SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:52   #1
Detectorist

Yep, let's legalize drugs...

http://myfox8.com/2012/02/03/photos-...ore-and-after/

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:00   #2
Ohio Copper

The people who scream the loudest for decriminalization are the furthest from having to deal with it.

Those on here who scream about the legalization of drugs and how it is unconstitutional have never had to tell parents that their 17 YO daughter overdosed and was found dead in a Walmart bathroom.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:49   #3
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
The people who scream the loudest for decriminalization are the furthest from having to deal with it.

Those on here who scream about the legalization of drugs and how it is unconstitutional have never had to tell parents that their 17 YO daughter overdosed and was found dead in a Walmart bathroom.

You could have stopped at unconstitutional. Beyond that your emotions are irrelevant.

Replace drugs with guns and tell me how it sounds.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30   #4
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Drugs are common and readily avalible, and easy enough to get. People will get them regardless of legality. People will say banning it keeps people from doing it, it doesn't. Your rather going to break the law and get it or you will care about your health and wellness and avoid it.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:49   #5
Detectorist

Murder is illegal yet relatively common here in the U.S.

Have the laws stopped murder? Should we legalize murder? If the standard for passing laws is total prevention, then nothing can be illegal, can it?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Detectorist; 01-08-2013 at 10:54..
Detectorist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:22   #6
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
Murder is illegal yet relatively common here in the U.S.

Have the laws stopped murder? Should we legalize murder? If the standard for passing laws is total prevention, then nothing can be illegal, can it?
The difference is murder is malum in se, ingesting a substance is malum prohibitum. There's a big difference between poisoning yourself and poisoning someone else.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47   #7
jp3975

Quote:

When I was 17 it was easier to get any given drug than alcohol or cigs. You had to have someone that was older buy those. No one carded for drugs.

I never tried drugs but knew plenty who did.

I wonder how many parents/familiy members have been called over a dead kid/relative due to the gang/cartel violence that comes with drugs being illegal?

How many 17 year olds die because they drove drunk? Ban alcohol?

I dont think the death tolls would go up if drugs where legalized. Most people know its bad for you and will kill you. Kids would have to get someone who's 21 to buy as opposed to just knowing who sells.

You'll always have some idiots who will do the harder stuff. Their funeral.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:20   #8
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
When I was 17 it was easier to get any given drug than alcohol or cigs. You had to have someone that was older buy those. No one carded for drugs.

I never tried drugs but knew plenty who did.

I wonder how many parents/familiy members have been called over a dead kid/relative due to the gang/cartel violence that comes with drugs being illegal?

How many 17 year olds die because they drove drunk? Ban alcohol?

I dont think the death tolls would go up if drugs where legalized. Most people know its bad for you and will kill you. Kids would have to get someone who's 21 to buy as opposed to just knowing who sells.

You'll always have some idiots who will do the harder stuff. Their funeral.
I was 6 the first time I got drunk. When I got older I would sneak alcohol every chance I could but you can only get away with that for so long. I started smoking weed and doing other drugs when I was 13 because they were easy to get but alcohol was always what I prefered. When I got my fake ID at 15 I went almost exclusively with drinking, smoking on occasion if it was going around at a party or such but I could take it or leave it.

I haven't had either since April 13 1993. If one of my kids was going to use one or the other and it was up to me to decide which it would be weed.
Old 01-08-2013, 13:59   #9
Harper

Quote:

The question isn't whether or not drugs are bad; it's whether or not drug laws have a positive or negative effect on health, liberty, violent crimes, property crimes, etc. It's a complex issue so more effort should be put into studying it using statistics. And we need to get people to think about it with comprehensive critical thinking.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 14:58   #10
Glocksanity

Quote:

Our family got a knock on the door by cops at 4 in the morning telling my parents their oldest daughter died in a a drunk driving car accident.

Should we try prohibition again?

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:52   #11
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:

credit to ohio. the most poingant post on drugs i've ever read. tragic, and informative.
Old 01-08-2013, 16:57   #12
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
credit to ohio. the most poingant post on drugs i've ever read. tragic, and informative.
Sycophant or easily moved individual?

If mj was legal, 17 years old teenagers would not be legally able to purchase it. Additionally, do you know how many 17 year old teens commit suicide with a gun? Let's ban guns too right?
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:59   #13
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Sycophant or easily moved individual?

If mj was legal, 17 years old teenagers would not be legally able to purchase it. Additionally, do you know how many 17 year old teens commit suicide with a gun? Let's ban guns too right?
coke isn't legal, neither are crank or heroin. how do 17 year olds get that?
Old 01-08-2013, 17:04   #14
jp3975

Quote:
Obviously because its illegal and no one cards for it.

Its easier for a kid to get coke than alcohol and cigs.

For a kid to get alcohol, he/she has to have a buddy who's 21.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:11   #15
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Long story short: The CIA sets up puppet regimes in other countries (e.g., Afghanistan) to grow the raw product. They then create a homeland "war on drugs" in order to militarize the police forces here in the uSA so as to eliminate the domestic productions of drugs (e.g., marijuana), which these domestic crops cut into the CIA's profit margin. Then you bring in wall street bankers and the ultra rich to launder the drug money. Then...

Oh wait... I said long story short huh? Sorry. The CIA, by proxy, sells the drugs to the 17 year old kids here in America.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-08-2013 at 17:11..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40   #16
RC-RAMIE

Quote:

How about www.leap.cc
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:58   #17
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:

Officer, would you mind telling us exactly how many times you've had to inform someone, that a loved one overdosed solely on marijuana?

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 01-10-2013 at 02:12..
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:13   #18
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post
Officer, would you mind telling us exactly how many times you've had to inform someone, that a loved one overdosed solely on marijuana?

Really? We've been discussing hard drugs for 9 pages now.

She OD'd on heroin mixed with a little bit of rat poison.

I haven't but a close friend informed the parents of a kid who died in a crash.

Only thing in his system was MJ.

Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:04   #19
Goodrich
Like a Sir

and yet it would happen weather its legal or not. just because some people don't know how to handle their sh** doesn't mean others should be punished who want to do drugs responsibly and recreationally and yet to allow cigarettes and alcohol is complete hypocrisy. same can be said with guns just because their are people who don't know howto properly handle guns doesn't mean everyone should be punished.

Last edited by Goodrich; 01-08-2013 at 03:05..
Goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:10   #20
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodrich View Post
and yet it would happen weather its legal or not. just because some people don't know how to handle their sh** doesn't mean others should be punished who want to do drugs responsibly and recreationally and yet to allow cigarettes and alcohol is complete hypocrisy. same can be said with guns just because their are people who don't know howto properly handle guns doesn't mean everyone should be punished.
agreed this country has lost its damn mind . where has personal responsibility gone ???

war on drugs ??EPIC FAIL

legal or not folks will do what they want . people want to go down that road of drugs then so be it . thats their f up

im getting real damn tired of this law or that law .we got enough stupid ass laws .

people are responsible for themselves . period

if the government found a way to make money on it , everything would be legal lol .

Last edited by *ASH*; 01-08-2013 at 03:13..
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote