Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 14:59   #1
Brasso
Senior Member
 
Brasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Stranger in a strange land.
Posts: 8,739
May we please have an Atheist forum?

Every single thread on here lately is invaded by atheists. It's ridiculous. Look at the last dozen or so threads.

It's damned annoying.
__________________
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 15:08   #2
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 15,063


We are not "invading". We have an issue with religion so we are posting in RI just like you. And I wouldn't be so quick to go petitioning for multiple forums on religion (or the lack thereof) as the only reason why this forum exists at all is because Eric didn't want to see these debates in GNG. If you go tell him that you now need something else on top of this then it is likely that he would just shut down RI altogether and ban religious topics completely. Is that what you want?
__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now  
Old 01-29-2013, 15:44   #3
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 76 Totters Ln. London
Posts: 13,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
We are not "invading"
Yes you are. People want to discuss religion and you attack the very core of the subject as non existent.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28   #4
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
Yes you are. People want to discuss religion and you attack the very core of the subject as non existent.
So what gives religion some special status as non-debatable?

Either the ideas one puts out there are able to withstand criticism or they aren't.
Gunhaver is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 19:38   #5
Vic Hays
Senior Member
 
Vic Hays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: My home is in heaven
Posts: 11,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
We are not "invading". We have an issue with religion so we are posting in RI just like you. And I wouldn't be so quick to go petitioning for multiple forums on religion (or the lack thereof) as the only reason why this forum exists at all is because Eric didn't want to see these debates in GNG. If you go tell him that you now need something else on top of this then it is likely that he would just shut down RI altogether and ban religious topics completely. Is that what you want?

It is all a matter of semantics. You and some others are not "invading". What you are admitting to is just plain old "trolling". Having "an issue with" is not really the same as discussing.
__________________
Vic Hays

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 15:08   #6
Cream Soda Kid
Senior Member
 
Cream Soda Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Every single thread on here lately is invaded by atheists. It's ridiculous. Look at the last dozen or so threads.

It's damned annoying.
Yes it is annoying. If there were real discussions that would be one thing, but there isnít. Just the same old vitriol. Iíll check in here and read a thread or two once in a while, but most of the time it just isnít worth it.
Cream Soda Kid is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 15:22   #7
9jeeps
Fogey
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: at the end of the road
Posts: 4,397
I would love to see you atheist on your own forum. I'll bet that would be a hoot!
Why? Because there is no such thing as an Atheist and never will be.

The Bible already tells us, "Every knee will bow. Every Tongue confess, Jesus Christ is Lord."

So far the Bible is 100% correct in telling what has happened and what is to come.
__________________
FOGEY
Trying to make
sense of it all.

Last edited by 9jeeps; 01-29-2013 at 15:23..
9jeeps is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 15:55   #8
Leigh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 5,741


I would just as soon see half of the GT forums eliminated, the religion forum being one of them.

Of course, if you don't like it then don't click on it...which is why I choose to not visit certain sub-forums.

That said, my spirtiual views are discussed and shared with my family, like-minded people, and my church. Period.

Wearing your religious beliefs on your sleeve is inviting nothing but trouble from complete strangers on a website and makes otherwise sensible adults, appear as fools.

Last edited by Leigh; 01-29-2013 at 15:57..
Leigh is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 15:59   #9
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 30,469


Lots of serious insecurity on both sides.
__________________
The West is the Best.
Berto is online now  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:16   #10
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!
 
Arc Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 10,956
Blog Entries: 55
YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Quite frankly I've thought for awhile, now, that a forum for devil worshippers might be a perfect on-line, 'playpen' for the majority of these badly confused, and (I think) often deliberately misleading fellows.

They remind me of, 'party crashers'. The unfailing impression I get from much of the correspondence I've had with them is that if they have no personal sense of joy within themselves then they, sure as Hell, don't want you or me to have any hope in our hearts - either!

I mean, would you or I incessantly break-in, or interrupt a forum full of devil worshipers in order to spew invectives, or add your own two, 'miserable cents'? Believe me, I have no desire, whatsoever, to remind any of these people that they're, all, going to Hell. (Let 'um go where they will!)



