GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-11-2010, 21:34   #1
Glock.23

Will have difficulty/I purchased a weapon out of state but am a MD res.

Hey all sorry for the vague title, but I'm AD Mil MD res but not located in state should i expect to recieve backlash if i re-enter md with a firearm not purchased there?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery." -Malcolm X
Glock.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:01   #2
dex
Waiting on NWO

It would only come up if you actually had to use the weapon in an altercation and I think the strictest letter of the law states that "regulated firearms" have to be registered but I think that only means at the time of purchase in MD. I did a little bit of searching and couldn't come up with anything that says you have to register your guns when you move to MD...that could still be the case though so do some homework and let us know what you come up with.
Old 05-02-2010, 22:13   #3
Aquanewt

As a matter of course, any firearm used in a reported criminal incident (including a self defense incident) will have a NCIC check done on it. That being said, once it has been determined not to be stolen, the person possessing it is usually listed as the legal owner. If you have paperwork all the better. (I'm a active duty police officer and most of the stuff we recover is used illegally and/or stolen but if you used something you can legally own, you are in good shape)