SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-23-2007, 23:20   #1
recon3325

Veterans Disarmament Act

http://infowars.com/articles/2nd_ame...wning_guns.htm

I emailed Barbara boxer. You should contact your senator and tell them to vote no.
Not sure when it gets voted on. Protect the rights of those who gave so much for their country.
recon3325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:32   #2
rkba_net

The is a lot of MISLEADING info on this bill out there... PLEASE read it for yourself and DO NOT depend on second hand info on it.... IMHO this bill is (among other things) about getting records of "adjudicated mentally defective or committed to a mental institution" indivuals into NICS... here is a quote from the bill...

(iv) A record that identifies a person who has been adjudicated mentally defective or committed to a mental institution (as determined in regulations implementing section 922(g)(4) of title 18, United States Code, as in effect on the date of the enactment of this Act) and whose record is not protected from disclosure to the Attorney General under any provision of State or Federal law

Last edited by rkba_net; 09-24-2007 at 09:23..
rkba_net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:55   #3
Bren
NRA Life Member

Re: Veterans Disarmament Act

Quote:
Originally posted by recon3325
http://infowars.com/articles/2nd_ame...wning_guns.htm

I emailed Barbara boxer. You should contact your senator and tell them to vote no.
Not sure when it gets voted on. Protect the rights of those who gave so much for their country.
While I'm personally (slightly) opposed to HR 2640 (The NICS improvement act, not the "Veterans Disarmament Act") it is only because I oppose anything that involves more record keepiong and information sharing in government. The article you linked to is complete nonsense. In fact, as I recall, 2640 would make it easier to get mental health adjudication expunged (something that is now impossible). It definitely would not "place any veteran who has ever been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) on the federal gun ban list." "Anyone who is diagnosed as being a tiny danger to himself or others would have his gun rights taken away ..." - that's just not true. Complete BS article.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:24   #4
recon3325

rkba_net

I read the article last night and didn't have time to read the bill. I will today.

The article is definitely an ad misericordiam fallacy that I fell a bit victim to.
recon3325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 13:47   #5
rkba_net

Link to bill...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/.../~c110zAaSD9::

Pay special attention to...

sec 102 (b) 1 (c) iv

(iv) A record that identifies a person who has been adjudicated mentally defective or committed to a mental institution (as determined in regulations implementing section 922(g)(4) of title 18, United States Code, as in effect on the date of the enactment of this Act) and whose record is not protected from disclosure to the Attorney General under any provision of State or Federal law.

Last edited by rkba_net; 09-25-2007 at 13:50..
rkba_net is offline   Reply With Quote