Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-16-2011, 17:05   #1
Kahr Fan!

Need Help selecting a new scope

I just purchased a brand new Remington 700 in 223 sps tactical and now have to decide on optics. The guns sole purpose is to be used on groundhogs and coyotes. I live in central PA so the majority of my shots will be between 100-400 yards. I have narrowed my selection down to two choices but would be open to other options. The scopes under review are Leupolds, the first being a 6.5-20x by 50mm and sides focus adjustment and 30mm tube diameter. The second choice is a 8-25x by 50mm and a side focus and 30mm tube diameter. So the major difference between the two is the magnification range, the price difference is less than 100$ so itís a mute point to me. So basically which one would you select and why, or would you go with another scope and why. I look forward to hearing from the experts.
Kahr Fan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 13:49   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

I would recommend the one with less magnification. Really, I wrote my best optics advice in the articles that are tacked. For prairie dog shooting, a lot of shots are taken without adjusting the elevation knob, so having a FFP reticle is helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote