SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2013, 22:04   #1
BBauer927
Florida Glocker

Range time with Glock, AK, and HK

Wow had an amazing day at the local outdoor range! Had a whole pavilion to ourselves for our shooting fun.

Got some good work on the new Glock 23 Gen4. Put another 100 rounds of perfection throught it. Used some Winchesters. Man it shoots like a friggin dream. Accuracy is so impressive. Littered a tiny paper plate with bullet holes at 16.5 yards, double tapping with the follow up shots.

Then the real fun came

Attachment 230938

Got to shoot the Saiga AK47 too. To say that thing was amazing is an understatement. Blasting clay discs on the hill 50 yards away.

Next got to shoot the HK 93 .556. Didn't take pic at range but this was from before we left. (Note: no rounds are loaded in mag)

Attachment 230939

Was also a blast to shoot. Especially with the red dot tactical sight was able to lock in dead on to whatever you pleased. Was amazed however at how heavy the front of the rifle was. At first was having a hell of a time trying to keep the beast steady! Mad props to the soldiers that carry and shoot those weapons every day to protect our nation.

As we cleaned up from a great day at the range we had one last pleasure to enjoy. A gentlemen set up next to us on the 300 yard range with a .50 caliber sniper rifle, even had his own scout.

Attachment 230940

That bad boy is so powerful it took the air out of our lungs when it was fired. And if we didn't have ears on we would assuredly be deaf. Amazing power

Here's to hoping every day at the range is as fun and exciting as this one! Happy and safe shooting everyone

NRA Member

Last edited by BBauer927; 05-27-2013 at 14:55..
BBauer927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35   #2
zbomb

Finger on the trigger, inside a building, while watching tv.... Good work.
zbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:17   #3
BenjiEDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbomb View Post
Yeah.. I hate to be another safety sally but I agree. Remember that perception is reality and the picture can be used out of context. I believe you were being safe, but the photo is not doing anyone any good. Also you repeat a couple times that there is no ammo in the magazine... who cares? is there one in the chamber? The greatest majority of negligent discharges come from a gun with the magazine removed.

btw I dryfire practice at home also and I really do think you were being safe, it's just the photo that can be taken out of context that I don't like.

"Life is good" ~Hickok45

Last edited by BenjiEDF; 02-03-2013 at 13:19..
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 14:15   #4
RBid

Quote:

When I do dry-fire practice, I clear my weapon, load snap-caps, and put my finger on the trigger. I do so indoors, and the TV is often on.

I assume that you either eschew dry-fire, or that you do it outdoors, TV off, finger off the trigger, pointed at the ground?
Old 02-03-2013, 15:46   #5
zbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBid View Post
When I do dry-fire practice, I clear my weapon, load snap-caps, and put my finger on the trigger. I do so indoors, and the TV is often on.

I assume that you either eschew dry-fire, or that you do it outdoors, TV off, finger off the trigger, pointed at the ground?

My dry fire drills are done in a concrete walled basement with a cleared weapon and no ammo, TV, radio or kids or anything else that could be considered a distraction in the area. If your watching tv while doing dry fire drills, your doing it wrong. Try concentrating on what the hell your doing when it comes to weapon handling. And practice without the distraction of TV

Every excuse of why it was ok in this situation to have a finger inside a trigger guard has probably been said following a ND. The picture looks like unsafe handling of a firearm and if your saying differently, take another safety course.
zbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:45   #6
BBauer927
Florida Glocker

Quote:
You obviously cannot read. I stated NO AMMO IN MAG. Is it unsafe to hold a hunk of metal while in doors? Cuz that's all it is when there is no ammo in it. You guys here are so ridiculous. Im trying to share a good time with my fellow gun enthusiasts and all you can do is ***** and moan and tighten your safety patrol sash. I'm not wearing ear protection or eye protection either. Surprised that didn't ruffle your feathers.

