SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-14-2010, 13:45   #1
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

GA Governor's race

Alright Georgians, who are you guys liking for the upcoming Governor's race?

2nd Amendment Stance as stated on their websites:

Quote:
Karen Handel
Karen is a strong supporter of individual citizens’ right to keep and bear arms. She was born into a family of sportsmen and first fired a gun when she was eight years old. Karen opposes the re-imposition of the so-called “assault weapons ban,” which essentially seeks to ban rifles used for hunting and sport shooting as well as handguns used recreationally or for legitimate self defense. Karen understands that actual assault weapons are already banned by the 1968 Gun Control Act and that new bans are an attempt to deceive voters into believing that automatic weapons are currently legal. She supports the right of law abiding citizens to carry a concealed weapon and believes that obtaining a carry permit should not be made so onerous as to become a de facto ban on such permits
Quote:
John Oxendine
The right to bear arms is one of the most fundamental freedoms afforded to law-abiding citizens in our country. The 2nd Amendment ensures that citizens have the ability to protect themselves and stand up against tyranny. I pledge to firmly defend this right for all Georgians.
I am proud to tout my life memberships with the National Rifle Association and GeorgiaCarry.org , along with my memberships with the Georgia Sports Shooting Association and Gun Owners of America – I will carry the values of these fine organizations with me as your Governor.
Please see Point Nine of my Contract with Georgia for more details
Quote:
Roy Barnes
No mention of the 2nd Amendment on his official website
Quote:
Thurbert Baker
No mention of the 2nd Amendment on his official website BUT his voting record has been mostly friendly to the 2nd Amendment. The NRA gave Baker an A+ as well. http://peanutpolitics-keith.blogspot.com/2009/12/thurbert-baker-staunch-support-of-gun.html
Anyone know how Barnes and Baker felt about SB308? That should tell us all we need to know from a 2A standpoint.

Last edited by frank_drebin; 07-14-2010 at 13:50..
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 21:19   #2
W4CNG

Send a message via AIM to W4CNG
I am for Handel as the other top 3 candidates have issues as reported on CH2 in Atlanta and in her brochures. Insider advantage said the boys must duke it out between them before taking on her. They are trying to trash the front runner. She has the smarts and background to do the job. Barnes is just another Tax and Spend Democrat that was sent home after one term that will support the OBAMA cause he does not say he is against him. The Barnes Commercials say I will do this and that, but the Senate and House have to pass it to go to him, and they are Republican Ruled. Nuff Said.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
W4CNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:18   #3
Adam5

IMO, Handel is weak on the second amendment. While she may not be anti carry, she definately isn't very pro carry. She will not support campus carry or loosening the list of of limits places much more.

She also needs to drop her "I'm holier than thou" attitude. She refuse to share a stage with McBerry or debate him on the issues. As Giv, will she refuse to deal with other officials because they were accused of wrong doing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Adam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:50   #4
thooks

As I read through this thread, it is very clear that America will continue to decline. Those of you who have posted in this thread who are trying to decide between Handel and Oxendine are the majority of the problem that is the contributing factor to the decline.

You're just like everyone else who fails and refuses to research the candidates.

There's what, 12+ people running for governor in GA and we'll end up with the worst choices come November. Why? Because the idiots who go to the polls who pull the lever for the persons who had the most signs out and who were on the newscast the most.

As far as me, I'd love to vote for Chapman or Johnson, but their poll numbers are terrible, mainly because the idiots who've the media has polled "didn't know who they were". Hell, that's a GOOD thing. They only know Handel, Oxendine and a little of Deal.

I guess I'm voting for Deal. I can't stomach having to vote for Barnes because Handel or Oxendine won the Pub nomination.

At any rate, we're screwed.
thooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:38   #5
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by thooks View Post
As I read through this thread, it is very clear that America will continue to decline.
---------------
I agree with the two comments above (only). Generally, the only choice for the country in general is 'fast or faster' decline.

In GA., I think we don't have good gun laws that will not be changed in the near future.

The key issue for selecting a GA. Gov. should be which one will get the state finances in shape so the state can deal with the financial challenges to come. I live in Cobb, and they it is a well run county. They recently lowered the assessment on my home and I hopefully will be paying lower real estate taxes because of it.
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:03   #6
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by thooks View Post
As I read through this thread, it is very clear that America will continue to decline. Those of you who have posted in this thread who are trying to decide between Handel and Oxendine are the majority of the problem that is the contributing factor to the decline.

You're just like everyone else who fails and refuses to research the candidates.

There's what, 12+ people running for governor in GA and we'll end up with the worst choices come November. Why? Because the idiots who go to the polls who pull the lever for the persons who had the most signs out and who were on the newscast the most.

As far as me, I'd love to vote for Chapman or Johnson, but their poll numbers are terrible, mainly because the idiots who've the media has polled "didn't know who they were". Hell, that's a GOOD thing. They only know Handel, Oxendine and a little of Deal.

I guess I'm voting for Deal. I can't stomach having to vote for Barnes because Handel or Oxendine won the Pub nomination.

So you're saying that anyone who is looking at Handel or Oxendine is ignorant? Sounds to me like you are just pissed because your candidate can't get enough votes to make it in the primary.
Old 07-19-2010, 14:54   #7
thooks

Uh, No I don't think so, Frank.

I don't have "a candidate". This ain't about "my guy" and "your guy"...

This is about the stupid American voter. They pay no attention to what needs attention. All they see is a sign on the road and a commercial on TV.

So what you're saying is that this country has improved greatly over the last 60 years by electing the most popular candidate and not the one who will not bow down to corruption?

Yeah, we've come a long way in the last 12-15, for sure.
thooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 22:58   #8
buckhunter3987

THE problem with our political system is the party system, how many of you have picked "your guy" to steal from Mr. Hooks, and have been running any and all other candidates in to the ground with talk of what is wrong with them, but will then vote for that person in November because they won the primary for "your party".

The fact of the matter is Parties are in business to remain in control over the business that is Government. Business is usually a good thing, but in this case it is horrible. Parties are what run this country and get things done, notice how the Republicans have changed their agenda all across the country. Three years ago you would have never heard a politician at the federal level mention States Rights, save Ron Paul. All the Republicans threw him under the bus as some crazy right winger during the presidential primaries. Now that same party is shouting States Rights left and right.

The problem lies with the lack of choice, I am only 26 so I haven't been voting but for 8 years. I can tell you I am tired of going to the polls and picking the lesser of two evils. Now if I am fed up after 8 years where the hell have you older generations been?

Georgia in particular is one of the most party happy states in that it is next to impossible for a third party/independent candidate to even get on the ballot. Its so ludicrous that if you aren't a dem/repub you have to pay more money. WTF over. We have allowed these parties too much control over our government, and us. The parties are not elected, they are a private entity, yet we have handed them our freedom.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:28   #9
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

I must admit, I am shocked yet pleased that Deal will be the Republican nominee. I voted for him in the primary yesterday thinking that he didn't stand a real chance. What are his chances against Barnes in November?