Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38   #1
Vic777
Senior Member
 
Vic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,562
The "gun problem" is a "black problem"

If you take blacks out of the equation, what are the statistics?
If you take drug dealers out of the equation, what are the statistics?
__________________
"It's Tom Dwan's World, we just live in it"
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:49   #2
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,125
In before the lock!

The gun problem is NOT a black problem, it's a social problem that affects everyone.

Trying to blame the problem on any one race is just simply wrong.

We've kicked God out of our society and embraced every deviant behavior known to man, and as a result we now have a society where anything goes and we no longer have respect for each other, or anything.

Life has been cheapened by TV and movie violence, and by video games that glorify killing and violence. Most of the population is addicted to chemicals in one form or another. The rest are just simply pissed off at the world.

Illegal drugs are a MAJOR problem in this country and fuel most of the violence and gun crimes, yet most Americans want more drugs legalized. Figure that one out.

The gang/hip hop culture is another problem that is completely out of control and being tolerated by lawmakers and the general population.

When you tell your children that they're descended from apes and that they're no different than animals, then they go out and act like animals.

Today, the easiest way out of life's complex problems is drugs.
If drugs don't solve your problem, then grab a gun.

That's what we've trained our society to do.

Personal responsibility is an outdated concept and your problems are always the fault of someone else. You deal with that by walking in to some place and opening fire with a gun.

People get the government they deserve.
It seems that they also get the society they deserve.

..

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-19-2013 at 08:04..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53   #3
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post


Illegal drugs are a MAJOR problem in this country and fuel most of the violence and gun crimes, yet most Americans want more drugs legalized. Figure that one out.
Most of us have figured that one out. It's called "prohibition doesn't work" and it applies to guns and drugs and sex stuff and food and anything else you can think of that people really want. You seem to be one of the few here that really thinks the war on drugs has been a stunning success. How many tax dollars should we spend on fighting drugs this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
When you tell your children that they're descended from apes and that they're no different than animals, then they go out and act like animals.


..
Exactly which animals will they act like? I'm quite well versed in zoology and animal behavior and neither my evolution teaching ex-wife nor my evolution teaching current girlfriend had children that acted like any animals. I would have to say that their behavior is quit human like.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:29   #4
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post

...You seem to be one of the few here that really thinks the war on drugs has been a stunning success. How many tax dollars should we spend on fighting drugs this year?

The so called war on drugs has been an utter disaster, because you don't fight a war with compassion, education and training.

In a real war on drugs we'd have already parked an aircraft carrier off the coast of Columbia and burned their drug crop to cinders.

You make distribution, possession and use of illegal drugs a capital offense and watch the drug trade dry up overnight.

Drugs are destroying this country and it's past time we declared a real war on the druggies and destroy them before they destroy us.


Exactly which animals will they act like?...

They act like animals in the sense that they have no respect for other life. Their needs come first, no matter the cost.
Just because the war on drugs has been a failure, doesn't mean we just give up and legalize them.

We fight harder.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31   #5
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Just because the war on drugs has been a failure, doesn't mean we just give up and legalize them.

We fight harder.
At an absolute minimum, you'd at least have to concede that we need to rethink strategy.
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:39   #6
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
At an absolute minimum, you'd at least have to concede that we need to rethink strategy.
Most definitely!

The druggies always bring up alcohol prohibition as an excuse for just giving up on the drug problem.

Imagine if the government would have just fought harder and succeeded in keeping alcohol illegal. Just think of the lives and families that would have been saved.

For that reason we cannot give up on drugs just because it may appear that we're losing the battle. Have we become a nation of losers, who quit when the going gets tough?

The illegal drug trade in this country is the primary cause of the gun and gang violence we have. Get a handle on drugs and the gun problem, crime problem and gang problem will solve its self.

We can't just give up because a few pot heads want to get high. Obviously they have no respect for the lives of others, and just want their own needs fulfilled.

..

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-19-2013 at 09:42..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:35   #7
Syclone538
Senior Member
 
Syclone538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
...
You make distribution, possession and use of illegal drugs a capital offense and watch the drug trade dry up overnight.
...
I think that is as likely to make law enforcement go away as it is to make the drug trade go away. do lot rbi quan lot nam goi cam xe day cho be vay lien cong so nu ban buon cho thue trang phuc bieu dien
__________________
Some people want freedom, even for those they disagree with, and some don't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
...
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
...

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:45..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:42   #8
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,732


Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Just because the war on drugs has been a failure, doesn't mean we just give up and legalize them.

We fight harder.
On what Constitutional authority?
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14   #9
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
On what Constitutional authority?
Interstate Commerce Clause - the engine by which all federal laws are passed.
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:08   #10
Glocksanity
Senior Member
 
Glocksanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, Man, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Just because the war on drugs has been a failure, doesn't mean we just give up and legalize them.

We fight harder.
Um, yeah. Prohibition was an utter failure. So it was changed and worked out fine.

Time to do that with marijuana.
__________________
G21~G26~G30~G34

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 23:42   #11
98LS-WON
Senior Member
 
98LS-WON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lacey, WA
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Just because the war on drugs has been a failure, doesn't mean we just give up and legalize them.

We fight harder.
So we shouldn't have ended Prohibition and fought the gangs harder?
98LS-WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 00:34   #12
FloridaGun
-> 10mm <-
 
FloridaGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98LS-WON View Post
So we shouldn't have ended Prohibition and fought the gangs harder?
Yes.

If prohibition was successful, our society would be better for it.

Most people have a subconscious death drive and will destroy themselves with anything they can get their hands on.

It would of been one less self-destructive tool available.
__________________
10mm - The All-Purpose Round

-FloridaGlockers #500 -Kalashnikov Klub #51

GOA and NRA Lifetime Member

Last edited by FloridaGun; 02-28-2013 at 00:35..
FloridaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 00:29   #13
FloridaGun
-> 10mm <-
 
FloridaGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Just because the war on drugs has been a failure, doesn't mean we just give up and legalize them.

We fight harder.
__________________
10mm - The All-Purpose Round

-FloridaGlockers #500 -Kalashnikov Klub #51

GOA and NRA Lifetime Member
FloridaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:30   #14
Snowman92D
Senior Member
 
Snowman92D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I'm quite well versed in zoology and animal behavior and neither my evolution teaching ex-wife nor my evolution teaching current girlfriend had children that acted like any animals. I would have to say that their behavior is quit human like.
Based on your prior behavior here, it's pretty safe to assume you're not telling the truth...but if your assorted womenfolk are "teaching" why don't you have them pay their own way instead of helping them to leech off the gov't...i.e. "the rest of us", for their needs?
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:07   #15
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Based on your prior behavior here, it's pretty safe to assume you're not telling the truth...but if your assorted womenfolk are "teaching" why don't you have them pay their own way instead of helping them to leech off the gov't...i.e. "the rest of us", for their needs?
Ask me how much I care if you think I'm telling the truth. The guy that commented right before you is advocating that drug and alcohol users be executed by the government and you decided to harp on my interview fib yet again? One can only assume that you agree with his point more than mine. That's pretty telling.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:16   #16
TX OMFS
Lifetime Membership
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Ask me how much I care if you think I'm telling the truth.
Enough to get mad and respond? Just sayin'
__________________
“Men do not differ much about what things they call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable.” - G. K. Chesterton

Last edited by TX OMFS; 02-19-2013 at 23:17..
TX OMFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01   #17
pugman
Senior Member
 
pugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,221
Gun violence isn’t a “black thing.”

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_06.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/dea...10_release.pdf

First, guns kill a lot of people but in the grand scheme of things they don’t. The CDC’s statistics (with ironically seemed more detailed then the FBI’s) showed 16,065 homicides in 2010 (The data wasn’t available until 10/10/2012). Guns accounted for about 70% of these deaths. For the record Parkinson’s killed about 7,000 more. There were over twice as many suicides and the flu killed over 3 times as many. In other words, twice as many people wanted to kill themselves than others – this alone should say something. Alcoholism killed more people than guns.

You could argue gun violence is a “urban thing.”

Based on the CDC data, almost 60 percent of U.S. firearm homicides occur in the 62 cities of the country’s 50 largest metros. However, only 27 percent of suicides do.

As for black vs. white for some reason they didn’t supply stats for 2010 but for 2008 blacks were 5 times more likely to be the victim of homicide but whites were about 3 times more likely to kill themselves. One reason given for no longer providing this information was the inconsistency in reporting racial statistics on birth and death certificates.

You would think people would be more concerned about infant mortality rates as it relates to race-blacks rates are over twice as high.

One thing you need to be careful of in the media is when they quote "gun related deaths" vs "gun related homicides."
__________________
Now when asked when I think things will change I answer "The next time Thomas (aka the fed) robs Peter (aka the 53%) to pay Paul (aka the 47%) and Peter pulls a gun...things will change"

Last edited by pugman; 02-19-2013 at 10:09..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 14:18   #18
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post
Definition of insanity: Keep doing what you have been doing and expect different results.

Except for moonshiners, who we've had at least as far back as George Washington and still have today, crime associated with beverage alcohol largely dried up after Prohibition ended.

If recreational drugs which are presently illegal were made legal in the same way alcohol was (re)legalized, why would the result be significantly different?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Well, the mafia didn't quit killing people when prohibition ended. What would be the basis of a theory that drug dealers would quit killing people if drugs were legalized?
Would they quit being sociopaths?
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:36   #19
English
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London
Posts: 5,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Well, the mafia didn't quit killing people when prohibition ended. What would be the basis of a theory that drug dealers would quit killing people if drugs were legalized?
Would they quit being sociopaths?
That was because they had been able to build large wealthy criminal organizations with the profits of supplying alcohol during prohibition. They then used those facilities to expand into different criminal activities. Like any business, large scale crime needs finance and organization.

So what is being done now is expanding the scope of criminal business even further. Since we have demonstrated that we cannot win the war on drugs we have two policy choices. We can starve the drug suppliers of income by providing cheap drugs to users and use the money and wealth that has gone into that to fight violent crime ruthlessly. Alternatively we can completely change our tactics and start aiming our activity against drug users. Once well to do and important people start being imprisoned for buying or possessing cocaine and so on, consumption would drop rapidly and drug dealing would drop with it. This too will starve the criminal suppliers of income. This won't stop drug dealing but it would greatly reduce it. It won't happen because it would cost too many votes!

English

Last edited by English; 02-20-2013 at 06:46..
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 13:08   #20
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Well, the mafia didn't quit killing people when prohibition ended. What would be the basis of a theory that drug dealers would quit killing people if drugs were legalized?
Would they quit being sociopaths?
Your argument defeats itself.

The mafia didn't quit killing people when ALCOHOL prohibition ended...because prohibition didn't end. When alcohol became legal that area instantly became unprofitable to them, but prohibition was still going on in other areas - gambling, drugs and prostitution being big ones. They just moved on to other black markets caused by other forms of prohibition. Rather than refuting the prohibition/legalization argument, you prove it.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet - you will never learn to shoot here.
- Me, 2014.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 529
120 Members
409 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31