Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-24-2008, 20:12   #81
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeach View Post
It doesn't look like a very large gun shop from the road, but wow inside was really nice! And they have two rooms of Assault Weapons for display that was really neat to look at too!
Wow! They sell full auto weapons there? (Sorry, I couldn't resist - the anti's even have US calling them "assault weapons" )

Seriously though, I look forward to getting that way!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 20:58   #82
4095fanatic

I hate to say it, but I usually just buy online... even with shipping and FFL fees it's usually cheaper. Only exception I make is for GLOCKs, due to local shops pretty much all offering the same discounted price within $25.
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 20:45   #83
Abull

Wish I had seen this sooner. Steve, what a guy! I live about 70 miles away in his home town, I have bought a couple of guns from him. I first heard of him from a guy working at Wilson Combat, told me what he was like and what to expect. First time in it was like pulling teeth to get waited on. After I bought the first gun it got easier and went from there. Of course, finding out I knew his Brother and Dad gave us something to talk about which helped. But I have seen people walk in, stand around and never get waited on! Heck of a way to run a business. Always seems to be selling to LEO when I was there, which was before he moved south to Nixa. Still the cheapest I can find on most guns and I wouldn't rule out buying another from him. My wife says we get along because I'm an a##hole just like him! Not a very nice thing to say!

Abull
Abull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:17   #84
Lynxkcg

As a retail salesman since the day I turned 16, it sickens me to hear these stories. Unfortunatly, around Memphis it's like this. There are 2 big ranges in Memphis, one has about 12 lanes and is about 40" long with a dirt berm indoors, they don't have a lot of stuff to rent, but they are the nicest people and have always treated me great.
The range on the north side of town has nicer facilities, but I've only had a good trip maybe 30% of the time. Just because I'm only 21 doesn't meen I don't know safety. I prefer earplugs to headphones and it never fails that someone working there grabs me when I walk to the range entrance to tell me that I need hearing protection. Thier consistency is a little off also. I took my girlfriend to shoot 3 times while she was 19 and 20 with no problem. The 4th time we had been shooting for almost half an hour before we were stopped and told she had to leave because she was under 21. We explained that we had done this before and all we were told was "Well he(previous employees) ****ed up, ya'll need to get on outta here." He then refused to give me a refund on the rental and lane fees(we paid 15$ for a lane for an hour, sholdn't I get 7.50$ + half the rental fee back?). We eventually got our refund from another worker after he picked up a gunrag and quit acknowledging us.
Lynxkcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:45   #85
502_Eagles

Bear Arms Scottsdale, AZ/Horizon Shooters, Flagstaff, AZ

Two of my favorite places to go. Guys are good honest people, good prices and good service. First time I walked into Horizon I told the guy I was just checking it out because of the limited selection in Flag. He told me if I needed any help just ask, and that he could order me parts if they didn't have them in store. Bear Arms has some of the best prices I've found and the guys are nice and answer questions instead of laughing. Got my Glock 21 with factory night sights and a surefire for $500. Went to another store to by something a month later and they asked how much I paid for the light, couldn't believe that it pretty much came with the gun.
502_Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 17:45   #86
wayne

Send a message via ICQ to wayne
I must have caught Steve on a good day because the only time I went to his store(before he moved to Nixa), He waited on me immediately and went in the back and got out the guns I was interested in looking at. He didn't say anything out of line or act like an a**hole. I know a lot of people who he treated like crap.

Wayne
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:48   #87
Jwhargrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
Maybe a group of us should drop in and sing a few rounds of kumbiah and ask Steve how he feels about P22s and giving away free literature!

EDI Plus 1250 Kinder
Nixa, MO 65714 417-724-0181 (P)
417-724-1002 (F) ediplus@gmail.com
Jwhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 16:09   #88
Civitas
Nip it!

Reminds me of Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman". The shop keeper is rude so she goes elsewhere to make huge purchases. On her way home she walks into the rude shop, lets them take a look at her new clothes and boxes of stuff she is carrying.... and says:
"Big mistake... BIG MISTAKE!"
Civitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 17:23   #89
Jwhargrove

Reminds me of a spoiled little brat that never had to work hard for anything. You have to appreciate your customers, and most of all, your good name.
Old 07-15-2008, 22:08   #90
JohnKSa

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. R. Graham View Post
I make my living by manufacturing firearms and doing firearms customization.

The CUSTOMER is the entire reason why we are in business. They are not there to waste our time.

Some folks forget this.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
Riflesmith, Elk River Tool & Die
Years ago, Mr. Graham used to live in my area and frequently had a table at the local gun shows. I always tried to go to his table and watch him work for awhile if he was at a show I attended--I've still never seen anyone who could detail strip a glock as fast as he did.

Not only is he obviously very good at what he does, he was always willing to answer questions politely and with a smile on his face, even when the person was clearly not going to buy anything and even when the question was one he'd clearly heard a million times since that morning.

