Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:55   #1
ronduke

States Rebel Over Deportations.

"Isaura Garcia of Los Angeles said she dialed 911 to report domestic abuse by her partner in February. When police entered her fingerprints in the database linked to ICE, the system determined she was in the U.S. illegally. Though she had no criminal record, she landed in deportation proceedings."

This doesn't make any sense. I have never fingerprinted a witness or an R/P. I am guessing that the R/P was arrested for some type of offense, and then those prints were submitted.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._WSJ_US_News_3
ronduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:32   #2
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

If she had a print hit that "determined she was in the U.S. illegally" that can only mean she was previously deported, and was already in the ICE system.

It's not common to run victims and witnesses, but it's not unheard of either. Something obviously tipped the cops off that they needed to check her out.
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Last edited by txleapd; 05-22-2011 at 12:32..
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:47   #3
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

So whats the beef? she goes back to mexico, he partner stays here. domestic violence problem solved!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:48   #4
GackMan

I will run victims through NCIC... As much for officer safety as to just have their info in my call so I can look it up later. But never took anyone's fingerprints.

Did the NCIC hit say "previously deported felon?" so the cops started to ask questions?

Last edited by GackMan; 05-22-2011 at 12:48..
GackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:25   #5
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

" In God we trust",

everyone else we check for warrants.

Old 05-22-2011, 14:28   #6
blueiron

The poor victim isn't so innocent, eh?

There are the true victims and there are those who didn't get their way while gaming the system.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 23:29   #7
trdvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
The poor victim isn't so innocent, eh?

There are the true victims and there are those who didn't get their way while gaming the system.
Yep

Had a lady refuse to write a statement and walked out the station once I told her I would have to talk to the other party (husband) about the domestic abuse she was claiming 2 days after the fact.
Disclaimer: The opinions given DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. By viewing this post you agree to indemnify myself and my employing agency and hold them harmless from all claims and damages.
trdvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 14:37   #8
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Back in the '80s I ran into a number of illegals when on duty.

In EVERY case Immigration refused to take them.

I thought if you were in this country illegally, then you were already committing a crime. Now, you just stay hidden long enough and you get citizenship.

I wonder what other country treats illegal immigrants so well?

Not Iran, N. Korea, China, Mexico, ...........
Old 05-22-2011, 14:43   #9
rudeboy3

What they failed to mention was that "victim" was ARRESTED on suspicion of domestic violence and was booked as I understand it.
rudeboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 18:10   #10
GackMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy3 View Post
What they failed to mention was that "victim" was ARRESTED on suspicion of domestic violence and was booked as I understand it.
Well then... I suppose that's a pretty good reason to run someone's prints through AFIS.
Old 05-22-2011, 20:39   #11
Straight Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronduke View Post
"Isaura Garcia of Los Angeles said she dialed 911 to report domestic abuse by her partner in February. When police entered her fingerprints in the database linked to ICE, the system determined she was in the U.S. illegally. Though she had no criminal record, she landed in deportation proceedings."

This doesn't make any sense. I have never fingerprinted a witness or an R/P. I am guessing that the R/P was arrested for some type of offense, and then those prints were submitted.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._WSJ_US_News_3
Be quiet. You're liable to get the GNG crownd's attention and the next thing you know they'll be whining about how her constitutional rights were violated and how all cops suck.
Old 05-22-2011, 23:35   #12
Mister_Beefy
Legal & Proper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Pipe View Post
Be quiet. You're liable to get the GNG crownd's attention and the next thing you know they'll be whining about how her constitutional rights were violated and how all cops suck.
you're learning!

HAHA posted in coptalk, the holy of holies.

check that off my list... ok. now I never have to come back, thank God.

Last edited by Mister_Beefy; 05-22-2011 at 23:36..
Mister_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 23:24   #13
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

When Secure Communities was rolled out ICE said that the response would prioritize threats to national security and public safety. NOWHERE did anyone say that low-priority illegal aliens that were encountered through the use of this program would be ignored or get a free-pass.

For the states and agencies that are all upset about it there's a real simple solution: Don't submit fingerprints to IAFIS. Problem solved.

Quote:
Another 29, 296 of the deportees hadn't been convicted of any crime, however.
The moment ICE puts a detainer on most of these crooks, the local DA "No Complaints" the case and they get turned over to ICE (without a conviction necessary to guarantee deportation) which means they tie up resources going to a hearing before an Immigration Judge even if the arrest that brought them to ICE's attention is a serious felony.

Quote:
Last week, San Francisco Sheriff Michael Hennessy said that as of June 1, he would no longer cooperate with ICE to facilitate the deportation of low-level offenders and those who have no criminal record. He said Secure Communities had a chilling effect on immigrants who witness or are victims of crime. "Crimes go unreported—and this affects everyone, citizens and noncitizens alike," he said.
How is it that this ******-bag decide which laws he will follow?
Hennessy has now chosen ignore his own state's law as well as federal law.

If people really knew what was going on...