Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-06-2010, 18:56   #1
Patriot78

Golden Sabre / Ultimate home defense

Hello again Mas, I was looking to buy some Golden Sabers in 230 grain .45 and I came across the ( New? ) Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense rounds. The store was out of Golden Sabers so I opened the box and was surprised ( confused ) that the HD looked exactly like the GS. I went ahead and bought them cause I needed some HP for my .45. I went on Remingtons website and looked at the specs. They seem to be the exact same round as the GS. Is this just some new marketing ploy, or am I missing something? They have the exact same bullet and casing as the GS; but I was wondering if they maybe have a different powder or charge? Like I said before, they have all the same specs. as the GS. I was hoping you could let us know if it's truly different or just a GS with a more P.C. name. Thanks again for all you do for us Mas.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:16   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

I reached out to Remington for you on this, and their official company answer follows verbatim:

"These are the same loads, same design, same specifications.

Golden Saber is our premium P&R duty ammunition for the Law Enforcement market. The Home Defense brand has been re-named and repackaged for the commercial market. The brand 'Home Defense' more clearly defines the product usage for the commercial shooter."

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 18:22   #3
Patriot78

Same rounds in a warm and fuzzy package? GATE Self-Defense Forum Thank you Mas, and thank you Remington for giving us the " People of the jury, yes my client used hollow points, BUT they were special Home Defense rounds. " argument.