Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-12-2013, 22:05   #1
mack0311

Need help picking a supressor

So i've decided to take the jump into NFA land and go get a suppressor. My trust is all set, just need to make up my dang mind already.

Got it narrowed down between an AAC M4-2000 and a 7 SDN-6.
I own several 5.56 AR's, however I do not own a 30 caliber gun as of yet, nor do I have plans to in the immediate future(bolt gun maybe?) Can you advise me on how much i'd be loosing performance wise going with the SDN-6 over the M42K? I suppose it'd be nice to have the ability down the road to shoot .308, but right now i'm feeling like i'd rather have a can that suppresses one caliber very well rather than several just OK. I guess there is the size/weight (one inch and an ounce or two difference) as well. This isn't the only suppressor I'll ever buy, just looking for someone to give me a good shove in the right direction.
Feel like either way I'm gonna wake up with buyer's remorse on this one. 1st world problems for sure. Good news is I get full visitation rights from the dealer I'm buying it from which means I get to shoot whatever can I choose at their range as I please till the tax stamp comes in.
mack0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 22:46   #2
WoodenPlank
Who?

Performance will be about the same, I believe.

AAC also has a new generation of cans coming out soon, the SR-5 (5.56) and SR-7 (.30 bore) with a new generation of mounts to go with it. AAC has pulled them off the website, though, so that doesn't bode well for release window - which was originally supposed to be a year ago.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:18   #3
mack0311

So given similar performance, in my situation(excluding the SR-5 and SR-7 cause they are not available now or any time soon) which one would you choose?
mack0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59   #4
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack0311 View Post
So given similar performance, in my situation(excluding the SR-5 and SR-7 cause they are not available now or any time soon) which one would you choose?
Personally, I'd go for the SDN-6, since it opens the options for 300 Blackout and .308 later on, not just 5.56.
Old 03-13-2013, 14:46   #5
MaximaDrvr

I went through a class with a guy running the SDN-6 on his 11.5" AR. I would have called it hearing safe. You don't loose anything because of the larger volume, but you gain compatibility with other calibers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Students for Concealed Carry State Director

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MaximaDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:00   #6
DeLo

a 556 can will always work better on a 556 rifle than a 30 caliber can.

Last edited by DeLo; 03-20-2013 at 12:03..
DeLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7 sdn-6, aac, m4-2000, silencer, suppressor