Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-05-2006, 22:06   #1
hj44magnum

thinking of marines and engineering PRINCIFUR please respond

Hey princifur i read on the "Help a young man decide" thread that you had a degree in civil engineering. so i assume you went to school before you deicide to joing the marines. But let me get to the point you said you would like to be a combat engineer it sounds a bit interesting to me i have always want to either be in infantry or be an engineer and not musically for the military but a engineer in general. I have put the whole engineering thing on the back burner till i read ur post and it got me thinking. Well i was hoping you could tell me about combat engineering ~!What They Do!~, were they go, schooling, pay, extra... and also about civil engineering if you could any. the civil engineering is equally IMOPORTANT so tell me as much as you can about both types please.

Last edited by hj44magnum; 03-05-2006 at 22:13..
hj44magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:10   #2
Princifur

Send a message via AIM to Princifur
I'll tell you what I know, PM me with an email address and I'll send you my own two cents and some nerdy engineering links.

Anybody here a former combat engineer and want to give hj44magnum some advice, information or a story?
Princifur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:12   #3
USMCGrunt

I wasn't a Combat Eng. but from all of those that I ever talked to, they said that they were just glorified infantry that blows stuff up. From what I know, they were the ones that get a lot more training with explosives and how to build an air strip in a jungle or how to build a quick bridge over a river so troops can cross. They are the ones that would go to the front of an assult to extend bangalor torpedos through the wire to blow the hole. And I'm sure that the bad guys wouldn't be shooting at you at all while you do this!;f In my book, hats off to the CE but I sure wouldn't want to be one!