Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-31-2010, 18:02   #1
swat220

G17 Full Strip, help put my mind at ease

So I just completed my first full G17 tear down so that I could clean it all up back to new. There's a few thousand rounds through it so I thought it would be a good idea.

I used the Glock Unofficial Armorer's Guide which was very comprehensive and take down and reassembly went very smoothly. Here;s my problem though. After I reassembled the gun I did a dry fire test and it seemed to me that the trigger might be rubbing against something. The first stage of the trigger pull seems to be a little tighter than I remember, almost as if it's rubbing against something halfway through.

Now this could in fact just be my own brain being really sensitive and pretending like something isn't the same as it was but I can't be sure so my question to anyone who thinks they can help me is this: Is there supposed to be some resistance half way through the first stage of the trigger pull or did I possibly mess something up? If I did how can I fix it?

I took apart a few more times and nothing looks out of order at all. I wish I had another Glock to compare it with. Your help is MUCH appreciated

Last edited by swat220; 03-31-2010 at 18:02..
swat220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 18:35   #2
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Your firing pin safety spring didn't get in sideways, did it?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 18:53   #3
swat220

I'm not sure I will check
Old 03-31-2010, 19:03   #4
swat220

Dude you are AWESOME! That was exactly the problem! I can't thank you enough
Old 03-31-2010, 20:49   #5
paddle007

Installing firing pin safety spring

If you take the little spring and rotate it while inserting it into the plunger it will lock in place. Mine locks while rotating counter clockwise. That Gaston Glock is smarter than some give him credit for.
Old 03-31-2010, 21:53   #6
JohnKSa

Quote:
If you take the little spring and rotate it while inserting it into the plunger it will lock in place.
Yup, push and twist and it will click into place and stay there. That is actually part of the assembly process. Leaving the spring loose is not recommended--it should be locked into the firing pin safety before assembly.
JohnKSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 20:15   #7
swat220

Thanks to all responders. I appreciate the advice.