SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:23   #1
circus

I finally got my pistol license.

Hello All,

I finally got my pistol license in Suffolk, i took my interview on 3/17 and got the license 12/9! The following day i went out and purchased my very first handgun a Glock 19 Gen 4. I had a long to to think and research about it and the Glock 19 made sense to me as a perfect introduction pistol (maybe just a perfect pistol) i took it to the range yesterday to try her out and luckily one of my NYPD buddies was there and he also had his Glock 19 Gen 3 issue Glock (w/ the 10lb trigger spring) On the first 5 shots every round got stuck on the way out. My friend was concerned that it may have been my PMC 115gr rounds so he tried them in his 19 and they worked flawlessly. i only had the PMC rds at the time so i continued to fire them through my new Glock, 5 of every 15 would get jammed. After 50 rds though i had no more failures and continued to fire another 100rds flawlessly. I wanted to ask the experts (since i am new to handguns) what you guys thinks was happening. I know there is good chance i may have been "limp wristing" since i have only fired few handguns prior to my experience and then corrected my grip later on in the day, but my NYPD friend was getting the same jams being comfortable with the Glock. Or do you think maybe being a new pistol it just has to get its parts moving to operate smoothly? Or could it be a "Gen 4" problem? i didn't oil the pistol before firing, i went over everything with a brush to make sure it was clean. Just trying to give as much info as possible i look forward to hearing some of your input.
circus is offline   Reply With Quote