It has to have been around 15 years since the last time I saw him at a gunshow, but that kind of attitude makes a lasting impression.
JohnKSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 22:12   #91
hollywood_5150

I was reading all of this and wanted to laugh. I have been dealing with Steve for over 10 years, and frankly this is the only shop I go to. His prices are the best, and if you are kind enough to wait until he is finished with his other customers, I find Steve to be quite friendly. The one thing you have to remember, when I am in his shop it is usually full of customers, and only one Steve to wait on them. If I am busy at work and someone says "I'm just looking" I will go to the next person. If you would have said "I called about the P-22 mags" he would have known who you were. I was in his store on a Saturday 2 weeks ago for about 45 mins., and he sold 9 guns while I was there so I think he stays fairly busy. So, complain all you want. He may be blunt and to the point, but it's his business. And all the cronies you mentioned, I'm guessing most of the time they are Springfield, Nixa, Ozark or Greene County officers, and very good customers.

If you don't like it, shop somewhere else. He's been in business a long time, so he must be doing something right. Or better yet, open your own shop so we can talk about you.

Last edited by hollywood_5150; 07-15-2008 at 22:17..
hollywood_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:18   #92
Jwhargrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
Capitalzation and puctuation would help if you really want us to read your posts.
As you misspell capitalization?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:27   #93
Jwhargrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_5150 View Post
I was reading all of this and wanted to laugh. I have been dealing with Steve for over 10 years, and frankly this is the only shop I go to. His prices are the best, and if you are kind enough to wait until he is finished with his other customers, I find Steve to be quite friendly. The one thing you have to remember, when I am in his shop it is usually full of customers, and only one Steve to wait on them. If I am busy at work and someone says "I'm just looking" I will go to the next person. If you would have said "I called about the P-22 mags" he would have known who you were. I was in his store on a Saturday 2 weeks ago for about 45 mins., and he sold 9 guns while I was there so I think he stays fairly busy. So, complain all you want. He may be blunt and to the point, but it's his business. And all the cronies you mentioned, I'm guessing most of the time they are Springfield, Nixa, Ozark or Greene County officers, and very good customers.

If you don't like it, shop somewhere else. He's been in business a long time, so he must be doing something right. Or better yet, open your own shop so we can talk about you.
The original post said that some guy standing behind the counter who said "he didnt work there" yelled to Steve from behind the counter. How could you know that if you never have been there before if "Steve" was with a customer? And most people don’t like attitudes from store keepers especially if they intend to spend some money.

I find that loud mouth people with attitudes have a following of people that want to kiss their ***** and be "in" with them. I have one in my neighborhood that laughs at the other guys that try to buddy with him behind their backs. He too will be a jerk to people, talks about his fighting days, loud, belligerent and these guys just hover around him. I don't do that and visits me and is always cool with me.

Yep, guys like Steve always have a following of ***** kissers. It's not his "great" prices that keep you there Hollywood. But if his business is lucky to be successful despite his attitude, think how well he would be if he just treated people with common courtesy. I bet he gets bent out of shape if somebody talks to him like that.

I will "find" a better price if I have to before I give that guy my money. Gun elitist is what he sounds like. Wish his store were in Texas, I would visit him today.

Last edited by Jwhargrove; 07-16-2008 at 08:32..
Old 07-16-2008, 08:32   #94
Cody Jarrett

Throw the brochures on the floor and walk out.
Cody Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:25   #95
Jwhargrove

Look at him in the eyes, throw them on the floor. Exactly right. Then turn and walk out the door.
This guy would have to chase you out the door to uphold his rep with his buddies.
Thats when you have your phone ready to dial 911.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:38   #96
AR-Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_5150 View Post

Hi Steve.
AR-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:00   #97
Civitas
Nip it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cox View Post
THANK YOU!
Not all of us are inconsiderate rude jerks. We're out there, just gotta know where to look
Maybe this is a regional thing? I've been to gun shows and gun stores all over the South, and I've never been treated discourteously. I've gotten bad info and been asked to pay ridiculously high prices, but nobody has ever been rude to me.

And I am amazed at how many people from Missouri are on this forum. You guys must be armed to the teeth out there.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:35   #98
RichardB
Silver Membership

Is there a basis for a law suit by the parties discussed this way in a public forum. Nothing is private on the internet.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 13:08   #99
Civitas
Nip it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
Is there a basis for a law suit by the parties discussed this way in a public forum. Nothing is private on the internet.
America is the land of litigation and just about anyone can sue anyone else over just about anything. But in cases of libel or slander, truth is an absolute defense. Just don't say anything that is false and you are ok.
Old 07-17-2008, 15:22   #100
Jwhargrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
Do you read any false libel in here? One person expressed their experience with Steve the owner of the establishment and based on that and now other input, we have a forum.

Just like the word of mouth passes around if you give good service, it works the other way too. It's called consequences!