-My username has nothing to do with Students for Democratic Society-
sdsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 21:01   #22
cookekdjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
follow the money trail.
ummm...to the grass roots?
Seriously, I understand you not liking his stance on some issues. I get that. But follow the money? Most of his contributions are less than $100 and come from average Americans.
Are you saying you don't like average folks? I'm afraid I don't understand. Did he suddenly get a payoff from somebody and it wasn't public knowledge? Help us out here...
thanks,

David
cookekdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 21:57   #23
Gun Shark

Send a message via AIM to Gun Shark Send a message via MSN to Gun Shark Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Shark

Yes I do think he has a chance I also think that it will be a very close race.
Gun Shark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 23:29   #24
gravel
gravel

NO,I'll keep my Glock, thank you.
gravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:01   #25
tomkatz

deleted

Last edited by tomkatz; 08-30-2008 at 16:58..
tomkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:17   #26
GMAN40
OIF Vet. 04-05

Do you think Barack Obama has the necessary qualities to be President?

Maybe , maybe not!! But McCain's POW experience doesn't make him qualified to be president.
GMAN40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:04   #27
slewfoot
Random Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN40 View Post
Do you think Barack Obama has the necessary qualities to be President?

Maybe , maybe not!! But McCain's POW experience doesn't make him qualified to be president.
Why do you focus on McCain's POW experience? How about his 20 + years of Congressional service?

We could match that up with Barry's 3 years of voting Present.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:04   #28
gelhard

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Glocks G20, G23, G27, G29, G31, & G36 all 3rd Gen... NORTH DAKOTA. one of the first shall issue states in the USA & #1 In % of CWP per. cap. GLOCK ON!!!!!!
North Star Glockers #2023
The 10 Ring #202329
Ruger Club #2023
gelhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:09   #29
cxray
Glock Owner

With Palin now, Mccain has both gender sides and would surely win this election
cxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 14:44   #30
cookekdjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatz View Post
here ya go.....

WHERE DID OBAMA'S MONEY COME FROM???????
Subject: New York Times Editorial
By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: June 29, 2008

OBAMA'S TROUBLING INTERNET FUND RAISING
Certainly the most interesting and potentially devastating phone call I have received during this election cycle came this week from one of the 20 Obama's campaign Internet geeks These are the staffers who devised Obama's Internet fund raising campaign which raised in the neighborhood of $200 million so far. That is more then twice the total funds raised by any candidate in history – and this was all from the Internet campaign.
What I learned from this insider was shocking but I guess we shouldn't be surprised that when it comes to fund raising there simply are no rules that can't be broken and no ethics that prevail.
Obama's Internet campaign started out innocently enough with basic e-mail networking , lists saved from previous party campaigns and from supporters who visited any of the Obama campaign web sites.
Small contributio ns came in from these sources and the Internet campaign staff were more than pleased by the results.
Then, about two months into the campaign the daily contribution intake multiplied. Where was it coming from? One of the web site security monitors began to notice the bulk of the contributions were clearly coming in from overseas Internet service providers and at the rate and frequency of transmission it was clear these donations were "programmed" by a very sophisticated user.
While the security people were not able to track most of the sources due to firewalls and other blocking devices put on these contributions they were able to collate the number of contributions that were coming in seemingly from individuals but the funds were from only a few credit card accounts and bank electronic funds transfers. The Internet service providers (ISP) they were able to trace were from Saudi Arabia , Iran , and other Middle Eastern countries. One of the banks used for fund transfers was also located in Saudi Arabia .
Another concentrated group of donations was traced to a Chinese ISP with a similar pattern of limited credit card charges.
It became clear that these donations were very likely coming from sources other than American voters. This was discussed at length within the campaign and the decision was made that none of these donations violated campaign financing laws..
It was also decided that it was not the responsibility of the campaign to audit these millions of contributions as to the actual source (specific credit card number or bank transfer account numbers) to insure that none of these Internet contributors exceeded the legal maximum donation on a cumulative basis of many small donations. They also found the record keeping was not complete enough to do it anyway.
This is a shocking revelation.
We have been concerned about the legality of "bundling" contributions after the recent exposure of illegal bundlers but now it appears we may have an even greater problem.
I guess we should have been somewhat suspicious when the numbers started to come out. We were told (no proof offered) that the Obama Internet contributions were from $10.00 to $25.00 or so.
If the $200,000,000 is right, and the average contribution was $15.00, that would mean over 13 million individuals made contributions? That would also be 13 million contributions would need to be processed. How did all that happen?
I believe the Obama campaign's internet fund raising needs a serious, in depth investigation and audit. It also appears the whole question of internet fund raising needs investigation by the legislature and perhaps new laws to insure it complies not only with the letter of these laws but the spirit as well.

