Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-04-2010, 22:27   #1
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

I carry a G19c, would you carry a compinsated model???

I carry a G19c. I was browsing google and ran into some other forums. They didnt reccomend carrying the compensated model due to the flash of the muzzle and slide. I really don't feel it's a issue IMO. What do you guys think??
Old 10-04-2010, 22:30   #2
AZ Husker

I carry a G32C. The stories about blinding flash and burned flesh are hugely overblown.
Old 10-04-2010, 22:34   #3
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
I carry a G32C. The stories about blinding flash and burned flesh are hugely overblown.
I agree!! IMO the flash only lasts for a second!! It's not like it sticks around for minutes and you can't re sight and shoot your next round.
Old 10-05-2010, 00:38   #4
DJ Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
This. ^

The flash can be completely neutralized by careful ammo selection (most premium defensive loads flash very little, if any). Training can minimize the remote possibility of injury problems caused by the ports, just as knowledgeable defensive revolver shooters have dealt with magnum barrel/cylinder gap blast effects for decades.

I own a G17C and G19C, and have carried both at various times.

Old 10-04-2010, 22:42   #5
Doc Holliday
CLM Number 24
Charter Lifetime Member

No I would not carry a compensated model.

I want everything going out the front of the gun, not out the top and possibly bounced back towards me. (bullet shavings, hot gases and gunpowder)

"As for me and my house, we will continue to use the 2nd Gen Glocks"

This invisible text is also brought to you by SKYY Vodka.
Old 10-04-2010, 23:04   #6
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
No I would not carry a compensated model.

I want everything going out the front of the gun, not out the top and possibly bounced back towards me. (bullet shavings, hot gases and gunpowder)

Really, huh. I shot my G19c yesterday and didn't have any issues with bullet shavings, hot gases or gunpowder!!
Old 10-05-2010, 00:17   #7
RON in PA

While I don't currently own a G19C, when I did I compared it to a 38 special revolver in low lighting conditions. Guess what, the revolver had more flash coming from the barrel-cylinder gap than the flash coming from the G19's port. This is highly over-rated IMHO.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:13   #8
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON in PA View Post
While I don't currently own a G19C, when I did I compared it to a 38 special revolver in low lighting conditions. Guess what, the revolver had more flash coming from the barrel-cylinder gap than the flash coming from the G19's port. This is highly over-rated IMHO.
Thanks for sharing your comparison. I agree it's overated, I just thought it was kinda funny what some of the crazy stuff people were saying on other forums and wanted to see gt's take on it.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:13   #9
Doc Holliday
CLM Number 24
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tactical_aj88 View Post
Really, huh. I shot my G19c yesterday and didn't have any issues with bullet shavings, hot gases or gunpowder!!
Well, good for you.

I don't even want the CHANCE of that happening, if I have to use the gun in a SD situation.

As I said, I prefer everything go out the front, away from me and towards the bad guy.

"As for me and my house, we will continue to use the 2nd Gen Glocks"

This invisible text is also brought to you by SKYY Vodka.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:53   #10
TedG
Infidel USA

Quote:
Well, good for you.

I don't even want the CHANCE of that happening, if I have to use the gun in a SD situation.

As I said, I prefer everything go out the front, away from me and towards the bad guy.

Become an Organ Donor today:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Save as many as 50 lives. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:01   #11
infiniti0505

Quote:
Well, good for you.

I wear my sunglasses at night, so Im good
The SHOT ShowCase
With every breath, we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-05-2010, 13:29   #12
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Well, good for you.

right on, to each his own.
Old 10-05-2010, 00:57   #13
sigchaser723

The difference is that a revovolver has flash comming from the cylinder gap while the c models have it comming from the top of your weapon along the same plane as your sights. Under low light this could potentially deminish your night vision and lead to a problem aquiring a proper sights picture after the first round. I don't want to carry a c model for that reason and one other which is I don't see the point esspecially with a 9mm it just seems pointless but if it works for you then go for it.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:40   #14
old wanderer

I heard nothing but doom and gloom about tanking my 20c to Front Sight for a 4 day class that included night shooting.

Other than a few students that tried to go through the class with foam ear plugs and got next to me, the gun ran through almost 700 rounds without a hicup, and was really fast on follow up double taps. My next in line students with the foam plugs complained about the noise. but they could move away.

