SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-22-2011, 16:43   #1
monkeykevin

Send a message via AIM to monkeykevin
Which suppressor? G5 or SPR/M4?

Hey, I've just recently built a AR and now I'm on the sideline of deciding which suppressor to buy. Originally I was planning on the AAC SPR/M4 but now my dealer has a Gem-Tech G5 demo (EXCELLENT Condition) for sale @ $625.

In your opinion which would be a better buy? G5 demo can for $625 over the SPR/M4 @ $1125? Its obviously that the G5 is cheaper, but is it worth the money over a AAC?

My rig is:
1.5-8x IOR 3moa dot w/ 5moa horse shoe ring
18" WOA 1:7
AAC MITER Flash Hider
Adam Arms Mid-Piston
Mega Arms Mono Upper/Lower

Last edited by monkeykevin; 09-22-2011 at 16:45..
monkeykevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 16:45   #2
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

AAC > GemTech (by a long long way).

Inconel fully welded suppressors are expensive to manufacture and extremely durable. Coupled with dB reduction of the AAC I think it is a no brainer. The only thing I would consider is either going with an AAC M4-2000 or even an AAC 762SD for your platform.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 17:04   #3
WoodenPlank
Who?

I'd suggest taking a look at Griffin Armament. The few people I know that have handled their cans have been impressed, and their pricing is fantastic. I had an at-length email conversation with one of the owners, and he seemed to have a really good head on his shoulders when it came to design and manufacturing.

$650 for a QD suppressor INCLUDING the $200 tax for the Form 4 is a ridiculous price. They are also taking preorders for their M4SD II, as well. It will be 316L stainless for the body and 718 inconel baffles for under $800. I plan on adding an M4SD II to my SBR as soon as personal finances allow.
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote