Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2012, 15:13   #1
mattkats1

Looking for a P2000sk or USPC stainless 9mm light lem

I see these for sale often but I'm always a day late. Does anyone know of a good deal on a P2000sk in 9mm or a stainless USPC in 9mm? Looking for a low round count and in great shape.

I've owned a P2000sk in sa/da and loved the ergonomics and accuracy. After having a G19, I really liked the trigger pull and consistency it had, would the light LEM be close to this or am I way off? The sa/da always makes me hesitate before firing but the Glock setup was perfect for my taste.

I know they are out there so I am throwing this out in case any of you have seen one for sale locally or at a gun show. THanks in advance for any help.

Please email me as I rarely check this site. matthewmartin@juno.com
mattkats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 17:17   #2
sns3guppy

I couldn't tell you where the best deal is, but I do own and carry a P2000SK in .40, with the LEM trigger. I think it's an excellent trigger system. I usually carry mine in an ankle holster. It's light and compact, and comfortable to carry and shoot.

I use the magazine baseplate with the finger lip, rather than the flush mag base. It doesn't add significantly to the bulk or outline of the pistol, but it feels better in my hand and I think aids in the grip and ergonomics of the handgun.

The P2000SK is a great choice. My only complaint, expressed here before, was each magazine supplied by the factory; all three mag springs lost their spring and went "flat." When I spoke with the factory about it, I was told that I shouldn't leave the magazines loaded, and that it destroys the springs. I haven't seen this to be the case with any of my other HK's, and I think the factory counsel is idiotic, but take it for what it's worth. After the magazines sat for a period of time, removing one or two rounds from the magazine released all tension, and the others could fall out or jam the firearm.

I should add that I haven't come across anyone else who had this same problem, and reiterate I haven't had it with any of my other HK's. It could be a one-off deal, but seems extremely coincidental to happen to all three magazines.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 19:37   #3
mattkats1

Thanks for the input guppy. The sk I owned was a .40 too and I agree it's a helluva gun. I have about 500 rds of 9mm stockpiled and I like the lower shooting prices so I've decided to stick with 9mm if at all possible. For some reason the .40 isn't selling well (at least the used H&K market). I nearly bought a new one at budsgunshop.com last month as they had a sale, $650 brand new with two barrels, the .357sig and the .40. I missed that before they sold out though. Hoping they will get it again and I'll buy NIB.

Last edited by mattkats1; 01-02-2012 at 19:38..
Old 01-03-2012, 19:09   #4
heyyouduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkats1 View Post
I see these for sale often but I'm always a day late. Does anyone know of a good deal on a P2000sk in 9mm or a stainless USPC in 9mm? Looking for a low round count and in great shape.

I've owned a P2000sk in sa/da and loved the ergonomics and accuracy. After having a G19, I really liked the trigger pull and consistency it had, would the light LEM be close to this or am I way off? The sa/da always makes me hesitate before firing but the Glock setup was perfect for my taste.

I know they are out there so I am throwing this out in case any of you have seen one for sale locally or at a gun show. THanks in advance for any help.

light LEM is more similar to the glock trigger than da/sa, but they're not really the same. there's a long and very light take up before the break on the LEM trigger, something the glock trigger doesn't have. I converted my USP to light LEM recently, I think I prefer the glock trigger more, but I don't dislike the LEM at all. You can find more in detail discussions on hkpro.com.
heyyouduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:03   #5
deeHKman
"It Is Written"

Owned HK's for many year's. Like my DA/SA since that's from a revolver guy who went to the DA semi.'s. Never seen or tried a LEM HK did a superb job there no doubt.

But i carry a USPc 9mm stainless very very hard to find. Or my HK45c since i like the .45!! Not much into sub.'s(hand size) even tho they can be made bigger but that defeat's their purpose, good luck....

deeHKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 22:18   #6
mattkats1

good info guys thanks. I started out wanting only a stainless USPc but it's because I have a soft spot for two tone and as you said, they are hard to find. I missed a brand new one (new old stock I'm sure) at Whitaker's Guns in Ownesboro KY last month. $759 and it was gone the week after I checked it out. Unfortunately I still had my Kimber Ultra Aegis II and couldn't afford the H&K without selling it first. Sold the Kimber 3 days later and boom the stainless was long gone.

