SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:52   #1
LittleLebowski
Urban Achiever!

Bad experience with Old Dominion Arms in Manassas

I dropped off my Browning Buckmark the first week of December to be reassembled (my brother tried to do a light trigger job). I just picked it up yesterday after 4 months of "call next week", "I ordered the part (missing pins) from Brownells", "Browning is sending me the parts." (Note how he quoted 2 different solutions for parts.)

The gun had not been touched, it was in pieces in a cardboard box. The so-called gunsmith asked me if I wanted the new parts, I said "Sure, if there's a receipt for them, I'd be happy to buy them." He puttered around his mess of a workbench for almost 10 minutes before I said "Why don't you give me a call if you find the parts?" and he replied "I'm sending them back."

He obviously didn't have the parts and hadn't touched the weapon. I wish I could find a good local smith.

Both Guns&Ammo Warehouse and Virginia Arms are miles ahead in professionalism, prices, and selection. I like giving my business to small shops but not under these sort of circumstances and I got real sick and tired of waiting in that little shop full of cigarette smoke.

This is not libel; all of these events actually happened.

Last edited by LittleLebowski; 03-25-2007 at 05:56..
LittleLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 14:37   #2
sigpro357

My recommendation is for you to get the parts and repair it yourself. If you have some patience and mechanical knowledge you can repair most anything on a handgun. Do your research. Pour through the gun boards and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Good gunsmiths are hard to find. In Virginia I don't know of any. I have utilized Gander Mountain once for the replacement of a front sight. They put marks on the front site maring it slightly. Being that it was just the site I decided to let it go. But for the headaches that one encounters it makes you wonder WHY? From now on I'll buy the tools I need and do it myself.

The biggest problem with this country today is that you can't pay anyone to do a job and do it right these days. Everything is either half -ssed or of defective quality. When you can't even pay good money to get a quality product or job then we have really gone to he-- in my opinion.
sigpro357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 15:05   #3
Broadside

If I may offer a suggestion, you may want to try M&M Gunsmithing in Alexandria, VA:

http://www.mmgunsmithing.com/
Broadside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 15:07   #4
LittleLebowski
Urban Achiever!

I'll look them up, Broadside. Their website did not display at all on my computer, probably because I only run Linux.
LittleLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 19:34   #5
watsoncb
CLM Number 40
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via MSN to watsoncb Send a message via Yahoo to watsoncb

MM Gunsmithing

Broadside. May be this will help....

M&M Gunsmithing is a shop offering a full line of gunsmithing services. Our gunsmith is a graduate of the Pennsylvania School who was employed as a gunsmith at Interarms for nearly 15 years and has vast experience with their firearms (Rossi, Star, Walther, Mark X, Astra, Va. Dragoon, FEG, Helwan, Bersa, Bernardelli). Repair and custom work is offered for all manufactures. References available upon request.

NRA Golden Eagle
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member

204 S. Union Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: 703-739-2150
Fax: 703-739-9890
E-mail: mail@mmgunsmithing.com

Glock Talk Charter Lifetime Member #40
Glockers of the Old Dominion #648
Smith & Wesson Club #648
Black Rifle Club #648
Kalashnikov Klub #648
The 10 Ring #648
Sub Club #648
watsoncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 13:43   #6
stooxie
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LittleLebowski
I'll look them up, Broadside. Their website did not display at all on my computer, probably because I only run Linux.
Only works in IE. That's a demerit in my book!

-Stooxie
stooxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 18:56   #7
Hunterjbb

Send a message via ICQ to Hunterjbb
Re: MM Gunsmithing

/
Quote:
Originally posted by watsoncb
Broadside. May be this will help....

M&M Gunsmithing is a shop offering a full line of gunsmithing services. Our gunsmith is a graduate of the Pennsylvania School who was employed as a gunsmith at Interarms for nearly 15 years and has vast experience with their firearms (Rossi, Star, Walther, Mark X, Astra, Va. Dragoon, FEG, Helwan, Bersa, Bernardelli). Repair and custom work is offered for all manufactures. References available upon request.
Man that brings back memories i had a 30.06 Mark x.. and it was by far the most accurate rifle i've ever owned. I paid like 100 bucks in a private deal for it.. Loved it right up till some shmuck stole it.. man the police were very annoyed with me.. had a 4x12 on it and a harris bi pod attached when the took it..

You could try TTI in Glenn Allen, Trapper maybe able to take care of it for you.

Jeff.
Hunterjbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:44   #8
stooxie
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Broadside
If I may offer a suggestion, you may want to try M&M Gunsmithing in Alexandria, VA:

http://www.mmgunsmithing.com/
Can you tell us about some experiences you had with them? What firearms, what work?

Thanks!
-Stooxie
stooxie is offline   Reply With Quote