Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:57   #1
CBumpkin

Question on first 1000 imports.

I've seen this mentioned a couple times, so it must have some significance to Glock collectors. Is it possible to tell from the serial number if you have one of those precious first 1000 Gen1 G17's? It's doubtful mine falls into that catagory, but it's over twenty years old so I thought it might be wise to check. (DC642)
CBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38   #2
CBumpkin

I'll call Glock today and see if they can shed any light, just curious.
Thanks anyway!
Old 09-01-2010, 21:30   #3
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

IIRC, the first serial number prefix of Glocks that was shipped into the US was "AF," but this is going off memory...

I doubt Glock will know or tell you. They are NOT a collector-oriented company. I believe the Glock Serial Number Research Thread over in the "Valuable Info" Forum has the first ones imported annotated. You could take a gander over there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:18   #4
CBumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
IIRC, the first serial number prefix of Glocks that was shipped into the US was "AF," but this is going off memory...

I doubt Glock will know or tell you. They are NOT a collector-oriented company. I believe the Glock Serial Number Research Thread over in the "Valuable Info" Forum has the first ones imported annotated. You could take a gander over there.
Thanks, I'll take a peak over there. I got busy yesterday and didn't call Glock, but I bet you're right in that regard.
Old 09-24-2010, 21:50   #5
G19Tony
CLM Number 3
Sneet

I called Glock to check the import date of my 1st Gen G17. The told me right away.

The guy I talked to said " You have an earlier one then me dammit".

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it.

"What's the point of living the majority of your life preparing for that last little bit?"

Last edited by G19Tony; 09-24-2010 at 21:51..
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote