Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:21   #1
DonGlock26

Unemployment Numbers are Bogus

http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/11/un...rices-rise-hou

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...low-lowest-exp

Basically, one large state didn't turn in their figures yet. Why weren't we told this????
Operation Wetback 1954 was an immigration law enforcement initiative. The program utilized special tactics to combat the problem of illegal border crossing. Overall, there were 1,078,168 apprehensions made in the first year of Operation Wetback.
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:29   #2
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

So BLS put out there figures knowing the data from one state was missing? Wonder why they didn't wait on them, or publicize the fact that it was incomplete data, instead of putting out as accurate what would have to be inaccurate data?

So, let's here from the truth squadders who were calling us all nuts for saying it was easy for government agencies to fudge the numbers when they needed to.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:45   #3
DonGlock26

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
So BLS put out there figures knowing the data from one state was missing? Wonder why they didn't wait on them, or publicize the fact that it was incomplete data, instead of putting out as accurate what would have to be inaccurate data?

So, let's here from the truth squadders who were calling us all nuts for saying it was easy for government agencies to fudge the numbers when they needed to.

Apparently, the incomplete nature of the numbers was kept from the American people. This is an administration in meltdown.
Operation Wetback 1954 was an immigration law enforcement initiative. The program utilized special tactics to combat the problem of illegal border crossing. Overall, there were 1,078,168 apprehensions made in the first year of Operation Wetback.
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:03   #4
Rabid Rabbit

I can only think of two "large" states that could have that kind of impact, CA and TX.
Rabid Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:09   #5
JMag

What's NOT bogus with this administration?
JMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:17   #6
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

What? Number of people employed increased by 114,000 and number unemployed decreased by 456,000.

I don't see anything wrong with these numbers. What's this thread all about anyway?
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:55   #7
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanderson View Post
What? Number of people employed increased by 114,000 and number unemployed decreased by 456,000.

I don't see anything wrong with these numbers. What's this thread all about anyway?
Don't mind them... its already established that here

Any bad news= must be gospel.
Any good news = must be tainted.

Folks here actually are hoping for bad news and rooting against economic recovery. Damnedest thing I've ever seen.
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:56   #8
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSHARK View Post

Folks here actually are hoping for bad news and rooting against economic recovery. Damnedest thing I've ever seen.
You don't think it's slightly odd that the BLS dropped a report, without a big disclaimer that would keep the otherwise unbiased and scrupulously detail-oriented MSM from drawing the wrong conclusion, that did not include the data from "one large state" a mere month before a major election?

It's de rigeur for the BLS to release a report with incomplete data? That's not "tainted" in your mind?

Because I don't think it's normal and I can only think of one reason why the BLS would release such a thing. If you can think of another, by all means share with the group.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32   #9
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
You don't think it's slightly odd that the BLS dropped a report, without a big disclaimer that would keep the otherwise unbiased and scrupulously detail-oriented MSM from drawing the wrong conclusion, that did not include the data from "one large state" a mere month before a major election?

It's de rigeur for the BLS to release a report with incomplete data? That's not "tainted" in your mind?

Because I don't think it's normal and I can only think of one reason why the BLS would release such a thing. If you can think of another, by all means share with the group.
Why are you accepting these two questionable links as gospel?
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:40   #10
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post

Just out of curiosity:

1) What would you say if the report that is due to be released just days before the election shows that the unemployment rate has gone up to 7.9 or 8%? Will you still claim conspiracy?

2) Were you questioning the unemployment numbers under Obama when they were above 9%? If it's all a conspiracy, why were you not complaining then?

3) Were you questioning the numbers during his entire administration, minus the last week, when they were above 8% when he promised that the stimulus would prevent that from happening?

All of those scenarios I have listed above are bad for Obama. Even the current 7.8% number is still dismal. If you are consistent in your position of the numbers being bogus, and are not just complaining whenever they don't go your way (despite the fact that every American should be happy about a falling unemployment rate), why were you not bringing this up in the past?
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:27   #11
herose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSHARK View Post

The only people rooting against the economy is the present administration who has been doing all it can to destroy the economy, and those who follow Obama like sheep.

A good economy means a powerful USA and that is exactly what Obama and his liberals dont want. Damnedest thing I've ever seen!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:49   #12
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:

If you don't see the problem, then you are the problem.

Sorry.
Old 10-11-2012, 14:22   #13
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
If you don't see the problem, then you are the problem.

Sorry.
Easy there big fella... Just injecting a little sarcasm. GWSHARK didn't get it either apparently. Of course these numbers are cooked!

Nothing is beyond this president. He's pulling all the strings.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:49   #14
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Easy there big fella... Just injecting a little sarcasm. GWSHARK didn't get it either apparently. Of course these numbers are cooked!

Nothing is beyond this president. He's pulling all the strings.
Oh, then in that case, ................... never mind.
Old 10-11-2012, 13:24   #15
herose

Quote:

Uh don't know where you get your information but... actual unemployment requests WITHOUT California reporting increased by 26,000 but after the numbers were "adjusted" they showed a decrease of applications of 30,000. According to Business News Weekly
Old 10-11-2012, 12:39   #16
W420Hunter

Send a message via AIM to W420Hunter Send a message via Yahoo to W420Hunter
I am sure this is not shocking to any one. The truth of the matter is if you keep your eye open they have been doing for a while now. Look at the job #'s at the end of every month and then look at them again a week after. You will find that the # become higher every time.
W420Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:31   #17
michael_b
BRC #1492

Alternate Unemployment-Charts

-On mobile

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 15:29   #18
GAFinch

Simply amazing
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:58   #19
GAFinch

Official unemployment in the construction industry has been around 20% nationwide and higher than that in some areas. Having specific skills doesn't make someone a slacker.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:21   #20
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Having specific skills doesn't make someone a slacker.
I agree, unless you're implying that I said this, which I did not. I simply stated a fact: people with specific skills are hit hard, especially when they have no formal education.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote