Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:21   #1
CometPx4

Glock 20SF with 6inch barrel

I have my 20SF all set up with my lone wolf steel guide rod and Glock factory 6inch barrel. This morning i put 80 silvertips through it and a box of blazers. Didn't have time to chrono anything but the longer barrel seemed to tame the hell out of the recoil. Hits on the 12" steel gong at 100 yards were easy, and that thing really swung on a hit. Flawless functioning.

I love this pistol. I will post pics as soon as i can.

P.S. to the board member who asked about whether its time to get out of the 10mm i say don't- its a versatile high powered and accurate round.
CometPx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 15:07   #2
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometPx4 View Post
I have my 20SF all set up with my lone wolf steel guide rod and Glock factory 6inch barrel. This morning i put 80 silvertips through it and a box of blazers. Didn't have time to chrono anything but the longer barrel seemed to tame the hell out of the recoil. Hits on the 12" steel gong at 100 yards were easy, and that thing really swung on a hit. Flawless functioning.

I love this pistol. I will post pics as soon as i can.

P.S. to the board member who asked about whether its time to get out of the 10mm i say don't- its a versatile high powered and accurate round.
I have a 6 inch Glock Barrel and it is awesome in either the 20sf or the standard frame G20. the 1.5 inches add more ft/sec and are more accurate than the 4.6 inch barrel. Not that the 4.6 leaves anything to be desired. I just traded my G29 for a G29sf on Saturday and am looking forward to firing that bad boy soon. The sf's feel so much better in my hand and I feel that they are more controllable with full house ammo.
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 15:18   #3
aptrpl6
Detached Member

I'm about to purchase a 6 inch barrel also. I'm kinda torn between factory or aftermarket.

Carolina Glockers 13666
aptrpl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 18:36   #4
SAWMAN

Reload ??

If you do not plan to reload the brass...I say FACTORY. I have used a Glock OEM 6 incher in my G20 to kill some of the larger sized hogs in NW Flah-Dah. Shoots great especially with DT's 200gr WFNGC's.
Old 07-08-2010, 18:50   #5
aptrpl6
Detached Member

No reloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
If you do not plan to reload the brass...I say FACTORY. I have used a Glock OEM 6 incher in my G20 to kill some of the larger sized hogs in NW Flah-Dah. Shoots great especially with DT's 200gr WFNGC's.
I don't reload and if you're getting accuracy with hard cast, you just made the decision for me!

Carolina Glockers 13666
aptrpl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 20:43   #6
srt-4_jon

I would say aftermarket even though you dont reload. That way you can either sell the brass to those that do or save it for the future when you will reload. When I started shooting, I had no plans of reloading. Less than a year later, I load 2 different calibers and bought dies to reload 2 more.
srt-4_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:42   #7
SAWMAN

Add On's

My 20 has several add ons that make it more into a hunting handgun,which it was expressly bought for.

Among those is a set of TruGlo,TFO's(green,green). Also a super $.25 trigger job was done on it using a Dremmel,small felt. wheel,and some polishing compound,and a 3.5# connector. My trigger pull weight is down to 4lbs 1oz. The extra length of the bbl does seem to dampen the effects of recoil a little. Especially muzzle rise(whip).

From bench and bag, my 20 will shoot into a 2" ragged hole at 15yds. This,with the 200gr WFNGC's mentioned in my above.