.0 suxs.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn

Last edited by G33; 07-05-2009 at 19:28..
Old 06-24-2009, 08:33   #18
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

See you guys in a month or so.
Flight to catch.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:49   #19
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Dropped lappy.
Works ok now.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:50   #20
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Cannot log out now.

Used: TOOLS to clear and log out.
Bye.