GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:02   #181
Dean

Yes. But so what? Gore and Kerry did too.
A million guys have the skill and experience to be US president.
I don't think that's ever been the selection criteria, has it?
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:17   #182
BManoftheyear

Send a message via Yahoo to BManoftheyear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakettle View Post
Obama = no more guns. I think the NRA will even have a tough time with this clown, if elected.
That is the only thing most of the people on here are worried about.
You wont lose your firearms.

I really think most of the people would rather keep a GWB type president instead of getting the economy back into shape

Glock 36
BManoftheyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:19   #183
BManoftheyear

Send a message via Yahoo to BManoftheyear
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamj View Post
Umm....NO!!!

I will take the POW, military, senator, experienced canidate over the Community Organizer.
That is what is gonna ruin our damn country.PPL here see oh POW and think he is the one.I respect what he has done for the country in the past but I doubt he will do anything good in the future

Glock 36
BManoftheyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:01   #184
SW342

I feel like voting NO AGAIN TODAY.....
SW342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:01   #185
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Yes. But so what? Gore and Kerry did too.
A million guys have the skill and experience to be US president.
I don't think that's ever been the selection criteria, has it?
It's all about perception.It's what you make the public/polls see.A/N off base example.Remember how all the folk were worried about JFK/Him bein Catholic,Was he gonna answer ta the Pope or the people.

It's what each individual voter perceives of each one that is standing for election.And that criteria is a very whimsical.

Obama is a/n eloquent speech giver and has a dynamic personality.

McCain is an old hand and has his service record ta stand for him.He speaks fairly well and is to the point.

It will boil down ta the VP candidates.Biden party surfs and Palin is a/n newbie.

Folks IMHO it will boil down ta the fact that the country would rather trust a/n women/unproven-yes ta the whims of Biden.Remember all,that ALOT of Hilliary supporters will vote that way because they just don't like Obama/Biden.Why,they are VINDICTIVE and don't like the fact that B/Hilliary was knocked out.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:56   #186
farnhamj
NY CCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BManoftheyear View Post
That is what is gonna ruin our damn country.PPL here see oh POW and think he is the one.I respect what he has done for the country in the past but I doubt he will do anything good in the future
Lets see...he did something in the past, ie military, POW, etc, he is doing something now, ie, senator, writing and actually VOTING on topics, etc, and I think he will do alot of good in the futer.

What has OB done...explain community organizer to me(did he set up the 5k walk on the new airport last week?) and the fact that he voted 130 times "HERE" which means a no vote...cant make a decision as senator of Illinois, yet you still want him to make decisions as president. GET REAL!
Old 09-29-2008, 13:47   #187
ScottFF00
Hi

Is Palin qualified to be VP?

Remember, she is one old mans heart beat away from being President.
Old 09-29-2008, 13:53   #188
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFF00 View Post
Is Palin qualified to be VP?

Remember, she is one old mans heart beat away from being President.
She's more qualified to be VP than Obama is to be Pres.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 14:32   #189
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:

I really think most of the people would rather keep a GWB type president instead of getting the economy back into shape
Yea, you are on GLock Talk... I agree though. And to say that Palin is more qualified than Obama and Biden is LAUGHABLE. Obama/Biden has FAR MORE the experience on it than McCain/Palin. Biden is the 3rd longest seating US Senator in the chamber.

1. Robert Byrd
2. Ted Kennedy
3. Joe Biden

I am feeling good about this election because I know Obama is going to win and all the McCain supporters are going to be crying and *****ing for the next 4 years.

And how much are ya willing to bet, I will still be going to the range every week, shooting my Glocks?
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 14:34   #190
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Obama is going to win. Sorry.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 18:34   #191
SigPro2022

Quote:
This is a gun forum, what else would you expect?...
SigPro2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 19:59   #192
farnhamj
NY CCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady glock View Post
she's more qualified to be vp than obama is to be pres.
+++++1
Old 09-29-2008, 21:21   #193
cookekdjr

Quote:
Are you laughing at the foolishness of your own remark? I am

Perhaps you noticed that Saturday Night Live did not have to change Palin's answers for their opening skit. They actually used her real, actual answers. Think about that.
Now compare how many people Obama represented in his State Senate district (several hundred thousand) and then as a US Senator (millions) to Palins experience.
Then compare Obama's to Abe Lincoln's.

