SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:48   #1
nothing
Advertisement

CCW Renewal

What is the renewal process like, I just realized mine expires at the end of december. Will it take another 120 days for a new one to arrive or do I get the Frank Melton express since it's a renewal? Can I renew now or do I have to wait until it gets closer to the expiration date?
nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 18:29   #2
haras
Glock revolver?

Paragraph 12
http://www.dps.state.ms.us/dps/dps.n...1?OpenDocument

No less than ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date of the license, the Department of Public Safety shall mail to each licensee a written notice of the expiration and a renewal form prescribed by the department. The licensee must renew his license on or before the expiration date by filing with the department the renewal form, a notarized affidavit stating that the licensee remains qualified pursuant to the criteria specified in subsections (2) and (3) of this section, and a full set of fingerprints administered by the Department of Public Safety. A renewal fee of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) shall be submitted along with costs for processing the fingerprints; provided, however, that honorably retired law enforcement officers shall be exempt from this renewal fee. The Department of Public Safety shall forward the full set of fingerprints of the applicant to the appropriate agencies for state and federal processing. The license shall be renewed upon receipt of the completed renewal application and appropriate payment of fees. Additionally, a licensee who fails to file a renewal application on or before its expiration date must renew his license by paying a late fee of Fifteen Dollars ($15.00). No license shall be renewed six (6) months or more after its expiration date, and such license shall be deemed to be permanently expired. A person whose license has been permanently expired may reapply for licensure; however, an application for licensure and fees pursuant to subsection (5) of this section must be submitted, and a background investigation shall be conducted pursuant to the provisions of this section.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

haras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 22:21   #3
OXCOPS

When I still lived there, and had to renew last year, I drove to the nearest MHP substation at the designated times. You will get fingerprinted again and pay your money. I got my new card right then and there. IIRC, they still do the fingerprint and background checks, but if something comes up, they will revoke your permit. Since that is an extreme rarity, they issue the renewed permit on the spot (just like your renewed DL).
OXCOPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 17:02   #4
Lobo
Who farted??

Basically the same process as renewing your DL, except with prints.
#9 Mississippi Club

#520 Smith & Wesson Club

#520 Browning Hi Power Club
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote