Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:22   #1
Jaegergirl
Proud2BAmerican

thanks to the recent discussion about snakes....

i had to "convince" ;f my husband that we needed to add some snakes to our zoo.

here are our latest additions... a female and male ball python (they are 3 months old)
Woof Memorial Critter's Corner

these are pictures from the breeder. we've purchased them but they won't arrive until the week of the 22nd (my husband is taking that week off and he'll be here when they get delivered).

i'll post more pictures of our set up and of the snakes when we get them.

Ohio Glockers #68
In memory of my brother, Rick
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Proud parent of a Young Marine.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Jaegergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:17   #2
lucky8926

You just have to rub it in that you are going to have yours before I get mine!! I'm still trying to get my stupid temp/humidity problem figured out. I'm not going to get one until everything is perfect. What breeder did you go through? Those are really nice looking BP's!!^c

IT'S A 10MM THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!
lucky8926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:30   #3
Jaegergirl
Proud2BAmerican

Quote:
Originally posted by lucky8926
You just have to rub it in that you are going to have yours before I get mine!! I'm still trying to get my stupid temp/humidity problem figured out. I'm not going to get one until everything is perfect. What breeder did you go through? Those are really nice looking BP's!!^c
well, YOU were the one who started a thread about snakes which peaked my interest into getting some again... so it's all you're fault. ;f ;f ;f

i'm not sure who the breeder is. i'll have to ask the hubby (he found him and made all the arrangements). i think he's somewhere in PA.

right now we're just trying to decide where to put them. my mother-in-law, who babysits for us every wednesday when i go to work, said she wouldn't come over if we had snakes in the house, so we can't have them set up "in the open."
Ohio Glockers #68
Old 11-13-2004, 12:33   #4
lucky8926

LOL I'm glad to see that thanks to me 2 snakes have a new home, and the best kind of home..one where guns live too!!

Old 11-13-2004, 21:31   #5
fade2black
USMC Veteran

Wow, those are some nice balls ;f Oh yeah, those are the one's we are getting.

They are coming from Mark Kennedy www.marksherps.com Nice guy and as some very nice BP morphs too.
Old 11-14-2004, 00:32   #6
lucky8926

Thanks for the link!!

Old 11-14-2004, 06:46   #7
Dandapani

Good choice, ball python. When my youngest son wanted a snake his mother did some research. She wanted a snake that wouldn't get big enough to eat our cats. The ball python shouldn't get longer than about 4 feet. It will just get a bit thick, but shouldn't eat your cats.
Florida Glockers, Wheelhouse, S&W, Snubbie #940
Dandapani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 19:32   #8
Jaegergirl
Proud2BAmerican

they're here

the snakes arrived this morning, safe and sound.

here's the male (the female was hiding so i couldn't get a picture of her).

here are their tanks...

and here's the whole setup. "dinner" is living on the last shelf ;f ...

we purchased a male rat are going to get a female so they can "make" snake food for us rather than having to spend the $$ at the pet store all the time, at least for now. my husband is the one who's researching all this stuff but if anyone has some tips or suggestions, i'd love to hear them.
Ohio Glockers #68
Old 11-23-2004, 22:24   #9
lucky8926

Nice looking snakes and setup!! I forgot to mention that I got my BP. I tried to feed him his first meal tonight and as I expected he didn't eat:( Here are some pics of him and his "home" I have shortened his overly tall hide on the left since this pic was taken.

His home

Here's Chief

Last edited by lucky8926; 11-23-2004 at 22:27..
Old 11-23-2004, 22:47   #10
Jaegergirl
Proud2BAmerican

wow, nice digs! nice looking bp as well. eventually our snakes will get a bigger home, but for now, what we have will have to do.
Ohio Glockers #68
Old 11-30-2004, 01:44   #11
lucky8926

I got pretty lucky he isn't a "trouble eater" He ate tonight, only 2 weeks after his regular feed day. I figured out why he wouldn't eat last week, he was getting ready to shed. I'll tell you what he is quick!! I was moving the F/T rat about 4" in front of him (with tongs of course) and before I knew it he had it all wrapped up. It scared the crap out of me!!

Old 11-30-2004, 10:01   #12
fade2black
USMC Veteran

Both of ours ate on Sunday, less than a week after getting them. Put a F/T adult mouse in with each and they were both eating within 5 minutes. The female ate hers butt first so it took a little longer to get it down ;f Looks like both of them will be good eaters for us. They were eating fresh killed from the breeder, so I thought I would have a harder time getting them on F/T, but it was very easy.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:29   #13
lucky8926

Mine was eating fresh killed at the breeders too, I would have to say we both got pretty lucky to not get trouble eaters!!