Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-09-2012, 19:25   #1
dking1

Gssf discount gone up?

So I redeemed my gssf discount cert this evening. Gen 4 22, but in my glazed eyes of glock glory I missed the fact that blackwing charged me 450 plus tax. My wife pointed the price difference out to me when we got home. Did gen 4s go up?

So I called bw. They told me only gen 3s are 425 and gen 4 have always been 450. John also told me that even though the gssf paper says gen4 is 425 "that's just the minimum sales price." What's that mean? Not being an ingrate but 25 bucks is 25 bucks.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Mark 10:27
"With God, all things are possible."

:motorcycle:

Last edited by dking1; 11-09-2012 at 19:30..
dking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 19:31   #2
MrVvrroomm

Your dealer f'd you

Certified Glock Armorer
MrVvrroomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 19:35   #3
1RoundEye

My understanding is the price can very from dealer to dealer, but its typically between $398-$425. If you win a pistol from a match and you want a Gen4, you have to pay, so it would not suppose me if they cost more through the discount program.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by 1RoundEye; 11-09-2012 at 19:36..
1RoundEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 20:00   #4
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking1 View Post
So I redeemed my gssf discount cert this evening. Gen 4 22, but in my glazed eyes of glock glory I missed the fact that blackwing charged me 450 plus tax. My wife pointed the price difference out to me when we got home. Did gen 4s go up?

So I called bw. They told me only gen 3s are 425 and gen 4 have always been 450. John also told me that even though the gssf paper says gen4 is 425 "that's just the minimum sales price." What's that mean? Not being an ingrate but 25 bucks is 25 bucks.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Unless something changed during the last month or so, the correct price for Gen4s is $425, but GSSF doesn't seem to police that. Many dealers attempt to charge 'incorrect' prices for LE guns (should be $398.20) and GSSF guns (should be $425), and even more-so for LE (based supposedly on dealer level).

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware; know the price before you buy. (I ask on the phone.) If a dealer within 20 miles has a GSSF gun for $450, and another dealer 200 miles away has it for $425, which would you choose? dunno...

Another blatantly deceitful practice is to remove one of the three mags that come with most GSSF guns and Gen 4s.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 20:05   #5
dking1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Another blatantly deceitful practice is to remove one of the three mags that come with most GSSF guns and Gen 4s.
The mag "slip-a-roo" was why I went to blackwing instead of Vance's. I'm really shock with johns response to my question and not likely to run right up there again anytime soon.
Mark 10:27
"With God, all things are possible."

:motorcycle:
dking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 00:14   #6
jmartin

I just picked up my Gen4 Glock 19 for 398.20 + tax; (I qualify for LE/Mil pricing - retired military); was also told the GSSF price was 425. Both prices included 3 mags...

jamartin - on
jmartin is offline   Reply With Quote