Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-05-2009, 19:05   #1
MilitantBEEMER

What exactly is the .25 trigger job?

I am new to the forum and am curious as the what exactly the .25 trigger job involves. I have seen it mentioned several times but not able to find description.

Thank you for your help.

mili
MilitantBEEMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 19:07   #2
outkast23

Its when you take a polishing pad on a dremel tool and polish your connect rod on your trigger assembly. As a result you get a smoother trigger pull.
outkast23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 19:09   #3
MilitantBEEMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast23 View Post
Its when you take a polishing pad on a dremel tool and polish your connect rod on your trigger assembly. As a result you get a smoother trigger pull.
Are there any example pictures?

I am a visual kinda guy....

Mili
Old 06-05-2009, 19:10   #4
curtiswr

The $0.25 Glock trigger job
curtiswr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 19:12   #5
Isaiah1412

Perhaps that thread should be stickied somewhere? Its really quite good.
Isaiah1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 19:17   #6
MilitantBEEMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiswr View Post
Wow, awesome and way over my head.
"Dammit Jim i am a sales manager not a mechanic"

I will hold onto this article unti I feel alot more comftorable with my Glock and its components.

Mili
Old 07-09-2011, 15:25   #7
applevalleyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiswr View Post
Thanks...real handy info. Can anyone recommend someone who is adept at this to perform this for a decent price?
applevalleyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 21:15   #8
Opus109
Man Omega

Go to YouTube.com and put "Glock 25 cent trigger job" in the search function. There are several videos of differing levels of detail that, in my opinion, give more thorough and "visual" instructions than text with pictures. Just my $.02.

Opus109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 23:13   #9
outkast23

If you really wanna get fancy you can do a 75 cent trig job! jk I dont wanna confuse you (theres no such thang)
outkast23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 23:49   #10
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Doing it with a Dremel tool is a good way to screw up the trigger bar and/or the firing pin too.

Quite a few people have come here over the last ten years wondering why their Glock doesn't work, or why it fires more than one shot when they pull the trigger after having done a $.25 trigger job....with a Dremel tool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:52   #11
Frmboybuck
***** medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Doing it with a Dremel tool is a good way to screw up the trigger bar and/or the firing pin too.

Quite a few people have come here over the last ten years wondering why their Glock doesn't work, or why it fires more than one shot when they pull the trigger after having done a $.25 trigger job....with a Dremel tool.

Not if you use your brain doing it. Thats why its called buffing, not grinding. If you have some wits about you, the Dremel works better than anything
Frmboybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 16:25   #12
JJay03
NRA Member

I was looking all over for this also. On a carry gun should I do the 3.5lb connector also? If so where do I get it?
JJay03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 20:59   #13
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay03 View Post
I was looking all over for this also. On a carry gun should I do the 3.5lb connector also? If so where do I get it?
No way would I advise anyone to use a 3.5 connector with a coil spring in a carry gun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:01   #14
M5Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay03 View Post
Around here all Glocks issued by the Ministry of Defense, Military and Police are all issued with the 3.5 lb connector.

You can get the original Glock connector from many online sources, try some at the top of the page or at your local gun shop.
M5Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 23:35   #15
Brian Lee
Drop those nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frmboybuck View Post
Not if you use your brain doing it. Thats why its called buffing, not grinding. If you have some wits about you, the Dremel works better than anything

Sorry, but you're 100 percent wrong and Butch was 100 percent right. You seem to have missed his earlier point about things getting too rounded off. If you didn't see rounded off corners after using a buffing wheel, then your eyes are bad and you should look again with magnification.

It's impossible to keep the corners sharp with a buffing wheel simply because they are SOFT and roll over the edges of anything you buff with them.
Brian Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 15:05   #16
MuddyPaws
Platinum Membership

What about if ....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lee View Post
Sorry, but you're 100 percent wrong and Butch was 100 percent right. You seem to have missed his earlier point about things getting too rounded off. If you didn't see rounded off corners after using a buffing wheel, then your eyes are bad and you should look again with magnification.

It's impossible to keep the corners sharp with a buffing wheel simply because they are SOFT and roll over the edges of anything you buff with them.
I get why you do not want to *even minimally* change anything about the cruciform face (sear?)-striker (lug?) engagement but after a reasonable break-in (200 rounds? more? less?) what about literally polishing (just to a mirror finish) the contact faces of the connector and trigger bar as well as the guide rails and the slide grooves with a cone shaped Dremel felt (cotton?) polishing tool at low rpm and some low abrasive polish such as or Blue Metal Polish or ... ? Ditto the contact surfaces of the safety and the disengaging bump on the trigger bar?

I don't yet own a Glock but the ability to do maintenance such as this and changing springs, as Glock recommends, on my own, is one of the reasons I'm so interested in Glock.

Question 2: Is there a definitive Glock recommendation re: when to replace springs on G30sf?

Question: Is the G30sf a Gen3 with a few Gen4 improvements 'slipstreamed'? I haven't been able to confirm yet whether it has the dual recoil spring arrangement.

Sincere Thanks
pax vobiscum

"You will never have an AD but if you aren't sufficiently cautious you *will* eventually have an ND."

Last edited by MuddyPaws; 09-26-2014 at 13:29.. Reason: improve clarity of questions
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 16:51   #17
jdice1980
Proverbial Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post

I think you are wasting your time trying to convince these people. It is only human nature to blame ones failings (in this case the inability to shoot properly) on some external factor (trigger) rather than address the real issue (with practice).
jdice1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 19:00   #18
troy96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdice1980 View Post
I think you are wasting your time trying to convince these people. It is only human nature to blame ones failings (in this case the inability to shoot properly) on some external factor (trigger) rather than address the real issue (with practice).
You obviously lost something in translation. Butch didnt say dont do the job, but dont do it with a Dremel because they take too much off.

Enhancing "perfection" is not blaming the gun.

But I dont blame you for your misunderstanding. Its only human nature to grab hold of something so you can try to feel superior and demean others thus feeling better about your own shortcomings.
Old 08-27-2009, 20:21   #19
Mr Thundermaker
Delta Tau Chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy96 View Post
You obviously lost something in translation. Butch didnt say dont do the job, but dont do it with a Dremel because they take too much off.

But I dont blame you for your misunderstanding. Its only human nature to grab hold of something so you can try to feel superior and demean others thus feeling better about your own shortcomings.
Game, set, match. Well played sir.
Mr Thundermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 22:14   #20
CR500

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy96 View Post