The Lord God - speaking through the Prophet Moses in the 30th chapter of Deuteronomy - grants all men the right to choose either a good, or an evil outcome for their own lives. God will only hold out His Hand to fallen mankind for only a little while longer. The time for divine mercy is rapidly passing.

OK, if the other guy insists upon sticking his fingers in his ears, and closing his eyes to the numerous universal proofs-of-God which exist all around us, then, I say, 'Ignorance is bliss!' What the Hell; just let 'um go! I feel no compelling desire, or need, to interrupt each and every conversation these fellows engage in so that they might be exposed to The Truth. (What for? It ain't in them - Yes!)

(I, often, don't even bother to reply to these people because, as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, I already know that Christ, Himself, is going to reply to them for me!)

In fact I was musing to myself, this morning, that many of these increasingly intrusive and exceedingly verbose so-called, 'atheists' might, indeed, not believe in God, and strongly prefer to ignore Him. However, I'll just bet that many of these very same people, perversely, believe in the existence of evil, and covet Satan the devil in their hearts.

(They would have to because on the one hand Sacred Scripture states, 'The fool hath said in his heart: 'There is no God.' On the other hand Christ, also, said, 'He who is not for Me is against Me.'

Consequently, I'm just as happy to let any, or all, of these foolish and genuinely hopeless people go their own way. I'm a good Christian; I'm a good gunman; but I'm, also, a largely indifferent missionary. I might pull a drowning man out of the water; but, if he jumps right back in again, hey, he's on his own. (We're, all, 'big boys' here - Right!)

Last edited by Arc Angel; 01-29-2013 at 16:18..
Arc Angel is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 19:54   #11
Altaris
Senior Member
 
Altaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 12,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post

OK, if the other guy insists upon sticking his fingers in his ears, and closing his eyes to the numerous universal proofs-of-God which exist all around us, then, I say, 'Ignorance is bliss!'
Can you point to a single one of these 'universal proofs' so that I can see them? Has anyone tested and verified them?

I think the big misconception is that we non-believers want religion to be false. My wants and desires are completely irrelevant in the face of evidence. Evidence trumps my wishes 100% of the time.

I never close my ears or eyes. I am open to everything out there, as long as it is true. I want to know the truth, that is all. I don't care what the truth actually is, I just want to know it, and I want to see the evidence that backs it up. I just can't base my life and my entire existence on something with no evidence.
__________________
To Alcohol !
The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems
-Homer Simpson-

Last edited by Altaris; 01-29-2013 at 19:55..
Altaris is online now  
Old 01-29-2013, 21:37   #12
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,951
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Believe me, I have no desire, whatsoever, to remind any of these people that they're, all, going to Hell. (Let 'um go where they will!)
This statement would be believable coming from just about anybody else on the forum. You appear to delight, more than anybody else, in telling non-Christians that they are destined for hell.

Not only that, you point out that God laughs about what He is going to do to the wicked as should the righteous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Did you know that The Lord laughs about what He is going to do to the wicked (Psalms 2:1-12; 37:12-13). He does; and the righteous should laugh with Him (Ps 52:1-7; 58:6-11).
-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45   #13
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Quite frankly I've thought for awhile, now, that a forum for devil worshippers might be a perfect on-line, 'playpen' for the majority of these badly confused, and (I think) often deliberately misleading fellows.

They remind me of, 'party crashers'. The unfailing impression I get from much of the correspondence I've had with them is that if they have no personal sense of joy within themselves then they, sure as Hell, don't want you or me to have any hope in our hearts - either!

I mean, would you or I incessantly break-in, or interrupt a forum full of devil worshipers in order to spew invectives, or add your own two, 'miserable cents'? Believe me, I have no desire, whatsoever, to remind any of these people that they're, all, going to Hell. (Let 'um go where they will!)



The Lord God - speaking through the Prophet Moses in the 30th chapter of Deuteronomy - grants all men the right to choose either a good, or an evil outcome for their own lives. God will only hold out His Hand to fallen mankind for only a little while longer. The time for divine mercy is rapidly passing.

