Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-25-2012, 16:54   #1
SolidGun
Addicted 2 guns

Do not buy Remington Versa Max Tactical.....

If you can see one in the store, buy it. Or if you bought it from a great online dealer like I did, don't hesitate as they took care of my issue FAST.

This was not used and this came straight from the distributor.

However, if you need to get one shipped, then avoid buying one. I got mine today and this is how the box was arranged minus the shotgun:
Tactical Shotguns

I was hoping to get this tested, lifter modified, etc. before the next match, but now I have to wait to get it resolved. Mine is all scratched up and there is a chunk missing on the receiver.
I have bought a lot of guns and this is the first time I was disappointed buying a new gun. Remington managed to rob me of that new gun satisfaction. I don't care if I cause the wear and tear over time, but getting it this way and telling me that it is new is not what I want to have.

- They don't wrap the metal pieces they send (wrench, "tactical choke" with those sharp points, tiny screws which could easily have been lodged in the action and I had one roll out of the barrel)
- The cardboard holders didn't hold up. The shotgun and everything in the box was loose. My FFL was wondering why it was rattling.

I have/had several Benellis, Winchesters, Brownings and all these shotguns came with a box fitted to hold the contents. Even cheap shotguns come with boxes that will not destroy the firearm.

Contacted Remington to see if they will address the issue. Will update as this progresses..... What a waste of time and energy. It would cost a snack size freezer bag to avoid this.

UPDATE:
48 hours later, I have not received a response on my open ticket with Remington. I guess big companies make you wait. I have contacted several quality manufacturers before and they responded within 24 hours.....

Last edited by SolidGun; 09-26-2012 at 18:30..
SolidGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 17:19   #2
mixflip

If I buy a Remington shotgun...it will be a tried and true proven model like the 870 tactical or 1187.
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 17:34   #3
plouffedaddy

Do you have a photo of the damage to the gun?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 17:44   #4
IGotIt
No Demlibtards

Maybe they sent you a previously returned item.
Old 09-25-2012, 17:48   #5
SolidGun
Addicted 2 guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotIt View Post
Maybe they sent you a previously returned item.
I asked about this, but it ships directly from the distributor. It could have been returned, but not sure why it would go back there as most stores keep them in their stock.

But then I saw a YouTube video of a dealer unboxing it and other posts about lack of packaging, but their items were not damaged.
Old 09-25-2012, 18:31   #6
aippi

It was packed at the factory that way. There is a compartment for accessories and it is there but is torn away. It is in the top left hand corner of your picture and one side is torn loose and allowed the accessories to come out into the box. This weapon went from Ilion to NC to the Distributor to the ffl dealer and was on trucks and maybe by air. A freaking bubble wrap bag with those items then placed in that compartment would have prevented this. Their packing needs improved and incidents like this are the only way they are going to do it. I get in factory new Receivers, barrels and other part that are so scratched up I have to reparkerize them because if I RGA them I end up waiting for back orders and it takes months to credit my account. I buy between $60K and 80K in parts alone and another between $40K and $50K in new Remington shotguns for my business and what you are showing has become common under the New Freedom Group onwers. Give them hell and demand a new weapon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 19:07   #7
SolidGun
Addicted 2 guns

Thank you aippi for the insight.

The dealer is ready to make it right. And other than the fact that I didn't get to enjoy unboxing the item, I don't really care about the wear as I will be throwing this into barrels and tables.
The real problem is that I would hate to see them take this direction in packaging because I buy their products.
Also, I really don't believe this is the dealer's fault so they should not waste their time and money. Even if they are reimbursed, I want Remington to take responsibility for their poor packaging. I don't understand why they chose to do this for this particular model when I have seen other Versa Max come in plastic cases.
Old 09-25-2012, 19:24   #8
aippi

It gets tricky. It is on the Factory period, yet the dealer has to hope the Distributor makes it right. Depending on the relationship the dealer has with the Distributor he may have an issue. The buyer should not accept a damaged weapon. The distributor can ask the dealer if the buyer accepted it and left the shop with it and that can complicate things.

I get most all my weapons from one distributor, Sports South, and I have a dedicated rep that I order from and this would not have been a problem. They do not open and inspect the weapons so are at the dealers mercy as to the condition of the weapon weapon when it arrives there.

So, if the relationship between dealer and distributor is good they will reslove it. If not then go after Remington and don't let them get away with this. That is an expensive weapon for sure but I would not put up with this mess for a $285 Express model or anything I bought new. Keep us posted how this gets resolved and if Remington was involved. They have to start stepping up and stop the down ward slide Freedom Group is causing. They are a great name in American Guns and that is at risk.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote