Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-01-2010, 13:55   #1
jedg

Glock Trigger

The standard Glock trigger pinches my shooting finger. My finger seems to catch in the groove of the trigger safety bar and the trigger.

My question is are there any modified triggers to address my problem??

I like Glock's except for the trigger pinching which I can not tolerate.

Thanks

jedg
jedg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 17:55   #2
Glocktrigger
GT Sponsor

jedg,

Thanks for your question, I hope I can help. I haven't heard that specific complaint before. I use Glock Smooth Trigger w/ trigger bar in my drop-in kits. I have small hands and sometimes my trigger finger will hit the trigger safety on the side and cause the trigger to stick briefly. On my "EDGE" trigger, the trigger sits further back in the trigger guard due to pre-travel being removed. As a result there is no interference for my short trigger finger to run into. I would like to talk with you about it so I can be of help. A phone call would probably be in order because I have a few specific questions that may lead to a solution more quickly. I can be reached at 877-454-0877 9-5 weekdays or 502-432-2727 after hours until about 10 pm. Please call me to discuss, I believe we are both EST.

"Smooth is Faster"
Glocktrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 20:33   #3
Singlestack Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktrigger View Post
jedg,

Thanks for your question, I hope I can help. I haven't heard that specific complaint before. I use Glock Smooth Trigger w/ trigger bar in my drop-in kits. I have small hands and sometimes my trigger finger will hit the trigger safety on the side and cause the trigger to stick briefly. On my "EDGE" trigger, the trigger sits further back in the trigger guard due to pre-travel being removed. As a result there is no interference for my short trigger finger to run into. I would like to talk with you about it so I can be of help. A phone call would probably be in order because I have a few specific questions that may lead to a solution more quickly. I can be reached at 877-454-0877 9-5 weekdays or 502-432-2727 after hours until about 10 pm. Please call me to discuss, I believe we are both EST.
With the pre-travel removed on the EDGE trigger, have you observed the position of the trigger bar cruciform to see if it extends beyond the drop safety ledge on the trigger housing which effectively disables that safety function? Just curious as many of the aftermarket triggers that remove pre-travel defeats this safey making the pistol illegal for IDPA competition (maybe USPSA too but I'm not current on their rules). This was an issue with Vanek triggers.

Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 09-11-2010 at 20:35..
Singlestack Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:29   #4
Glocktrigger
GT Sponsor

I don't remove pre-travel by blocking any part of the drop safety channel. All safeties are intact when they leave my shop. I have never seen a Glock taken completely apart at any level USPSA or IDPA match to specifically look at the drop safety channel. The trigger safety will be looked at very carefully though.

"Smooth is Faster"
Old 07-01-2010, 21:17   #5
kamikaze1a

I just installed "the Edge" from Glocktriggers.com. A great trigger! The shortest reset I've experienced. Trigger sits further back than any that I've tried and I have them all...once you take up the slack, it's almost like a single action trigger. I like it!
kamikaze1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 22:03   #6
Glocktrigger
GT Sponsor

kamikaze1a,

That's the kind of stuff that makes my day. Thanks for taking the time to post.

"Smooth is Faster"
Old 07-02-2010, 11:39   #7
jedg

Glock Trigger Question

I will call next week. Most likely Tuesday or Wednesday.

Your response is greatly appreciated.

jedg
jedg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 21:21   #8
Glocktrigger
GT Sponsor

jedg,

Looking forward to hearing from you.

"Smooth is Faster"
Old 07-03-2010, 08:13   #9
Scouse

Quote:
have small hands and sometimes my trigger finger will hit the trigger safety on the side and cause the trigger to stick briefly
I pull any new Glocks apart, and trim those two wee bars off the side of the center trigger safety, use a box cutter. Cures the push to one side and stick problem, that could get you killed.

While I have your attention, my Buddy a Glock match putter on Guy here in Orlando, tells me Dave Svigney(sic) mods his triggers to get a clean 4 lb release? All mine are standard 2k from the factory, very clean, but a bit heavy.

What's that all about?
Old 07-03-2010, 18:15   #10
Glocktrigger
GT Sponsor

Scouse,

Thanks for the suggestion. When I said stick, I didn't mean it gets stuck. A slight rotation of my strong hand in my grip along with a couple thousand dry fire drills did the trick.

I am not sure I understand the question, are you referring to the 4 lb. pull weight Dave S. likes compared to a factory pull weight?

"Smooth is Faster"
Old 07-04-2010, 11:56   #11
Scouse

Quote:
Scouse,

Thanks for the suggestion. When I said stick, I didn't mean it gets stuck. A slight rotation of my strong hand in my grip along with a couple thousand dry fire drills did the trick.

I am not sure I understand the question, are you referring to the 4 lb. pull weight Dave S. likes compared to a factory pull weight?
Yes Sir,

Correct.
Old 07-04-2010, 19:44   #12
Glocktrigger
GT Sponsor

Scouse,

I spoke with Dave S. at Shot Show earlier this year. He does like about a 4 lb. Trigger and uses a 14 lb. Wolff recoil spring. Dave S. Is at the very top of the game. I actually like my trigger a little lighter than 4. It is about shooting in competition, that is why people modify their Glocks all different ways.

What competition are you shooting Scouse?

"Smooth is Faster"
Old 07-04-2010, 20:28   #13
Scouse

Quote:
Scouse,

I spoke with Dave S. at Shot Show earlier this year. He does like about a 4 lb. Trigger and uses a 14 lb. Wolff recoil spring. Dave S. Is at the very top of the game. I actually like my trigger a little lighter than 4. It is about shooting in competition, that is why people modify their Glocks all different ways.

What competition are you shooting Scouse?
Hi,

I shoot IDPA, SSP SS and at 74 YOA, do OK.

But the same pistol on belt for IDPA, goes further, CCW, and a G licensed Security Officer. Clean factory trigger works, but a little less poundage would maybe be better for those very accuracy required shots, from any one of the 3 environments, I have just mentioned.

For instance our steel stage was only a fun stage at todays match, so had a separate part re scoring.

Hits by me at 25 yards on 6" plates, with gaps between large pepper poppers.
One shot, one hit, mind you I spent 30 years plus shooting bullseye matches.

So, how light before it is too light when mixed with adrenalin?

To hard a question, no real answer, Aye?
Old 07-04-2010, 20:51   #14
Glocktrigger
GT Sponsor

I never confuse my competition guns with conceal carry guns. Different guns for different uses. Same with triggers. Some like to shoot their factory triggers in IDPA for defensive practice. Some like to shoot 2lb. Triggers in ESP and dump rounds and care only about the competition. I shoot IDPA also ESP / EX and SSP /EX and will soon shoot a classifier in CDP. I also am an SO which helped me understand IDPA much better.

Keep on shooting, it will keep young.

"Smooth is Faster"
Old 09-11-2010, 19:49   #15
JBP55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedg View Post
The standard Glock trigger pinches my shooting finger. My finger seems to catch in the groove of the trigger safety bar and the trigger.

My question is are there any modified triggers to address my problem??

I like Glock's except for the trigger pinching which I can not tolerate.

Thanks

jedg
Trim the trigger safety until it is flush with the trigger shoe when depressed and it feels much better.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote