Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 11:00   #1
Grayhawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 251
How Obama will eliminate the second amendment

If Obama is re-elected he will eliminate the second amendment rights of citizens. He and Hillary will sign the agreement with the United Nations countries to eliminate all firearms for individuals. The UN agreement should be voted on by the US Senate, however if Harry Reid doesn't take it to the Senate floor for a vote it will become law. The administration has the power to sign international agreements and treaties that would become law if Congress doesn't act. If Congress would vote to not accept the agreement then it would not become law. Here is the loophole that would give them the power.
Grayhawk
Grayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:41   #2
Schlitz
Senior Member
 
Schlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 330
Won't happen.
__________________
The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, ...
Schlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 18:21   #3
IhRedrider
Not a walker
 
IhRedrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 519
The up side to this if it was to happen is: No one could deny the true intent of those in power. Then it would be a simple choice of being a sheep or being a wolf.
IhRedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:41   #4
TactiCool
Senior Member
 
TactiCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southeast LA.
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
Won't happen.
I agree as well, but not so much because I don't think that they want to do it, but rather because it would prove to be unenforceable.
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17   #5
Grayhawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 251
"Won't Happen."
Thank you for your assurance. However, three Congressmen, and two politcal analysts seem to think it's possible.
Grayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 15:19   #6
agile_1
Member
 
agile_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayhawk View Post
"Won't Happen."
Thank you for your assurance. However, three Congressmen, and two politcal analysts seem to think it's possible.
Oh.

Really.

TV talking heads? RW teabagger congressman?

It seems like your serious.
agile_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18   #7
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 28,273
Good. I want to get some cheaper blue helmets.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:21   #8
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 552
I think it could happen, and I am convinced that Obama wants that. A simple search will reveal their plans.


Please vote! It's that important!
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:42   #9
ArtyGuy
Senior Member
 
ArtyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 994
It won't happen because it would be a treaty and Congress has to vote on treaties. We elect a President, not a king.
__________________
The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
ArtyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:26   #10
wiscmike
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyGuy View Post
It won't happen because it would be a treaty and Congress has to vote on treaties. We elect a President, not a king.
Once he gets elected he will be appointing a minimum of one more supreme court justice. As we all saw they wrote behind locked doors with NO input from the opposing party and then shoved it though, 2500 page obamacare that IS unconstitutional. He got 1 judge to defect and it was upheld as we all know. If he appoints one more judge he can and has a great chance to sign an executive order and then when it gets to the supreme court they will uphold it. What part of this do we not understand. He even said when he was running that the Constitution was flawed and then swore to uphold it? Someone is not telling the truth here. The 1st ten amendments were supposed to be sacred as they found the Declaration of Independence was a bit vague. They have already trashed the 1st and are trying to trash the 2nd.
Talk about Animal Farm, too bad most haven't read it because it is happening.
wiscmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:30   #11
FireForged
Millenium #3936
 
FireForged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Rebel South
Posts: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyGuy View Post
It won't happen because it would be a treaty and Congress has to vote on treaties. We elect a President, not a king.
^^^^ this.

Plus, the US has already placed so many red lines on so many aspects of the proposed treaty, it negated any possibility of the US ever being any part of it.
__________________
"I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:07   #12
artert3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 93
Received this this morning????? Valid??

HERE IT COMES, BE PREPARED !!

On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All Firearms in the United States .


The crooks can't be controled and the government is a separate entity. Looks like our biggest fear is coming true. Only the crooks will have guns, government included and who will be the biggest crook?

U.S.reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto.

The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.

On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All Firearms in the United States . The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms.

The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammu nition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control.

Please forward this message to others who may be concerned about the direction in which our country is headed.

We are being led like a lamb to the slaughter (Socialism/Dictatorship).

DON'T KEEP THIS - SEND IT OUT TO YOUR LIST

The crooks can't be controlled and the government is a separate entity. Looks like our biggest fear is coming true. Only the crooks will have guns, government included and who will be the biggest crook?


artert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 17:01   #13
MoparMan1991
Senior Member
 
MoparMan1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barksdale AFB, LA
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by artert3 View Post
HERE IT COMES, BE PREPARED !!

On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All Firearms in the United States .


The crooks can't be controled and the government is a separate entity. Looks like our biggest fear is coming true. Only the crooks will have guns, government included and who will be the biggest crook?

U.S.reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto.

The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.

On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All Firearms in the United States . The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms.

The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammu nition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control.

Please forward this message to others who may be concerned about the direction in which our country is headed.

We are being led like a lamb to the slaughter (Socialism/Dictatorship).

DON'T KEEP THIS - SEND IT OUT TO YOUR LIST

The crooks can't be controlled and the government is a separate entity. Looks like our biggest fear is coming true. Only the crooks will have guns, government included and who will be the biggest crook?


MoparMan1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 17:44   #14
Chris Brines
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireForged View Post
^^^^ this.

Plus, the US has already placed so many red lines on so many aspects of the proposed treaty, it negated any possibility of the US ever being any part of it.
Nobody can predict the future but this is surely worth considering:

Quote from Dick Morris:

Now advocates of the Treaty, as we predicted, are back and have introduced a resolution in the UN General Assembly calling for the resumption of negotiations and outlining a new procedure to get it passed even if the US objects.

