Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:40   #1
ky_glock26
Alex Goodman

Cool site, been cruising around reading a lot of posts and just found this section. I live in J-Town so I was pretty tickled to find a group of shooters on the web right in my back yard.

I just got my G26 a couple of days ago and so far I am really impressed. I also have a Sig P239 (.40SW) and a XD-9. Both the Sig and the XD were a little too big to conceal comfortably so I began searching for a small 9mm to fill the requirements.

I have had my Sig for about 6 years and while I am happy with it I wanted to go a different route. I have been very happy with my XD. Actually I when I bought my XD I had went to the shop to purchase a G19. After looking at the XD-9 and the G19 side by side and internally I walked away with the XD-9.

That said both are a little big for easy concealment. And my itching for a Glock had never been scratched. So I took the plunge and bought the little Glock.

So far I couldn't be happier. I am really impressed by the complex, simplicity of this weapon. And it conceals nicely with my Bianchi 100 holster.

Now, hopefully no kB!s for me!
Old 04-27-2007, 08:00   #2
Clyde
Lost in KY

Send a message via Yahoo to Clyde
Welcome to the Kentucky Shooting Family.

Some many guns so little time -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39   #3
TreehugginGlock

Glad to have you. You should come by Bluegrass Indoor on a Thursday night and come shoot with us GLIPSC folk. You can use your Sig or Glock or.....we don't descriminate. It's a lot of fun. On Tuesday nights there's an IPSC group (Hidden Hills) that shoots. They are tons of fun too.

Hope to see you there.
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:47   #4
ky_glock26
Alex Goodman

Quote:
Originally posted by TreehugginGlock
Glad to have you. You should come by Bluegrass Indoor on a Thursday night and come shoot with us GLIPSC folk. You can use your Sig or Glock or.....we don't descriminate. It's a lot of fun. On Tuesday nights there's an IPSC group (Hidden Hills) that shoots. They are tons of fun too.

Hope to see you there.
I'd like to get involved with some type of club like that. I think Bluegrass used to be Ray's indoor shooting range, looks like the same location, haven't been to Bluegrass though. What times should I arrive to get signed up?

I just got back from http://www.openrangesports.com/ out in Crestwood. Nice place, but pricey, $21 an hour.

I put my first 100 rnds through the 26. I was quite surprised with the accuracy out to about 30ft and closer. 40-45ft wasn't too good for me. I can usually hit pretty well with my Sig or XD at 40-45 ft, so not sure if its me or the pistol.

At any rate I was more concerned with 20ft and closer for this little baby as it is my concealed carry pistol. And by the end of the second box of ammo I was able to put the rnds where I wanted them. So in that respect I am very happy with it. Also it is a very smooth weapon. I feel very confident shooting it. Starting to wonder if I should get rid of my XD-9 for a Glock 19???
Old 04-28-2007, 10:08   #5
Berretta9

I know how you feel. I had a 27 ( same thing as the 26 but in 40) and I've shot Treehuggers 26. Love Glocks but the "baby" Glocks are too small for my hands and I can't grip them well enough to shoot any distance with them. Dom , however, seems to shoot them as well as the big ones. I'm thinking of a small Smith reveover for a pocket gun.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:15   #6
Kyglock22

Quote:
Originally posted by Berretta9
I know how you feel. I had a 27 ( same thing as the 26 but in 40) and I've shot Treehuggers 26. Love Glocks but the "baby" Glocks are too small for my hands and I can't grip them well enough to shoot any distance with them. Dom , however, seems to shoot them as well as the big ones. I'm thinking of a small Smith reveover for a pocket gun.
Not to hijack the thread, but by chance have you tried a Kahr PM9 for pocket carry Berretta9? I was carrying a G27 daily for awhile, but made the switch to the PM9 and have been very happy.
Kahr Club #105
NRA Member
USPSA Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

AR15dotCom = Home of the Mall Ninja and Sofa Sniper
Kyglock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 13:33   #7
glockguy609
A self portrait

Send a message via Yahoo to glockguy609
My pocket gun (well it will be if I ever get arround to ordering the bobbed hammer from Brownells) Charter Arms Stainless Bulldog .44 cut down to a snubbie!

glockguy609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 13:34   #8
glockguy609
A self portrait

Send a message via Yahoo to glockguy609
big ole pipe

glockguy609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 18:55   #9
45gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyglock22
Not to hijack the thread, but by chance have you tried a Kahr PM9 for pocket carry Berretta9? I was carrying a G27 daily for awhile, but made the switch to the PM9 and have been very happy.
I shot a Kahr PM9 today at some Steel at KPDL. All hits.
This is a great little gun.
Old 04-28-2007, 20:06   #10
Berretta9

The trouble I have with Kahr is that they are owned by the feakin' Moonies.
Old 04-29-2007, 21:13   #11
Kyglock22

Quote:
Originally posted by Berretta9
The trouble I have with Kahr is that they are owned by the feakin' Moonies.
Can you fill me in on this?( the feakin' Moonies) I don't know exactly what you mean.
Kahr Club #105
NRA Member
USPSA Member

Old 04-29-2007, 21:15   #12
Kyglock22

Quote:
Originally posted by 45gunner
I shot a Kahr PM9 today at some Steel at KPDL. All hits.
This is a great little gun.
That's excellent to hear 45gunner... I too think it's a great little gun.... for the size and power, it's really hard to beat as a daily CCW pistol.
Kahr Club #105
NRA Member
USPSA Member

Old 04-29-2007, 21:17   #13
Clyde
Lost in KY

Send a message via Yahoo to Clyde
This may Help or at least give you a place to start Link

Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:49   #14
Berretta9

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyglock22
Can you fill me in on this?( the feakin' Moonies) I don't know exactly what you mean.
The link above is right on the money. They were and I guess still are a group that was a little strange. They used to be all over the airports in L.A. collecting for their cause.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:47   #15
Houngan

I've a Kahr P40 Covert, it's a nice little gun, although no fun to shoot. The moonie connection is unfortunate, I bought mine before it was common knowledge.

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 18:14   #16
Starbuck

I also like my P40 Covert. At 50 feet I can remove the bullseye. I was very surprised at how accurate it is. I wear IWB and it just disappears with the short grip.