And next time I'm at an indoor LGS (which that never happens) and salesman says go ahead and test the trigger pull (after checking multiple times to make sure firearm is completely clear) I will respectfully decline because apparently that puts people's panties in a bunch (referring to your panties)

NRA Member
Old 02-03-2013, 11:56   #7
BBauer927
Florida Glocker

So next time a friend wants to show another friend a firearm that he just purchased and took out of the box minutes before the responsible friend should say "no! That is unsafe, put that unloaded never fired before firearm back in the box and we have to drive to an outdoor range, obtain a membership if we don't have one, and then I can look at your gun.

NRA Member
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25   #8
jellis11
Yippee-ki-yay

Attitudes won't get you very far. Especially if someone is giving safety advice. I'm sure it was not meant to be rude, but meant as a "hey, you should keep your finger off the trigger and be safe so you don't shoot your wife in the face while she is making you a sandwich in the next room."

Other than that I'm glad you had a great day at the range!

Last edited by jellis11; 02-03-2013 at 12:56..
jellis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36   #9
BBauer927
Florida Glocker

Yes of course the golden rule. I'm usually super Anal when it comes to gun safety, I guess i let my safety guard down some when you see a new gun fresh out of the box with no ammo in the house, knowing very well no NDs or ADs will occur. Atleast I had 2 out of 3 on the list. But it only takes once for an accident so 3 out of 3 should always be used especially if you are posting the darn picture.

NRA Member
Old 02-03-2013, 12:43   #10
Made in Austria

Sounds like you had too much fun! Where is your AR at? Don't tell me you have no AR! Lol
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51   #11
Made in Austria

You safety gods are hilarious. I am all for safety, but some of you guys go too far. I'll bet you guys just want to show off on how safe you are and how good you are in handling guns. He already stated that his gun was clear. So what about dry fire drills at home or an function check after cleaning. How to you wanna do this without finger on the TRIGGER/PULLING the TRIGGER?

Last edited by Made in Austria; 02-03-2013 at 13:17..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:02   #12
BBauer927
Florida Glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
You safety gods are hilarious. I am all for safety, but some of you guys go too far. I'll bet you guys just want to show off on how safe you are and how good you are in handling guns. He already stated that his gun was clear. So what about dry fire drills at home or an function check after cleaning. How to you wanna do this without finger on the trigger/pulling the trigger?
Lmao thank you for the backup! Yes just trying to have some fun and the safety gods brought their wrath down on me. Great point on dry fires too, guess I should do that outside as well and make sure there is no dangerous criminal TV sets lurking around when handling a gun.

NRA Member
Old 02-03-2013, 13:24   #13
BBauer927
Florida Glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiEDF View Post
Yeah.. I hate to be another safety sally but I agree. Remember that perception is reality and the picture can be used out of context. I believe you were being safe, but the photo is not doing anyone any good. Also you repeat a couple times that there is no ammo in the magazine... who cares? is there one in the chamber? The greatest majority of negligent discharges come from a gun with the magazine removed.
I agree from looking at the picture without prior knowledge of the situation it looks like a huge safety violation. For that I take full fault on. And I agree that alot of NDs happen with mag out and the idiots forgot to check/clear the chamber. As you said perception is key and no one can know the pre cautions or pre existing conditions that took place before the picture was taken. You can't tell from pic that the mag is empty, that the gun just came new out of box (so unless they manufacture and deliver guns with one loaded in the chamber then we should be safe there), that as we looked over the new purchase we obviously ran through the chamber and other components multiple times before it was ever raised, and that their is no ammo in the house that can even accidentally jump in the chamber.

NRA Member
Old 02-03-2013, 16:49   #14
RBid

Zbomb,

I am in the habit of clearing weapons every time I touch them. If I set one down next to me, and pick it up again, I clear it. Each and every time, without fail, no exceptions. It is only after I do this, with a firearm remaining in hand, and a snap cap chambered (I do not dry fire on empty chambers) that I practice. When I have the TV on, it is with a purpose: I use the movement to practice tracking with my front site. I am not watching a program, as such.

You may flame away, sir. I am OK with that. Just know that the person you're flaming has been teased repeatedly because I have set a cleared weapon down, action open, then picked it up, checked the chamber, dropped the slide, and subsequently chamber checked it again-- repeatedly. I can't 'turn off' the habit.

Have a happy Sunday, sir.