IS IT RIGHT FOR FOREIGN COUNTRIES TO HAVE AN INVESTMENT IN WHO BECOMES OUR NEXT PRESIDENT???
Seriously, dude. Snopes is your friend. So is basic internet research. Just google "maureen dowd" with "obama fundraising". You'll be directed to alot of urban legends websites. The editorial is a fake.
Basic rule of thumb: if you see something about Obama that indicates he's a spy or a muslim or an agent of foreign governments or any outrageous claim like that, its a fraud. Every email I get from my Republican friends about Obama I run through snopes or a similar site. To date, 100% of them have proven to be known internet frauds.
cookekdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 16:56   #31
tomkatz

You're right, and I believed a good friend who said he had already checked and it was valid. Guess it shows you how much I dislike Obama, I'd believe pretty much anything about him.
Anyway, I'll snopes any stuff I hear about him in the future.
tomkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 18:21   #32
sigpro-fessor
5 Times A Day

Anyone who voted yes, and your on a gun forum you're clueless. Obama is as anti as they come.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sigpro-fessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 18:39   #33
infoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpro-fessor View Post
Anyone who voted yes, and your on a gun forum you're clueless. Obama is as anti as they come.
I'm voting for mccain, but what difference does it make if he's anti gun, anti abortion, anti mcdonald's....what DIFFERENCE does that make his ability to be president of the United States.

I think he is a worthy candidate for the Presidency.

Don't be so narrow minded. I vote the man, not the party.
Florida Glockers #1124
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
infoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 20:09   #34
superswamper

nope. simple as that
superswamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 22:17   #35
SW342

No.......
SW342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 22:19   #36
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

I say NO to B.O.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:30   #37
atlharp

The answer is no...

B.O. has illicited bad judgment and an inability to stand by principled positions when faced with significant criticism or political damage.

His associations with hateful anti-american preachers (Wright) and unrepentant domestic terrorists (Ayers) make him a liability of the first order.

So the answer is NO

ATL
atlharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:11   #38
mitchshrader
Deceased

he's most likely to be muslim friendly of any candidate in his position in the last 40 years. mexicans I can assimilate, if forced. 5 years of mandatory english classes, forced deportations of those receiving social services as illegals, tolerance of taxpayers (we LIKE taxpayers, get it? ) and we got a handle on the mexican issue. what we DO NOT have a handle on, is muslim investment.

and it'll eat the prosperity of our kids and kill our culture and mr obama is the prime suspect to sign off on it. that one thing, alone, is a deal breaker, and with palin i've got something to think about but mccains aged blather. ok, i'll do 'er. ANYBODY but obama.

no bluidy thank you, i don't want the social services at the cost of devaluation of currency, it's not even a fair trade. stable currency and LEAVE THE MONEY ALONE .. THEN you can have prosperity, it can NOT be inflated or stolen, it's a zero sum game till you ADD VALUE.. and that's by the worlds standards now and we play on a level playing field like it or don't.

either tighten up or get out of the game, and we can turn the country around with the same hard work that built it. . and without that hard work, we can NOT turn it around. islam is too divisive to exist within a republican matrix, or even within a democratic one, it'll eat itself in the attempt.

it's by it's nature unitary theocracy, and we can't tolerate even the toehold it's gotten already. it's poison. No to obama. to HELL with obama, in fact.. he'll not serve as a president to me and mine no matter who says otherwise.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:10   #39
kpw

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26man View Post
Lots of money? Check.
Good speaking skills? Check.
Lie with a straight face? Check.

He's got the qualifications. I still voted no because he's the most liberal senator ever, and what an Obama administration would do to this country and our rights would not be pretty. Just think what we'll be in for if he gets to name supreme court justices.

Everyone who wants Obama just go live in a liberal country and leave mine alone.
Yeah, he has all the qualifications. He is the Pied Piper of politics. He has become the messiah of the left and he is going to save us all from ourselves. People tend to look for a savior when times are tough and in Obama, they've found theirs. Promise the masses a little prosperity in harsh times and they'll be glad to give up some rights and maybe a chunk of their moral souls to get it. Personally, I'm pro-Life, pro-2A, pro-military, pro-death penalty and pro-business. He's right about one thing, I do cling to my guns and religion. I'm not so much bitter but angry at the populace that needs someone to make life all better for them. We live in a country that most poor people have a car, a computer, cable TV, cell phones and eat enough to get fat. Even with all of that, they still ***** because they are "entitled to more". Why? Because they are Americans? Remember when people earned their living? When they took pride in their achievements while enduring hardships? We have a right to health care and education and many other things but we're NOT entitled to it.

Sorry for the rant!
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 20:22   #40
racine

Noooo!!!!

He should run for mayor of Chicago, or some small town. The guy is talented but a real rookie for one of the most trying roles in leadership. He is a well spoken fella but his spoken points are empty idealistic ranting. Joe "...Your No Jack Kennedy" Biden would be my last choice of 20, and the reason he always falls off the ticket. Again, NOOOO!!!
racine is offline   Reply With Quote