One thing I've learned is just be patient, something will happen along.
Old 01-09-2012, 19:52   #7
mattkats1

still looking!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:11   #8
clawsonbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkats1 View Post

I've got a P2000SK, 9mm, L.E.M. with 70 rds thru it. Gun cannot be told from new....it is flawless. Have 6 HK Factory mags ( 5 are new in wrappers..never used) inc 4 10 rd flush fit and two brand new 13 rd HK mags, with 2 X-grip spacers to fill gap for the 13 rounders. the 4 Extra mags still in HK packaging. Includes factory HK plastic pistol case, manual, all papers, lock, both back straps, spentcasing. You can make a fair offer.....I like this gun a lot but just dont use it.

email sent as requested...can send pics if interested. thanks

Last edited by clawsonbob; 01-15-2012 at 09:24..
clawsonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:52   #9
mattkats1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsonbob View Post
I've got a P2000SK, 9mm, L.E.M. with 70 rds thru it. Gun cannot be told from new....it is flawless. Have 6 HK Factory mags ( 5 are new in wrappers..never used) inc 4 10 rd flush fit and two brand new 13 rd HK mags, with 2 X-grip spacers to fill gap for the 13 rounders. the 4 Extra mags still in HK packaging. Includes factory HK plastic pistol case, manual, all papers, lock, both back straps, spentcasing. You can make a fair offer.....I like this gun a lot but just dont use it.

email sent as requested...can send pics if interested. thanks

Thanks Bob...emailed you back
Old 01-17-2012, 22:28   #10
mattkats1

still searching!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10   #11
sourdough44

One for sale now from NW IN on HKpro.com / forums. I think it was $650 with some goodies. I thought about it myself but I'm a little gunned out at the moment. Don't get hung up that is has to be 'light LEM', you can always have it changed later.

Last edited by sourdough44; 01-18-2012 at 11:11..
sourdough44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 17:24   #12
mattkats1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough44 View Post
One for sale now from NW IN on HKpro.com / forums. I think it was $650 with some goodies. I thought about it myself but I'm a little gunned out at the moment. Don't get hung up that is has to be 'light LEM', you can always have it changed later.
Yes I've seen that one. The guy was a real jackwad so I passed on buying it. I tried though!

Thanks for the info though...I'll find one eventually!
Old 01-18-2012, 19:49   #13
sourdough44

You did right to pass if you got bad vibes from the seller. I'd also keep an eye on new prices from Buds gunshop. They may not be much higher & you'll know for sure what you're getting. As I remember inventory comes & goes with them.
sourdough44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 22:27   #14
mattkats1

Agree 100% on Buds. I've been patiently watching and added the pistols to my wish list in case they come in again. I missed a before Xmas special that offered a P2000sk brand new in .357sig with a free .40 barrel for $650. It was a deal and a steal but they sold out fast.
Old 02-04-2012, 21:10   #15
cowboy1964

The LEM weight is pretty easy to change. I changed my P30 from the stock LEM to the next lighter one. It's just knocking out one roll pin and changing the firing pin safety block spring. Going to the lightest requires a bit more work and the mid-weight is perfect for a carry piece.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 02-04-2012 at 21:11..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:24   #16
mattkats1

Good info thanks. I haven't found one (uspc stainless) yet and all the p2000sk's are either sold before I find them or priced higher than new. Patience will pay off eventually.
Old 02-06-2012, 17:19   #17
mattkats1

argh still looking...whiffed on two SS 9's the last two weeks
Old 02-11-2012, 08:26   #18
Sig Fever

I own a USPc V1 in .40S&W and a P2000SK V2 in 9mm. The P2000SK is my EDC but don't discount the USPc models, they are fine handguns and the accuracy is fantastic. Here is one that I sold to fund the P2000SK in 9mm.

Just some Gun Pr0n....

Heckler & Koch Forum
Old 12-10-2012, 13:16   #19
mattkats1

Lord...still looking! Finding more used ones priced higher than a NIB argh!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20   #20
mattkats1

Took me a year lol but I found one today. Previously owned but unfired. Patience pays off...but boy howdy almost a year