OK, if the other guy insists upon sticking his fingers in his ears, and closing his eyes to the numerous universal proofs-of-God which exist all around us, then, I say, 'Ignorance is bliss!' What the Hell; just let 'um go! I feel no compelling desire, or need, to interrupt each and every conversation these fellows engage in so that they might be exposed to The Truth. (What for? It ain't in them - Yes!)

(I, often, don't even bother to reply to these people because, as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, I already know that Christ, Himself, is going to reply to them for me!)

In fact I was musing to myself, this morning, that many of these increasingly intrusive and exceedingly verbose so-called, 'atheists' might, indeed, not believe in God, and strongly prefer to ignore Him. However, I'll just bet that many of these very same people, perversely, believe in the existence of evil, and covet Satan the devil in their hearts.

(They would have to because on the one hand Sacred Scripture states, 'The fool hath said in his heart: 'There is no God.' On the other hand Christ, also, said, 'He who is not for Me is against Me.'

Consequently, I'm just as happy to let any, or all, of these foolish and genuinely hopeless people go their own way. I'm a good Christian; I'm a good gunman; but I'm, also, a largely indifferent missionary. I might pull a drowning man out of the water; but, if he jumps right back in again, hey, he's on his own. (We're, all, 'big boys' here - Right!)

I just wanted to say that when posts like this are floating around and Doc feels compelled to only razz the atheists for what they think they know...

Priceless.
Gunhaver is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:04   #14
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 15,063


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I just wanted to say that when posts like this are floating around and Doc feels compelled to only razz the atheists for what they think they know...

Priceless.
He'll be along shortly to claim that he rarely (if ever) encounters theists being unreasonable and/or claiming infallible knowledge.
__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20   #15
Roering
Sorting nuts
 
Roering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,690
I can't believe I would ever say this but I agree with Brasso on this one.

I used to enjoy the forum and have meaningful discussions while both sharing my faith and learning about the finer points of others. I stopped taking this forum seriously some time ago and really don't post here all that often anymore. One can only talk about evolution so much.

It's a lot like JBnTX said.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Warranty voiding

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:58   #16
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 42,688


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
He'll be along shortly to claim that he rarely (if ever) encounters theists being unreasonable and/or claiming infallible knowledge.
What I rarely encounter is a theist who has a problem with my views. They think there is, I think there might be one or more, maybe not. That's not a point that seems to be a problem with most theists. But point out that an atheist, by definition, has made a choice in what to believe, and there are all sorts of opportunities to discuss it.

I think most of the theists problems with the forum is not that there are believers of another version of the beginning here, but how that is expressed. The perfect example is on page two of GTRI, title includes "Jan 13". For some it's a predatory ambush location.
Cavalry Doc is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48   #17
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 42,688


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I just wanted to say that when posts like this are floating around and Doc feels compelled to only razz the atheists for what they think they know...

Priceless.
GH, if you'll search, every theist who has gotten on my case has been engaged by me with the same level of politeness they show me. I'm an equal opportunity kind of a guy. Maybe you don't understand the agnostic point of view. I have no problems with theists believing there is a god, or atheists believing there isn't. That's simply a choice people make with faith. If they think I'm going to hell, I'm not convinced I am. Besides, I think his rant was aimed at atheists, not agnostics.

The fact that you are even offended that some guy is telling you that you will go to a place you don't believe exists might indicate something. What do you think it means?
Cavalry Doc is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:47   #18
cesaros
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: next to USMC03Grunt
Posts: 867
athiests are just attention whores.
__________________
The 1st and 2nd Amendments:

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.
cesaros is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 17:14   #19
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 6,269
I thought this was the Atheist forum?
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 17:20   #20
Lone Wolf8634
:):
 
Lone Wolf8634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Under the bus
Posts: 6,549
Awwww. Poor li'l fellers.

Yer feelers all hurt 'n stuff.
__________________
"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self esteem, be sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by A-holes." - William Gibson

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:01.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,133
347 Members
786 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31