Under their plan -- likely to be approved later this month by the General Assembly -- the negotiators are not going to seek consensus (read: U.S. approval) but will write the Treaty as they please and introduce it to the General Assembly for approval. If two-thirds of the Assembly vote for the treaty (a foregone conclusion), then it will be submitted to the nations of the world for signature and ratification. Nobody will be able to change the Treaty, they have the option of signing or not.

When sixty nations have signed, the Treaty will take effect and be binding on those who have signed and ratified it.

Here's the rest of the plan: After the election is over, Obama and Hillary will probably sign the Treaty. They then won't submit it for ratification since, under the Vienna Convention, it takes effect automatically on their signature even without Senate ratification. That means that the Treaty takes full effect unless one of two things happen:

(a) Either the Senate votes to kill the Treaty, or

(b) The president or a future president renounces it

The first option won't happen. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid won't permit the Treaty to come up for a vote in the lame duck Senate session that begins after Election Day. He knows it would lose. So, as long as Obama is president and he doesn't renounce the Treaty, it will take effect without Senate action.

We need to mobilize to stop this end run around our Constitution. Once the Arms Trade Treaty is signed by Obama, it will open the door to international gun controls imposed by the Geneva-based enforcers of the Treaty.

(Nominally, the Treaty bars the exportation of small arms by private individuals or companies to foreign countries. But, in its enforcement, it obliges signatory countries to require registration of the small arms in their citizens' possession. And, if that fails to stop the export of small arms, it empowers the global body to take further steps, likely to include prohibition and confiscation.


People can theorize all they want...but obviously there are some people who feel pretty strongly about Obama's 2nd Amendment disregard....enough to turn down business of those who voted for him:

Gun-Control Issues


Although that is kinda harsh and I don't think I'd personally go that far, I can't say I blame them one bit.
Chris Brines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:50   #15
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brines View Post

Gun-Control Issues


Although that is kinda harsh and I don't think I'd personally go that far, I can't say I blame them one bit.
This represents why Conservative thought is a dangerous thing in a nation based on freedom.

This sign is akin to the Star of David used in the late 1930s to mark and set apart the Jews in Europe. Because Conservatives are by in large authoritarians, this tendency to separate those who don't agree with their extremism must be called out for what it is; un-American.
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:09   #16
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,878


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
This represents why Conservative thought is a dangerous thing in a nation based on freedom.

This sign is akin to the Star of David used in the late 1930s to mark and set apart the Jews in Europe. Because Conservatives are by in large authoritarians, this tendency to separate those who don't agree with their extremism must be called out for what it is; un-American.
No extrapolation here, is there?

Good Lord. Did somebody slap a decal of this on your coat and force you to wear it?


The most intolerant people I've ever met are Liberals.
I remember them hanging George Bush and Sarah Palin in effigy. Shouting down political opposition. Now that was un-American and threatening.

So, rather than banter back and forth about it, let's just say extremism is alive and well on both sides, and you and I and perhaps 90% of everyone else is not part of it.
__________________
"...dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal." - Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:24   #17
BADOS
Senior Member
 
BADOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 300
Well, I guess it's time to speak my piece and it won't be pretty.

There will not be any change in the second amendment if Obama is re elected. That being said, if I remember correctly, the second amendment came about while muskets were fashionable. It's time to reassess the law. Our average citizens don't need assault rifles with 100 round drum magazines and you don't need an AK47 to go hunting. These weapons are dangerous in the hands of other than Military or Police. Also, for those people who think a revolutions is coming, I want what your'e drinking.

Last edited by BADOS; 10-16-2012 at 08:25..
BADOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:30   #18
GlockPride
Glock 23
 
GlockPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Just OK
Posts: 4,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
Well, I guess it's time to speak my piece and it won't be pretty.

There will not be any change in the second amendment if Obama is re elected. That being said, if I remember correctly, the second amendment came about while muskets were fashionable. It's time to reassess the law. Our average citizens don't need assault rifles with 100 round drum magazines and you don't need an AK47 to go hunting. These weapons are dangerous in the hands of other than Military or Police. Also, for those people who think a revolutions is coming, I want what your'e drinking.
Troll much? Government plant?
__________________
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36   #19
SGT HATRED
Senior Member
 
SGT HATRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PHX AZ
Posts: 3,237
Delete

Last edited by SGT HATRED; 10-16-2012 at 08:37..
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:37   #20
SGT HATRED
Senior Member
 
SGT HATRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PHX AZ
Posts: 3,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
Well, I guess it's time to speak my piece and it won't be pretty.

There will not be any change in the second amendment if Obama is re elected. That being said, if I remember correctly, the second amendment came about while muskets were fashionable. It's time to reassess the law. Our average citizens don't need assault rifles with 100 round drum magazines and you don't need an AK47 to go hunting. These weapons are dangerous in the hands of other than Military or Police. Also, for those people who think a revolutions is coming, I want what your'e drinking.
Seriously?
Next question; Are you american?

Last edited by SGT HATRED; 10-16-2012 at 08:38..
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:00.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 697
166 Members
531 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31