Obama comes out on top every time. Disagree with Obama's policies. OK, fine.
Call him unqualified? That's just not based on reality and the history of the presidency.

Oh, by the way. Ask Palin to name one, just one, Supreme Court case besides Row v. Wade. She'll have tp get back to you. Seriously:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_130395.html

Last edited by cookekdjr; 09-29-2008 at 21:25..
cookekdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 22:00   #194
Lady Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
Yea, you are on GLock Talk... I agree though. And to say that Palin is more qualified than Obama and Biden is LAUGHABLE. Obama/Biden has FAR MORE the experience on it than McCain/Palin. Biden is the 3rd longest seating US Senator in the chamber.

1. Robert Byrd
2. Ted Kennedy
3. Joe Biden

I am feeling good about this election because I know Obama is going to win and all the McCain supporters are going to be crying and *****ing for the next 4 years.

And how much are ya willing to bet, I will still be going to the range every week, shooting my Glocks?
You poor little misguided liberal. Stock up on Kleenix, you're gonna need it to wipe your nose when you can't stop that you didn't get your way.

Old 09-29-2008, 22:15   #195
LANDON DUNN

No boma's
Old 09-29-2008, 23:16   #196
Lady Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookekdjr View Post
Are you laughing at the foolishness of your own remark? I am

Perhaps you noticed that Saturday Night Live did not have to change Palin's answers for their opening skit. They actually used her real, actual answers. Think about that.
Now compare how many people Obama represented in his State Senate district (several hundred thousand) and then as a US Senator (millions) to Palins experience.
Then compare Obama's to Abe Lincoln's.

Obama comes out on top every time. Disagree with Obama's policies. OK, fine.
Call him unqualified? That's just not based on reality and the history of the presidency.

Oh, by the way. Ask Palin to name one, just one, Supreme Court case besides Row v. Wade. She'll have tp get back to you. Seriously:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/29/latest-palin-gaffe-cant-n_n_130395.html
She is Governer of the largest US State by area, and the 6th wealthiest (per capita income). She has control over more financial matters than Biden (or obama). She's down to earth, doesn't conform to the *Elite* and will truly work to serve the American people, not the Washington bureaucrats

Obama spent 138(?) days in the Senate and couldn't even make a decision on many of the bills that came up for vote. He chose instead to vote "present" a large % of the time. He has missed 306 (24%) of 1287 votes since Jan 6, 2005. He can't even be counted on to do the job he was being paid to do, I can't believe people want to trust him to do the job of protecting our country.

Old 09-30-2008, 00:33   #197
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post

1. Robert Byrd
2. Ted Kennedy
3. Joe Biden

Since the Heller decision has neutered the Gun Grabbing Dems what recourse do they have? Hope you enjoy shooting your Glocks at $50 a pull.Fools they deserve there FATE.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:42   #198
cookekdjr

Obama spent 138(?) days in the Senate and couldn't even make a decision on many of the bills that came up for vote. He chose instead to vote "present" a large % of the time. He has missed 306 (24%) of 1287 votes since Jan 6, 2005. He can't even be counted on to do the job he was being paid to do, I can't believe people want to trust him to do the job of protecting our country.

Your research stinks. Please educate yourself enough about Obama's record to speak intelligently about it. Obama has been a State Senator, and a US Senator. He has been a US Senator for several years.
The US Senate does not have a "present" vote. Only Yes or No.
The Illinois Senate does have a "present" vote, and it is an accepted practice in that body.
By the way, how does Obama's percentage of votes cast compare to McCain's?
cookekdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:52   #199
gunsite
CLM Number 227
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
that's true, people don't know with their talking about when they talk about Sarah's lack of experience.

Lack of experience belongs to barry, he has none, barry been in politics a few years as a person in charge of nothing, and accountable to know one. He was a lawyer ACORN...lol, and a community organizer which means he was a block organizer/agitator. The few years barry has been in the senate 2 of those years has been getting groomed to run for president. People don't talk about his lack of experience, my god, all his political experience was voting, and i can't remember how many times he couldn't make a decision between Ya or Na, so he voted present.

This guy is empty, he has nothing, where is all the media walking through his hood, you know... the community that he did his organizing in.

Funny....
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/hel..._teleprompter/
Old 09-30-2008, 10:29   #200
SW342

If it's ok with you guys.....I want to vote NO AGAIN --- NOBAMA!
SW342 is offline   Reply With Quote