I could see the little fire jets coming up an inch or so during the night shoot, but running the AcroAir Ghost Ring tritium sights, I had no problem picking up my front sight for a 2 or 3 shot.

Don;'t have a 9mm so cannot comment on shooting the compensated model, but have shot a lot of 10mm and 40Sw in the compensated barrel and especially with the 10mm my 2nd shot is less than .3 seconds after the 1st with the compensator. With the non-compensated barrel it is over .5 seconds so almost twice as long.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:57   #15
JohnHoliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigchaser723 View Post
The difference is that a revovolver has flash comming from the cylinder gap while the c models have it comming from the top of your weapon along the same plane as your sights. Under low light this could potentially deminish your night vision and lead to a problem aquiring a proper sights picture after the first round. I don't want to carry a c model for that reason and one other which is I don't see the point esspecially with a 9mm it just seems pointless but if it works for you then go for it.

another person that hasn't shot a C model before, just regurgitating info he/she heard on the internet.

I've shot a C model in the night, is it no worse then shooting a regular model.

99% of the people that talk bad about the C models on here have never shot one, so take what you hear for what its worth.
Old 10-05-2010, 21:34   #16
sigchaser723

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHoliday View Post
another person that hasn't shot a C model before, just regurgitating info he/she heard on the internet.

I've shot a C model in the night, is it no worse then shooting a regular model.

99% of the people that talk bad about the C models on here have never shot one, so take what you hear for what its worth.
Let me give you a momment to remove your foot from your mouth. Nowhere in my post do I say I have never shot a c model in fact I have shot a couple most notably the 23c which I tried in a low light senario the weapon belonged to a friend who was kind enough to allow me to try it since I was thinking about buying one. The senario was at an indoor range with most of the lights off to simulate a night shoot not ideal but not horrible since its all we had. I fired 165gr gold dots and frankly to me the sights were harder to aquire after the flash from the port but once again that's me I told the op if it worked for him then to go for it. Additionally I have fired several other ported guns both semi and revolvers and while they would work well in a comp I just didn't like the idea of carrying them. Frankly you seem to be in the catagory of people who feel they become psycic when their fingers touch the keyboard
Old 10-05-2010, 21:40   #17
sigchaser723

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigchaser723 View Post
Let me give you a momment to remove your foot from your mouth. Nowhere in my post do I say I have never shot a c model in fact I have shot a couple most notably the 23c which I tried in a low light senario the weapon belonged to a friend who was kind enough to allow me to try it since I was thinking about buying one. The senario was at an indoor range with most of the lights off to simulate a night shoot not ideal but not horrible since its all we had. I fired 165gr gold dots and frankly to me the sights were harder to aquire after the flash from the port but once again that's me I told the op if it worked for him then to go for it. Additionally I have fired several other ported guns both semi and revolvers and while they would work well in a comp I just didn't like the idea of carrying them. Frankly you seem to be in the catagory of people who feel they become psycic when their fingers touch the keyboard
If that came across as abrasive then I apologize but frankly I for one am sick of people who don't know me making judgment calls over a forum. If you don't agree with something I say that's cool to each their own just because something works for me doesn't mean it will for you and the same holds truebthe other way too. If you want to question somthin I post go ahead I am not the type to get pisses about that just man up and ask instead of being childish and assuming you know all. Rant complete thankyou for your time
Old 10-05-2010, 03:21   #18
ede
Bama's Friend

no i wouldn't carry one. i don't like them. my worry would be more about dirt and debris getting in the openings than flash or noise.
PM Black Diamond 538 F&AM
Bamatrooper taught Chuck Norris how to shoot.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:22   #19
Larry V

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
Theirs no need for a compensated model 19!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:57   #20
D.S.Brown

Yes! At some point I will own a G23C. I've shot them before in lowlight, and amazingly was not blinded the "flash." The only time I noticed it was when I was actively concentrating on looking for it, as opposed to focussing on my front sight.

I've shot 4" .357 magnum revolvers with quality ammo during daylight hours. The FIREBALL that emanated from the cylinder gap, and the front of the barrel was HUGE and quite noticeable! No I wasn't blinded then either, but I have to wonder what it may have been like in a lowlight scenario.

Best,

Dave