Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups


Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 18:22   #1
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tallmadge, Ohio
Posts: 59
first question for you

I see there is a company that makes a switch for a glock to turn it into full automatic. What would I need to do to get a class III permit to own one of these? If this is doable what would the permit cost? I have had my FFL license for about 3 years now.
ktmracetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 20:48   #2
Zak Smith
Zak Smith's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fort Collins, CO, USA
Posts: 673
An individual can only take possession, using the proper forms and procedures (Form 4 or 5), of machineguns that were registered prior to the cutoff in '86. These are termed "Transferable Machineguns". It doesn't matter if you have an FFL or not, provided you do not have an SOT (more on that later).

These F/A glock "switches" are most likely illegal. The only way they could be legal is if they are considered by the ATF to be a registered auto-sear and were registered prior to the cutoff in '86, which is very unlikely.

If you have an SOT of the right class (2 and 3 are most common) associated with your FFL, you may possess properly-transferred post-86 machineguns for demo purposes to L.E. To get these you must have an appropriate "demo letter" from the department or government entity.

PS- I apologize for the delay. I didn't realize I was the moderator here!

Last edited by Zak Smith; 03-17-2010 at 20:49..
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51.

GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups

Users Currently Online: 756
239 Members
517 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42