Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-15-2010, 15:12   #1
wmspdi

CR Speed Model G vs WSM II holster ?

I recently tore the rotator cuff in my shooting shoulder and find it almost impossible to draw from my high-ride leather pancake holsters, and some what painful to draw from my Comp-tac belt holster. However once my Glock G34 and G35 are clear of the holster I can shoot a string without a problem. Due to work commitments I won't be able to have the shoulder repaired until the first of the year, but I don't want to lose the summer shooting season. I was thinking of backing away from IDPA in favour of shooting GSSF with my G22 and USPSA Limited with my Glock 35 (major pf). I thought I might use a CR Speed holster for USPSA due to it's low mount on the belt and short draw.

I found two versions of the CR Speed holster for my Glock, the "Model G" and the "WSM II". Both holsters seem to serve my needs, but the Model G is available from Brownells for $110 vs the WSM II which seems to go for between $162 and $180+ depending on the dealer. I understand that there is a little more range of adjustment with the WSM II, but the Model G seems to have the correct drop from the belt and adjustable rake. Is there a reason to not save the 50 to 70 bucks and just go with the Model G? I have tried to search for reviews for the Model G but can not find any on the web. Thanks.

Last edited by wmspdi; 06-16-2010 at 08:20..
wmspdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:10   #2
dsmw5142
NRA Member

You could probably use a Bladetech dropped offset holster as well. You wouldn't have to raise your should that much to clear the top of the holster and it's a good bit less expensive at $68. It will work for USPSA production or Limited/Limited 10 just fine.

http://cpwsa.com/bladetech.htm

Rudy Project USA IDPA squad

Last edited by dsmw5142; 06-17-2010 at 07:13..
dsmw5142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:25   #3
wmspdi

I thought about that, but the CR Speed only requires about an inch of lift to clear the holster. Besides, I would like to build a G17 open/unlimited gun (comp and optics) this winter while I am on the mend from the surgery. The CR Speed system would be perfect for that style of race gun. I already have the inner/outer belt system.

Since no one can compare the 2 holsters based on actual use I will probably just bite the bullet and buy the new and improved version when funds permit. Until then I'll have to use my Comp-tac belt holster, along with range of motion exercises and double doses of Advil.

Last edited by wmspdi; 06-17-2010 at 09:26..
wmspdi is offline   Reply With Quote