Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:38   #1
chucky2

Gen4 G20 and G29 up on the Glock website

Happend to be on the Glock website tonight, saw that they'd updated the 10mm page to include the Gen4 G20 and G29:

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g20gen4

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g29gen4

Curious:

I noticed that the following measurements are different between the Gen3 G20/G20SF and Gen4 G20 (did not check out the G29 as not interested in that):

Length: 209mm, 204mm, 193mm (Gen3, Gen3SF, Gen4)

Width: In mm, same. In inches, Gen4 is .01 inches wider.

Barrel Height: 32mm, 32mm, 20mm (Gen3, Gen3SF, Gen4). I wonder if 20mm is a typo and should be 30mm, or if that is for real? I know almost nothing about firearm design, but, that seems like a significant unpublished change.

Barrel Length: In mm, same. In inches, Gen4 is .01 inches longer. Given the width change above, I wonder if this is an errata on the Gen4, or, was errata on the Gen3s and they corrected on the Gen4.

Unloaded Weight: 785g, 780g, 780g (Gen3, Gen3SF, Gen4).

That's it...just thought some was interesting.

Chuck
chucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54   #2
wvtarheel

the barrel height must be wrong. 30mm to 20mm, that is a reduction of 33% - I would be highly surprised if glock figured out a magical way to reduce the barrel size by that much and still have it fire a 10mm round.... if they did you would hear all about it. That is a typo.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
wvtarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24   #3
chucky2

That's what I'm thinking. I think I'll give Glock US a call today and let them know. Doesn't really matter to me (I'm getting a Gen4 G20) but it's nice when specs are accurate. I wonder if it was a finger flub or a mental flub, seeing as they're on the 20 page maybe they put in 20 mentally. Who knows...
Old 01-18-2013, 14:48   #4
21Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky2 View Post
That's what I'm thinking. I think I'll give Glock US a call today and let them know. Doesn't really matter to me (I'm getting a Gen4 G20) but it's nice when specs are accurate. I wonder if it was a finger flub or a mental flub, seeing as they're on the 20 page maybe they put in 20 mentally. Who knows...

You'll love the Gen 4 20. I've had mine since mid June. Great gun! I reload for mine and use home grown cast bullets as well in a 6" KKM barrel.
I just got some gas checks in that I will use in my hotter loads.
Looking to take a deer with it in the 2013 season.
21Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 14:52   #5
chucky2

Right now I'm waiting on my GSSF 2 year individual membership to get here. They charged me on Jan 7th and there is still nothing here (nothing in mail today either). I called before I registered and the guy I talked to (nice guy) said usually around 2 - 4 weeks. So I guess on average I'm at the halfway point this Monday...but man, it's killing me! Haha

I can't even go to GAT here to order the thing (I really doubt with the sales going like they are now, that they'll have on available) until I get the certificate that comes with the GSSF stuff. Grrrr....
Old 01-18-2013, 15:08   #6
21Glock

Quote:
Right now I'm waiting on my GSSF 2 year individual membership to get here. They charged me on Jan 7th and there is still nothing here (nothing in mail today either). I called before I registered and the guy I talked to (nice guy) said usually around 2 - 4 weeks. So I guess on average I'm at the halfway point this Monday...but man, it's killing me! Haha

I can't even go to GAT here to order the thing (I really doubt with the sales going like they are now, that they'll have on available) until I get the certificate that comes with the GSSF stuff. Grrrr....
I had a real quick turn around time on my GSSF Coupon. For the 2013 coupon from the time I e-mailed my info. to them at Glock HQ in Smyrna to getting it in the mail, 5-6 days.
Of course, I'm here in the ATL area, that helps too. ( I signed up in 2011 for two years)
I used my 2012 coupon to get my Gen 4 20 back in June, my 2013 coupon to get a new Gen 4 21 a few weeks ago. Both from Ed's Public Safety here in Ga.

I'm so thankful I don't live in NY or Calif. Both states are traitors to the 2nd Amendment.

Love my Glocks )))))

Last edited by 21Glock; 01-18-2013 at 15:12..
21Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 15:47   #7
chucky2

Well, it would not surprise me in the least to find some backroom deal uncovered here in Illinoisistan where firearm related mail was "misplaced" or something like that...who knows. Unfortunately Chicagostan has large influence in Illinoisistan, and worse yet, I'm in a suburb of Chicagostan and worse still, in the same county.

Prior to the insane NY legislation, I would have said at least things can't get much worse here, but, now I'll just keep my mouth shut on that...apperantly, they can always get worse...

Chuck
Old 01-18-2013, 20:50   #8
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Glock View Post

I'm so thankful I don't live in NY or Calif. Both states are traitors to the 2nd Amendment.

No doubt. I bought a gen 4 Glock last month. Walked in, presented my CWL, completed 4473 (no NICS call in Idaho for holders of a CWL), paid the bill, and off I went.

It took about 10 minutes. As it should be.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:12   #9
Mountain10mm

Besides the interchangeable grip on the Gen 4, what else changed from the G20 SF? Does the Gen 4 have the newer compound recoil spring? The bigger magazine release button?

Thanks.
Mountain10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 22:36   #10
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm View Post
Besides the interchangeable grip on the Gen 4, what else changed from the G20 SF? Does the Gen 4 have the newer compound recoil spring? The bigger magazine release button?

Thanks.
The Gen4 G20 has a dual recoil spring for the first time in the G20, and the more aggressive Gen4 grip texture, larger mag release (reversible) and the backstrap adapters. With no backstrap adapter installed, the G20 Gen4 grip has essentially the same dimensions as the Gen3 G20SF. Others have reported that the Gen4 G20 "feels" smaller than the G20SF in the hand, likely due to the uniform grip texture around the entire circumference of the grip.

Below is a good video review by GT member plouffedaddy and his related GT thread: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427691

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 01-25-2013 at 23:22..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02   #11
chucky2

I have on order a normal length 10mm->.40 KKM conversion barrel, and had that exact same question: Would it work in a Gen4 G20? I called KKM and the nice guy I talked to on the phone there told me that Yes, the .40 conversion barrel they have will work fine in a Gen4 G20. I did not ask about a 6" barrel as that's not what I was looking for.

I'd say give them a call to confirm, but, at least the stock length .40 conversion should be a drop in.

As far as the mags, what I've read is that the older mags will work OK, but I thought there was some qualifier attached to that like, the ambi mag release or something won't work in left hand mode. I'd say to research that some more, or, contact Glock.

EDIT: As far as getting to where I found the Gen4 10mm, just go to the main Glock US page, and click on Products. Then, on the next page you end up at (the Product page), click on Hunting. Should load right up for you.

Chuck

Last edited by chucky2; 01-31-2013 at 10:04..
Old 01-31-2013, 15:48   #12
MarineHawk

Quote:
I have on order a normal length 10mm->.40 KKM conversion barrel, and had that exact same question: Would it work in a Gen4 G20? I called KKM and the nice guy I talked to on the phone there told me that Yes, the .40 conversion barrel they have will work fine in a Gen4 G20. I did not ask about a 6" barrel as that's not what I was looking for.

I'd say give them a call to confirm, but, at least the stock length .40 conversion should be a drop in.

As far as the mags, what I've read is that the older mags will work OK, but I thought there was some qualifier attached to that like, the ambi mag release or something won't work in left hand mode. I'd say to research that some more, or, contact Glock.

EDIT: As far as getting to where I found the Gen4 10mm, just go to the main Glock US page, and click on Products. Then, on the next page you end up at (the Product page), click on Hunting. Should load right up for you.

Chuck
Thanks for the info Chuck. I'll call KKM to confirm about the barrels.
MarineHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 16:17   #13
6-b-kwik

guess a 29 is in my future!!!
G20 gen 3 NS and 6inch GB and 9x25 dillion 6inch
G29 OD compensated 9x25 dillion
6-b-kwik is offline   Reply With Quote