Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 15:12   #1
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
So Silver is over $24/oz....

So for the 3rd or 4th straight week in a row Silver once again has went up ANOTHER point/dollar per ounce. What in the hell is going on here that it's going up that much every WEEK!?!?!

I know our economy is going to hell in a hand basket but it seems like something made the process speed up. So what's happened/happening to cause such a thing to happen? I'm looking for specifics...not just the typical..."we can't sustain things as they currently are".

Thanks!

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 15:17   #2
SilverCity
Senior Member
 
SilverCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Old West
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
So for the 3rd or 4th straight week in a row Silver once again has went up ANOTHER point/dollar per ounce. What in the hell is going on here that it's going up that much every WEEK!?!?!

I know our economy is going to hell in a hand basket but it seems like something made the process speed up. So what's happened/happening to cause such a thing to happen? I'm looking for specifics...not just the typical..."we can't sustain things as they currently are".

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Check the markets. Dollar down. Gold at all time high. Silver is following suit. Both act inversely to the dollar. Oh, and we are on the verge of a currency war...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Not complicated.

SC

Last edited by SilverCity; 10-13-2010 at 15:27..
SilverCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 15:23   #3
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCity View Post
Check the markets. Dollar down. Gold at all time high. Silver is following suit. Both act inversely to the dollar. Not complicated.
But are you saying that there's no real (specific) reason for the recent rise in relation to the dollar?

Your market example might work on the whole/overall but my stocks are actually consistently going up in value...not down.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 15:31   #4
SilverCity
Senior Member
 
SilverCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Old West
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
But are you saying that there's no real (specific) reason for the recent rise in relation to the dollar?

Your market example might work on the whole/overall but my stocks are actually consistently going up in value...not down.

-Emt1581

Your stocks are going up because the Federal Reserve is pumping money into the market to prop it up prior to the elections. This happens around every election. Think of it as a "false flag" to distract the public from the disaster that is about to hit the U.S....the crash of the economy, the real estate market, and U.S. banking system.

Just wait until after the elections...

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/1...spreads-to-49/

Okay, now it's getting complicated.

SC

Last edited by SilverCity; 10-13-2010 at 15:43..
SilverCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 15:41   #5
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCity View Post
Your stocks are going up because the Federal Reserve is pumping money into the market to prop it up prior to the elections. This happens around every election. Think of it as a "false flag" to distract the public from the disaster that is about to hit the U.S....the crash of the economy, the real estate market, and U.S. banking system.

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/1...spreads-to-49/

Okay, now it's getting complicated.

SC
But you just said the markets are down...so how does that play into the whole...stocks going up due to money pumping idea?

Complicated or not...seems like the reasons you mentioned are the currency war and the markets. Right?

Thanks!

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 15:45   #6
SilverCity
Senior Member
 
SilverCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Old West
Posts: 506
Where did I say the stock market was down? I said the DOLLAR is down.

http://www.kitco.com/market/


SC

Last edited by SilverCity; 10-13-2010 at 15:55..
SilverCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 21:56   #7
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn
 
Dennis in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 56,018
Buy vintage playboys. Every post-SHTF swinging-D will need em.


. . . fed pumps up the market before an election. That's a new one on me.
__________________
The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 22:19   #8
SilverCity
Senior Member
 
SilverCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Old West
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Buy vintage playboys. Every post-SHTF swinging-D will need em.


. . . fed pumps up the market before an election. That's a new one on me.

Pay attention, Dennis.

Don't believe the markets are rigged by our own government?

Executive Order 12631 signed by Ronald Reagan in 1988. The "President's Working Group On Financial Markets". We know them as the "Plunge Protection Team". Guess who is on that team: The Secretary of the Treasury, the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, The Chairman of the Security and Exchange Commission, and the Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

And what do you think it is they do?

In this crucial upcoming election, TPTB can see the writing on the wall and I bet they are pulling out all the stops to keep this market solvent...at least until after the elections.

SC

Last edited by SilverCity; 11-23-2011 at 19:37..
SilverCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 16:05   #9
Big Bird
NRA Life Member
 
Big Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCity View Post
Pay attention, Dennis.

Don't believe the markets are rigged by our own government?

Executive Order 12631 signed by Ronald Reagan in 1988. The "President's Working Group On Financial Markets". We know them as the "Plunge Protection Team". Guess who is on that team: The Secretary of the Treasury, the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, The Chairman of the Security and Exchange Commission, and the Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

And what do you think it is they do?

In this crucial upcoming election, TPTB can see the writing on the wall and I bet they are pulling out all the stops to keep this market solvent...at least until after the elections.

SC
You used a chart that election Years outperform average years since 1900 as proof that the "Plunge Protection Team" started by President Reagan's Executive Order in 1988 manipulates markets?

Can I give you a hint? 1988 was the last year of Reagan's second term. Even if he could have maipulated markets with his working group he couldn't run for a third term... So what was his motive?
__________________
Big Bird,

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 16:38   #10
SilverCity
Senior Member
 
SilverCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Old West
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
You used a chart that election Years outperform average years since 1900 as proof that the "Plunge Protection Team" started by President Reagan's Executive Order in 1988 manipulates markets?

Can I give you a hint? 1988 was the last year of Reagan's second term. Even if he could have maipulated markets with his working group he couldn't run for a third term... So what was his motive?
His handlers made him sign it. They knew his judgement was affected by his Alzheimers disease, and simply waited for an opportune moment.

Source: Bob Chapman

http://theinternationalforecaster.com/

http://bobchapman.blogspot.com/

Bob was his neighbor in Malibu, and was a close, personal friend. When Bob asked Ron why he appointed all those CFR folks to key cabinet positions, his response was, "They'd kill me if I didn't. They are the ones who got me elected".

What were his handlers motives? Your guess is as good as any...

Control of the markets, maybe?

By the way, this behind-the-scenes control of US presidents has been going on for at least 100 years. Research the Banking Act of 1913, which established the Federal Reserve. What did they have on "Woody" Wilson to make him sign that bill? A dalliance with a young coed when he was President of Princeton University.

When asked by a reporter why he signed the Emergency Banking Act of 1933, which closed banks and outlawed gold ownership, FDR said candidly, "That's what I was told to do."

Read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin; watch "The Money Masters" DVD and get an education about the international banking cartel's role in geopolitics over the last 200 years, for starters.

Then, maybe we can talk.

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”
- Henry Ford




SC
__________________
Instructor, Armorer, Firearms Enthusiast for over 55 years.

Last edited by SilverCity; 10-15-2010 at 21:08..
SilverCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 17:00   #11
VBG23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Can I give you a hint? 1988 was the last year of Reagan's second term. Even if he could have maipulated markets with his working group he couldn't run for a third term... So what was his motive?
Is this a serious question given the current midterms? If the markets tank during an election year, whatever party is in power has a tendency to lose. It isn't Reagan or Carter or Obama or Bush, it is the Democratic party or the Republican party and whichever party the buisness world thinks will be beneficial.

A rising market is not a guaranteed win, but a sinking market is a huge weight around the neck of whatever political party lays claim to the guy in office.
__________________
"Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.
VBG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 20:25   #12
Big Bird
NRA Life Member
 
Big Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBG23 View Post
Is this a serious question given the current midterms? If the markets tank during an election year, whatever party is in power has a tendency to lose. It isn't Reagan or Carter or Obama or Bush, it is the Democratic party or the Republican party and whichever party the buisness world thinks will be beneficial.

A rising market is not a guaranteed win, but a sinking market is a huge weight around the neck of whatever political party lays claim to the guy in office.
OK then...well I guess they Democrats really screwed the pooch this go-round because they really haven't done very well in terms of manipulating the markets.

I mean seriously? If they can do it...why not do it all the time? Why not create perpetual prosperity? Why would any political party in power EVER let something like a Recession, Market down turn, Depression EVER happen? People would gladly vote in a party that could produce perpetual prosperity. So if they control the markets it begs the question...

Exactly HOW does the government prop up the stock market? Where do all these buy orders come from? Who holds the stock? After all major shareholders in public corporations are public record?
__________________
Big Bird,

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 17:45   #13
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn
 
Dennis in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 56,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBG23 View Post
Who said specifically the government controls the stock market?
THIS GUY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCity View Post
Pay attention, Dennis.

Don't believe the markets are rigged by our own government?
__________________
The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 16:48   #14
1 old 0311
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post


. . . fed pumps up the market before an election. That's a new one on me.

Don't know about the Fed but the Saudi's have dropped oil prices prior to every Presidential election since Nixon.
1 old 0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 23:21   #15
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 28,796
Blog Entries: 1


tagged.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:07   #16
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Holy crap!! Government doing or not...now it's kissing 25!!! In less than 12 hours since it hit 24!! What in hell's bathroom is going on here?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:48   #17
VBG23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
Holy crap!! Government doing or not...now it's kissing 25!!! In less than 12 hours since it hit 24!! What in hell's bathroom is going on here?

-Emt1581
I just told you...
__________________
"Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.
VBG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:58   #18
Big Bird
NRA Life Member
 
Big Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,774
Does the Federal Reserve do its trading online through Scwab or Ameritrade or do they use a broker?

Where are the securities held?
__________________
Big Bird,

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 19:07   #19
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn
 
Dennis in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 56,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Does the Federal Reserve do its trading online through Scwab or Ameritrade or do they use a broker?

Where are the securities held?
Now yer just poking them with a sharp stick.


Question for the masses: If the government controls the stock market, why did it go from 1525 to 677 in less than 2 years???? Or is it like the DMV - they are only in control when it's for evil. When they are inept, it doesn't count?

It's puff puff PASS, dewds.


And boy do I wish I had bot some silver at $9 - just to sell it to people now. Making near a triple on my $ would have been cool. I'm only up 35% or so on my BP.
__________________
The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 19:37   #20
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
And boy do I wish I had bot some silver at $9 - just to sell it to people now. Making near a triple on my $ would have been cool. I'm only up 35% or so on my BP.
Tell me about it! I wanted to buy Silver when it was just over $10. My broker told me it was a bad idea. I'm just glad I went against what he said and bought when it was at $16-$18! It's not like I'm going to retire on the money I made...but at least if/when our USD becomes worthless, I'll have enough to buy some stuff.

Something I realized today. I've seen people over on a silver forum getting all tickled pink that their silver is shooting up in price. And I suppose if you have a few hundred pounds of it you can live quite comfortably. But the more USD's an ounce costs, the less the USD is worth. The value of PM's pretty much remain constant. But in the grand scheme of things, screw the few extra bucks silver holders are making, I'm thinking things are about to get UGLY!

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:56.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,062
267 Members
795 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31