Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:08   #1
Black&TAN

One holster, 3 Glocks?

About to pick up a G36, and looking at best carry options, I haven't found near the selection of holsters for this pistol as with other Glocks.

I love my Bianchi Carry Loc Model 82-- it's got a fast, natural draw, and the added comfort of knowing it will stay put until I need it http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...?TxtModelID=82. While it's great for G23 daily carry, equally so with a G19C, I am a bit concerned that the slight variances in dimensions will effect the fit of a G36.

Bianchi lists all above noted models as compatible with the Model 82 Size 11, but this holster is well past the break-in period.

Are there any thoughts on using the same holster for multiple Glocks, particularly with a G36?
Black&TAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:18   #2
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

I've got a Comp-Tac Spartan slide model.
It will allow carry of any 9-40-357 Glock, & also the 36 due to it's thin slide.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 13:38   #3
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I've got a Comp-Tac Spartan slide model.
It will allow carry of any 9-40-357 Glock, & also the 36 due to it's thin slide.
Exactly, Slide models (models w/ an open bottom to accommodate longer barrels) is the only way I would go or a "One Size Fits All" approach.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 13:36   #4
randyc74

It's always a good idea to match the holster to the particular pistol. One holster "fits most" doesn't work out well. A quality holster is molded and hand boned using an exact size weapon specific mold.

Randy
Bulldog Custom Gun Leather

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
randyc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 13:40   #5
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

The parts of the gun that contact the holster, at least in the critical dimensions, are the same size as a .40 caliber glock. Most .40S&W glock holsters will fit a 36 equally well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&TAN View Post
About to pick up a G36, and looking at best carry options, I haven't found near the selection of holsters for this pistol as with other Glocks.

I love my Bianchi Carry Loc Model 82-- it's got a fast, natural draw, and the added comfort of knowing it will stay put until I need it http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...?TxtModelID=82. While it's great for G23 daily carry, equally so with a G19C, I am a bit concerned that the slight variances in dimensions will effect the fit of a G36.

Bianchi lists all above noted models as compatible with the Model 82 Size 11, but this holster is well past the break-in period.

Are there any thoughts on using the same holster for multiple Glocks, particularly with a G36?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:37   #6
fuzzy03cls

Quote:
One holster "fits most" doesn't work out well.
I agree, but I think he's talking about holsters that fit the same series weapon.
Like crossbreeds will fit almost all glocks because on a glock the back of the slide & grip doesn't change. Just the length of the grip & slide. So they all fit the same in the holster. My Safari land holsters are the same. Mine will fit my G22 or a 17, 19, 23, 26 & 27.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:17   #7
dregotglock
CHL Instructor

just keep in mind - once you stretch out the leather to fit another weapon, in my experience, you will loose some retention. this is why several above have stated one size all does not work. ONLY way I would trust this is if you own, for example, a G19, G23, and G32 - this would work as they are the same size.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:17   #8
USMC61

Well, I carry my 36 in a Glock sport/combat and all my other different glock models fit in it except maybe the 29, so I put out 15 bucks and got the bigger one for that one.
USMC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 15:22   #9
tankermw

I bought a "hooker" holster from Alabama Holster Co. for my 19. My 23 and 36 fit just fine. I use it for all 3 of my Glocks. No problems at all.

Last edited by tankermw; 06-21-2011 at 15:23..
tankermw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:02   #10
CertifiedGunNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankermw View Post
I bought a "hooker" holster from Alabama Holster Co. for my 19. My 23 and 36 fit just fine. I use it for all 3 of my Glocks. No problems at all.
Big +1 for Alabama Holster. I just got a flapjack holster from them and it blows away the Raven I had. Finished much better and seems much more durable.
CertifiedGunNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 18:32   #11
Black&TAN

Thanks to all for the insight. I was looking to hear, in the case of my Bianchi, "one size fits some".

From what I can gather, best bet would be to either buy a new model-specific holster and break it in with said pistol, or go with a slide-style to better accommodate multiple.

I figure it's most important to have a safe and proper fit, and appreciate the suggestions.
Black&TAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 21:48   #12
DaneA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&TAN View Post
Thanks to all for the insight. I was looking to hear, in the case of my Bianchi, "one size fits some".

From what I can gather, best bet would be to either buy a new model-specific holster and break it in with said pistol, or go with a slide-style to better accommodate multiple.

I figure it's most important to have a safe and proper fit, and appreciate the suggestions.
Check out the Bianchi Black Widow. It should fit everything you have.
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 19:48   #13
jbclark187

I have a 19 and 36. My high noon Mr. Softy and my Fobus (both ordered for the 36) fit. The 19 is just a tiny bit looser in the fobus, but I actually prefer it to the 36 fit.

So like it has already been mentioned - they say one size fits most for a reason. There can always be exceptions.

Good luck finding a rig you like - the G36 is a pleasure to carry

jbclark187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 13:49   #14
tuica

Of course it will be the Glock Sport/Combat holster. I carry my G36 in the holster fitted for the mid-width Glocks. Works great! Cheers.
Old 06-22-2011, 14:08   #15
Patchman
Florist

I can see using one holster for the same caliber of guns (ie: holster for a G17, carrying a G17, G19 or G26). But not cross different calibers (no valid reason for this). In fact, I have a IWB holster for the G19 that I have carried a G26 with.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 06-22-2011 at 14:09..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 14:15   #16
ashecht

My leather/kydex holster from GT'r Kwart fits my G23, G19 and G26 perfectly. All 3 give that comforting "click" when the trigger guards lock into the kydex impressions
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 18:34   #17
Glo_Ck

I love my n82tactical holster. Fits both my 36 and 24 and it's mad comfortable.
Glo_Ck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bianchi, g36, holster