SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-29-2012, 23:45   #1
musclegto

Maverick HS-12

Well,

After a couple weeks of contemplating I had my mind set on a Mossberg 500 18.5" And then I ran into this beauty. Does anyone have one? Only downside I see is the 2 shot capacity. Runs around $400.

musclegto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 23:49   #2
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

two shots of anything is cutting it too close for defensive uses, but if youre gonna whack somebody its plenty.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 18:32   #3
musclegto

you are right, opted for a more practical shotgun. Ordered myself a mossberg persuader tactical. Thanks for the input
musclegto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:49   #4
Shock & Awe

Its the most accurate non rifled barrel shotgun i have shot. The fiber optic front sight and top rail/rear sight make it very fast to get on target and get great groups with buck and slug. I just bought this gun for fun over a year ago and it is now my truck gun. I can even nail clays 9 out of 10 times with it but it doesnt destroy them like my other shotguns just breaks a few chunks off but still hits them.
2 rounds is not the best but the trigger pull is very nice and u can get those 2 shots off as fast or faster than most semi's. Plus its so easy for the wife to operate with its small size so thats a big plus for me. The other thing i like is u can get 22, 38, 9mm and 45 inserts for it. With all that said if i could only have 1 shotgun it would not be the hs-12. But if ur a shotgun fan i believe its a must own.
Shock & Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:04   #5
Aceman

I think it is very cool for what it is. Not my choice - but I can see situations where you might really want that.

Consider it is very small, dirt simple, and must be nearly unbreakable. Great trunk gun, pack gun for the back woods, back up shotgun, or a whole lot of other things.

I could live w/out the top rail, but really love the little rail under the barrel.
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote